IGNORED

Chelsea - any other Strikers we can borrow next season?

Redstart

Lets be positive and say we will still have our Championship status next season.

I read somewhere that Chelsea have some 38 players out on loan at all levels - bearing in mind we should get a glowing report from Tammy, would you take another Chelsea youngster on loan again or should we really be looking beyond loan players at this stage.

46 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Why would we get a "glowing report"? Genuine question.

Why would we not? - you cant tell me a 18/19 year old kid could put in the performances and score the goals he has if he was unhappy at City.

Whatever we feel about the overall underperformance of City this year, Tammy has achieved what he has with the City team around him - I cant believe for one minute that he wouldn't be recommending that 'team' to any up and coming striker.

35 minutes ago, Redstart said:

Why would we not? - you cant tell me a 18/19 year old kid could put in the performances and score the goals he has if he was unhappy at City.

Whatever we feel about the overall underperformance of City this year, Tammy has achieved what he has with the City team around him - I cant believe for one minute that he wouldn't be recommending that 'team' to any up and coming striker.

I'm not doubting his performance. I just think that playing in less of a shambles would have yielded many more goals. Chelsea may decide to loan to a more settled club, with a proven coaching set up?

There again, maybe that is a recommendation for us.....he bagged a hatful in a chaotic side. Character building!

It would be great to have him back or one of his team mates, though.

10 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I'm not doubting his performance. I just think that playing in less of a shambles would have yielded many more goals. Chelsea may decide to loan to a more settled club, with a proven coaching set up?

There again, maybe that is a recommendation for us.....he bagged a hatful in a chaotic side. Character building!

I totally agree - that said though he may not have had the chance to shine in a less chaotic side as the goals, quite rightly, may have been shared around the team a bit more. 

21 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Hi Mike. Sorry, I know you're not being argumentative here and I definitely agree that we'd like him back! But I just want to pick issue with the ideas in your first sentence, as a few others have expressed them too. 

In terms of Chelsea deciding to loan "to a more settled club"... I think we are a settled club though, aren't we? Kept hold of the manager even after that dreadful run of form! I imagine that that is attractive to Chelsea... after all, they loaned him out to a team led by Lansdown/ Ashton/ Johnson, and that team is still in place. I think that stability probably plays in our favour, from Chelsea's perspective. 

In terms of Chelsea preferring to loan to clubs with a "proven coaching set up", well clearly that's not the case - Chelsea have already demonstrated that they are willing to loan to "unproven" coaching set ups. They did it with us at the beginning of the year!

In case I've misunderstood, and by "settled" you meant the first XI, then I really wouldn't think this is an issue. We've given him good training for life in the Prem! If anywhere is about utilising the entire squad, rotation etc, then it is in the Prem. (That said, I note just how few players Chelsea have used this season - and how unusual they are in that regard). 

Just now, City Ben said:

Hi Mike. Sorry, I know you're not being argumentative here and I definitely agree that we'd like him back! But I just want to pick issue with the ideas in your first sentence, as a few others have expressed them too. 

In terms of Chelsea deciding to loan "to a more settled club"... I think we are a settled club though, aren't we? Kept hold of the manager even after that dreadful run of form! I imagine that that is attractive to Chelsea... after all, they loaned him out to a team led by Lansdown/ Ashton/ Johnson, and that team is still in place. I think that stability probably plays in our favour, from Chelsea's perspective. 

In terms of Chelsea preferring to loan to clubs with a "proven coaching set up", well clearly that's not the case - Chelsea have already demonstrated that they are willing to loan to "unproven" coaching set ups. They did it with us at the beginning of the year!

In case I've misunderstood, and by "settled" you meant the first XI, then I really wouldn't think this is an issue. We've given him good training for life in the Prem! If anywhere is about utilising the entire squad, rotation etc, then it is in the Prem. (That said, I note just how few players Chelsea have used this season - and how unusual they are in that regard). 

I wasn't being argumentative (for once), and yes, I meant the XI. Although just a few months ago the whole shebang seemed to be heading for a cliff!

I really hope young Tammy enjoyed himself so much, he would like a second season. Not holding my breath, though.

I prefer to develop our own players rather than another club's .

Credit to LJ for Tammy who is an exceptional talent but I wonder if one of our own forwards would have filled the void with a decent return if they had played the number of games Tammy has played .

What I don't want to ever see is another club's journey man taking the place our own .

Adam Matthews is a prime example. :grr:

Stern John stylie , NO THANK YOU .

I would have thought that the Bullshit brothers would have buttered him up originally, along the lines of pushing for the edge of the playoff's. Bloody hell, a lot on here bought into it. 
I would love to see him come back, but the lad would have to be seven kinds of stupid to fall for the "we'll be pushing for a playoff place next year lad" again. 
I think we need to see what the club have lined up in the way of permanent signings and fill in the gaps with loans. Although I still believe we just need a couple of quality players to bring the squad together . A year on many of last years boys would have filled out and improved and will hopefully be "trusted"next year. What are the chances another loan comes in and hits the ground running like TA did.

Sam Gallagher the big lad up top for Blackburn on loan from Southampton will be 22 by September and seems unlikely to make it in the Premier league atm may be available on a realistic permanent deal. Yes hes only got 10 goals this season but possibly the fabled 'younger wilbs' I hear is required

2 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

Sam Gallagher the big lad up top for Blackburn on loan from Southampton will be 22 by September and seems unlikely to make it in the Premier league atm may be available on a realistic permanent deal. Yes hes only got 10 goals this season but possibly the fabled 'younger wilbs' I hear is required

Sunderland have had this guy watched, in fact David Moyes was at the City match watching Gallagher again apparently

Archived