IGNORED

Just back .... match review

headhunter

• Admin
1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Glad to hear Brownhill was MOTM.  He was the weakest link in the games against Wolves and QPR and if Johnson was competent he would have subbed him,  but when Josh gets his attacking game going he can be a right handful. 

1 hour ago, LeeCity said:

Weakest link ?

Either you're saying this to show your dislike of LJ or you didnt go to those games. (Or you don't know what you're talking about)

Certainly not the way I saw either of those games

3 hours ago, RedSA said:

@Olé you put that new Bristol Post reporter to shame. You should always put your reports in their own thread so they don't get missed. 

Isn't the new Bristol Post guy terrible? I know Stockhausen wasn't perfect, and he certainly had his critics, but at least some of what he wrote was worth reading. There's absolutely no point in going into their site anymore.

It can only be a matter of time before they shut down completely imo if that's the quality of journalism they're peddling these days. 

47 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Isn't the new Bristol Post guy terrible? I know Stockhausen wasn't perfect, and he certainly had his critics, but at least some of what he wrote was worth reading. There's absolutely no point in going into their site anymore.

It can only be a matter of time before they shut down completely imo if that's the quality of journalism they're peddling these days. 

Awful. It genuinely reads like a 15 year old Chinese boy has written it and used google to translate it in to English. 

3 hours ago, LeeCity said:

Weakest link ?

Either you're saying this to show your dislike of LJ or you didnt go to those games. (Or you don't know what you're talking about)

He's generally fine going forwards but I think he's a player in Lj's own mould in that he tends to back off when called on to defend. In the second half of those games, the visitors pressed hard and JB was allowing them far too much uncontested possession.

Because he is a very active runner, he was also pretty tired come the end of the game, and I felt he was an obvious player to sub because of that.

Hope that answers your question,  Mr expert. 

45 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He's generally fine going forwards but I think he's a player in Lj's own mould in that he tends to back off when called on to defend. In the second half of those games, the visitors pressed hard and JB was allowing them far too much uncontested possession.

Because he is a very active runner, he was also pretty tired come the end of the game, and I felt he was an obvious player to sub because of that.

Hope that answers your question,  Mr expert. 

I'm an expert on spotting people talking rubbish.....you, my friend, are untouchable in that department 

Just now, LeeCity said:

I'm an expert on spotting people talking rubbish.....you, my friend, are untouchable in that department 

If you think Brownhill offered much in the way of defensive bite in those two games then you really should make an appointment at Specsavers. 

13 hours ago, Xiled said:

Taylor and Djuric might be our first choice strike partnership next season. Hopefully with new, strong back-up now that Wilbraham has probably played in his last game for us and Engvall getting a summer transfer back to Sweden (my conjecture!)

dear lord, if that's the case we'll be fked - fine as back up but how about we replace the bloke who scored 20 goals for us last season first. Then replace Tammy. Djuric and taylor will barely get double figures between them at this level.  

16 hours ago, Xiled said:

Taylor and Djuric might be our first choice strike partnership next season. Hopefully with new, strong back-up now that Wilbraham has probably played in his last game for us and Engvall getting a summer transfer back to Sweden (my conjecture!)

9 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Don't discount Shawn McCoulsky.......may be fast tracked

Blimey - are people really suggesting that striker options of Duric , Taylor and McClousky will be ok next year ??

:blink:

9 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Don't discount Shawn McCoulsky.......may be fast tracked

Not good enough quite yet-if what we have next season are Djuric,Taylor(whom are both promising) & McCoulsky we will be in even bigger trouble...

Need two in,I'd say one quality loan plus one signing as i cant see much value coming from Engvall (if any),and wouldn't be surprised to never see him in a City shirt again at first team level.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blimey - are people really suggesting that striker options of Duric , Taylor and McClousky will be ok next year ??

:blink:

I didn't say okay. But I don't think Djuric was brought in to keep the bench warm and to date he seems to have played his best with Taylor (the Rotherham season saving goal) and Abraham.

If we have a summer like 15/16 there might not be many new options for August. Are we an attractive Championship club after two seasons of near relegation?

As for McCoulsky, I would love to see him make the jump to first team. Afterall, Fulham seen to be doing okay with a 16 year old. But I think our lad is going to need a loan to a football league club before we know if he's the real deal.

7 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

dear lord, if that's the case we'll be fked - fine as back up but how about we replace the bloke who scored 20 goals for us last season first. Then replace Tammy. Djuric and taylor will barely get double figures between them at this level.  

We struck gold with Kodjia and Abraham. Unfortunately there's no guarantee we're going to sign a 20+ goals per season striker every summer. After paying medium money for Tomlin, I don't think we'll be shelling out £10M for a proven Championship striker.

22 hours ago, Xiled said:

I hope not, if they are we are down.

1 hour ago, Tiree said:

Ole usually writes good reports and i tend to agree with most of his comments.

Stemming back to the 'bad run' i feel you are still a little tainted and the fact that BRFC were useless as were Wigna, has something morew to do with how well we played. The 31 pass move/goal would make any team , even Brighton look ordinary so i think a little more credit is due.

Anyway it was a decent point and again LJ got the overall tactics far more right than Mowbray;

Which makes me laugh. Back in Janusary there were numpties wanting LJ out and suggesting Hollowhead, Mobwray, Zola, etc for replacements.

LJ has better records than all and is starting to show his experience from a difficult season is being learned from and his masters (MA and SL) will continue to bak hi, the club and set us up for a decent season starting August. It is remarkable to think that one better strike at Ewood would have put us fans on the beach / holiday - something no-one on here predicted 2 months ago

WELL DONE Lee

See you all at Ashton to get that one last magic win

Johnson has better records than Holloway , Mowbray ?

:laughcont::laughcont:

what the same Holloway / Mowbray who have a few promotions to Premier League between them ???

:laughcont::laughcont:

You certainly  should laugh , at what drivel you come out with ... 

doh

WUM

Archived