IGNORED

Congratulations to the team that finished in 20th place with 47 points in 2014/15 - Brighton (Merged)

cityexile

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

If Carlsberg did fairytales....

It will happen, doubt I'll be around to see it but hopefully my nephew will.  I'm going to be the generation that doesn't remember a top flight match at this rate.

Still I'll always have Gillingham.

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Was it Brighton that we played (under SoD) and they didn't have a shot on target all game? We still didn't win…then a couple of weeks later, we got relegated :sad26:

They didn't have any shot on or off target! http://www.bcfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?matchid=3519773

Sean O'Driscoll's programme notes on that match gave an interesting look into how they approached the game and nullified Brighton. http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130311-sodboronotes-701583.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

They didn't have any shot on or off target! http://www.bcfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?matchid=3519773

Sean O'Driscoll's programme notes on that match gave an interesting look into how they approached the game and nullified Brighton. http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130311-sodboronotes-701583.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

I remember thinking it was an improvement at the time! Lots of sideward passes…

Is that Adam El Abd in the Brighton shirt?

7 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

But their "building" didnt involve hideous football, two successive relegation battles, a record run of defeats and the employment of one of the most despised managers in their history though did it? In fact, they finished 10th, 4th and 6th in their first 3 seasons at the amex. Their project is light years better than ours, despite being a similar sized club with an owner of similar wealth.

OK, shall we talk about Derby? Spent shit loads, been nearly men year after year. Bigger club than ours, I think you might agree even... Are they as ****** up as us? I just think it's a bit crap using the team that's gonna win the league to guage how we, as a club are doing. For every B&HA there is a Blackburn, Birmingham, Ipswich (are they happy with the season? Wolves, etc etc Bristol city is not a big Championship player mate, the sooner you accept that the better I reckon

Ok club, nice ground love the fact when I went there last season that your ticket for the game also gives you free travel on bus or train to and from the game within a certain few travel zones. Perfect for me and my mates who stayed Central Brighton and good idea

Just now, Kingswood Robin said:

Rest assured I won't.

My point still stands pissy pants. What's yours?

My point, as you obviously cant read properly is ..you are guaging us against the team that is about to win the league. So at least we share something in common with 23 other clubs

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

OK, shall we talk about Derby? Spent shit loads, been nearly men year after year. Bigger club than ours, I think you might agree even... Are they as ****** up as us? I just think it's a bit crap using the team that's gonna win the league to guage how we, as a club are doing. For every B&HA there is a Blackburn, Birmingham, Ipswich (are they happy with the season? Wolves, etc etc Bristol city is not a big Championship player mate, the sooner you accept that the better I reckon

So we should just toddle of to the Conference (South) and enjoy our local derbies against Weston and Barff?

13 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Bristol city is not a big Championship player mate, the sooner you accept that the better I reckon

Don't be patronising and don't tell me what to think. Whats wrong with using Brighton as a benchmark for what we could achieve if we got our house in gear? They are certainly no bigger a club than us, neither are the likes of Bournemouth or Swansea. If we arent looking to better ourselves and keep up with the Jones's then whats the point? 

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

My point, as you obviously cant read properly is ..you are guaging us against the team that is about to win the league. So at least we share something in common with 23 other clubs

There you go again, a little bit nasty. I can read thank you, and spell.

I'm talking about a team that's overtaken us, which it has. They may well become champions, a different story all together. They've still overtaken us, as have many others.

5 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Just the needless "But don't let that bother you" at the end, suggests you might be. Happens a lot on here, why do people do it?

How the **** have they overtaken us. We came up 2 years ago

Using your logic, they have overtaken 23 clubs

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

How the **** have they overtaken us. We came up 2 years ago

It's not just about the last 2 seasons though is it? Not so long ago they were playing at an athletics ground and pretty consistently finishing below us in the league, even when they beat us in the play-off final. They have their new stadium, have moved forward and overtaken us. We've renovated our stadium and are still in serious danger of going backwards. 

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

a shoestring :laugh:

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well , apart from the £200 million that Tony Bloom has invested in the club !!!!!

I can't believe that.

Brighton have done it the right way like Bournemouth haven't they?

Archived