IGNORED

Congratulations to the team that finished in 20th place with 47 points in 2014/15 - Brighton (Merged)

cityexile

Brighton of course.

Good bounce back from disappointment last year, and shows it can be done without parachute payments. Sammy Baldock now in a Premiership side...

Now go win the title next week, let your hair down and get drunk for a week. Single biggest factor? Good management.

Love it, love it, if Newcastle ended up in the pray offs...

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

No chance now thay Huddersfield drew but well dome Brighton. Was only a matter of time with their crowds and coach.

It is very unlikely of course for Newcastle to miss out.

Brighton have built a good team, without spending huge bucks. 

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It is very unlikely of course for Newcastle to miss out.

Brighton have built a good team, without spending huge bucks. 

I wonder if they`ll think Sam is good enough for the prem or look to upgrade. I can see Murray moving on too and I still think it`s where Tammy will end up on loan next season - an ideal move for him, Brighton and Chelsea I would think.

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I wonder if they`ll think Sam is good enough for the prem or look to upgrade. I can see Murray moving on too and I still think it`s where Tammy will end up on loan next season - an ideal move for him, Brighton and Chelsea I would think.

That is a good shout. Always difficult I think for any squad player getting promoted to the top league, where there is then a good chance they get ditched! Tammy would suit them very well.

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

That is a good shout. Always difficult I thing for any squad player getting promoted to the top league, where there is then a good chance they get ditched! Tammy would suit them very well.

I remember saying to my mate at Wembley v Hull that most of our team were basically playing to get the sack.

16 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Why on Earth would I want to congratulate Brighton? 

Because what they have set up is excellent.  It feels like 50% of the people around here (Hove) are wearing club merchandise, the transport to their ground is excellent and subsidised, even for away supporters!  They have a decent model heading into Div 1 in what looks like a sustainable manner.

Hats off, decent owner and doing things the right way.

If we did this I'd be more than happy.

I have also not seen a child in a Prem top anywhere, they all are wearing their local club's shirt

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm not congratulating that lot. I think Skysports might have covered that just a bit this season.

Think they deserve every credit, but the wider point I was making was they got less points than us two years ago, and now here they are.

I still dream that one day...

Just now, Wanderingred said:

What have Brighton done that we haven't? Picked the right man in the right role to deliver success to the club. We can only hope that one day SL does the same.

To be fair to SL, that ground at Brighton has been up a bit longer than ours, they have been building for a few years now to this. Not sure your argument is that sound

Just now, Wanderingred said:

What have Brighton done that we haven't? Picked the right man in the right role to deliver success to the club. We can only hope that one day SL does the same.

Engaged the local kids, may well be due to 'success' or the fact it's a one team town but the whole feel is a little different.  They feel like it's theirs.   Impossible to explain but I guess it's the relative success more than anything.

11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Because what they have set up is excellent.  It feels like 50% of the people around here (Hove) are wearing club merchandise, the transport to their ground is excellent and subsidised, even for away supporters!  They have a decent model heading into Div 1 in what looks like a sustainable manner.

Hats off, decent owner and doing things the right way.

If we did this I'd be more than happy.

I have also not seen a child in a Prem top anywhere, they all are wearing their local club's shirt

Looks like you are using THE most successful club in the Championship to have a go at our club/ owner. Going on that, there is about 20 other clubs that could be saying the same thing

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Looks like you are using THE most successful club in the Championship to have a go at our club/ owner. Going on that, there is about 20 other clubs thast could be saying the same thing

No, they have done something properly, as I believe SL is aiming to do (whether I think he is going about it the right way is a moot point).   No dig at all in that post at the current incumbents, they just haven't managed it yet.

You asked why you should congratulate them and I gave you valid reasons, which I believe our club is trying to emulate, that is why you should be happy for them.

Just now, RumRed said:

No they have done something properly, as I believe SL is aiming to do (whether I think he is going about it the right way is a moot point).   No dig at all in that post at the current incumbents, they just haven't managed it yet.

You asked why you should congratulate them and I gave you valid reasons, which I believe our club is trying to emulate, that is why you should be happy for them.

No problem

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

No problem

I'm not always having a dig at the board!

Anyway happy with point today but as someone living in Hove, and the fact we have not been in competition with BHA this season, I am pleased a properly run club will go up.  

One day it will be  us.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Anyway happy with point today but as someone living in Hove, and the fact we have not been in competition with BHA this season, I am pleased a properly run club will go up.  

One day it will be  us.

Good call

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

One day it will be us.

If Carlsberg did fairytales....

23 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

How do you know that he hasn't already done so?

7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

To be fair to SL, that ground at Brighton has been up a bit longer than ours, they have been building for a few years now to this. Not sure your argument is that sound

But their "building" didnt involve hideous football, two successive relegation battles, a record run of defeats and the employment of one of the most despised managers in their history though did it? In fact, they finished 10th, 4th and 6th in their first 3 seasons at the amex. Their project is light years better than ours, despite being a similar sized club with an owner of similar wealth.

Archived