IGNORED

Chelsea - any other Strikers we can borrow next season?

Redstart

5 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Why would we get a "glowing report"? Genuine question.

Of course we would. He's played regularly, played in his preferred position, scored goals and raised his profile. These are the things Chelsea will care about. Our league position and how much the players like the coach are not going to concern Chelsea one iota as they are not their problem.

The only black mark would be the driving offence and whether we could have done more to prevent it. But, all in all, Chelsea will doubtless see this as a successful loan and feel far more confident loaning to us than anyone who has taken one of their players and either played them out of position or left them on the bench. 

18 minutes ago, Redstart said:

Sunderland have had this guy watched, in fact David Moyes was at the City match watching Gallagher again apparently

Somewhat doubtful that he was thinking of Sunderland - surely he will be off at the end of the season.

Was he thinking of us next season,his replacement for Wilbs?

3 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I'm not doubting his performance. I just think that playing in less of a shambles would have yielded many more goals. Chelsea may decide to loan to a more settled club, with a proven coaching set up?

There again, maybe that is a recommendation for us.....he bagged a hatful in a chaotic side. Character building!

It would be great to have him back or one of his team mates, though.

To be fair I doubt he'd have had many more chances with anyone else bar the likes of Newcastle and Brighton. City's main problem this season has been the defence. It's been an ideal platform for someone like Tammy, if he'd played in a better team he might not have got so many games, especially early in the season. I think he'll remember this season as one of his best when he looks back on his career, but he needs to move on to the Prem next season, nothing left for him to prove at this level.

5 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

To be fair I doubt he'd have had many more chances with anyone else bar the likes of Newcastle and Brighton. City's main problem this season has been the defence. It's been an ideal platform for someone like Tammy, if he'd played in a better team he might not have got so many games, especially early in the season. I think he'll remember this season as one of his best when he looks back on his career, but he needs to move on to the Prem next season, nothing left for him to prove at this level.

Ssshh. FFS...don't say that!

5 hours ago, Redstart said:

Why would we not? - you cant tell me a 18/19 year old kid could put in the performances and score the goals he has if he was unhappy at City.

Whatever we feel about the overall underperformance of City this year, Tammy has achieved what he has with the City team around him - I cant believe for one minute that he wouldn't be recommending that 'team' to any up and coming striker.

Plenty of players have achieved with a poor team around them, imagine being one of the youngest players in the team you're playing for and you're practically carrying them. If anything a player going out on loan needs a club where they're stable and he can come in and learn from the players around him, if anything Tammy has been teaching our lads how to play, not vice versa.

36 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd like permanent signings over loans. But then if there are some gems like tammy or palmer of Chelsea, then they're gonna be worth getting. As for permanents I would like ollie watkins of Exeter. Or marquis of Doncaster.

Surely the Duke would be better! 

58 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd like permanent signings over loans. But then if there are some gems like tammy or palmer of Chelsea, then they're gonna be worth getting. As for permanents I would like ollie watkins of Exeter. Or marquis of Doncaster.

Ah the Marquis of Doncaster , lovely chap .

Only uses silver cutlery, always got a flower in his button hole .

1 hour ago, Robin 101 said:

Sam Gallagher the big lad up top for Blackburn on loan from Southampton will be 22 by September and seems unlikely to make it in the Premier league atm may be available on a realistic permanent deal. Yes hes only got 10 goals this season but possibly the fabled 'younger wilbs' I hear is required

The Wilbs replacement is Djuric . 

2 hours ago, Robin 101 said:

Sam Gallagher the big lad up top for Blackburn on loan from Southampton will be 22 by September and seems unlikely to make it in the Premier league atm may be available on a realistic permanent deal. Yes hes only got 10 goals this season but possibly the fabled 'younger wilbs' I hear is required

I've liked the look of him when I've seen him - My one concern is Blackburn fans think he's lazy and doesn't have enough desire

Just wondering, but how many target men do we need?
We don't very often play that way and we have Djuric ,(who has looked very promising) do we need another Wilbs? I would say we need 2 strikers, one with genuine pace , but another 'big man'? Not so sure.

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just wondering, but how many target men do we need?
We don't very often play that way and we have Djuric ,(who has looked very promising) do we need another Wilbs? I would say we need 2 strikers, one with genuine pace , but another 'big man'? Not so sure.

Main thing about having a target man approach is you have to have guys that can deliver a decent cross, consistently, be it from a dead ball or in play - something I feel we have really lacked for a while now.

I dont see Dave Cotterill being the solution and I think we will need to address it sooner rather than later.

10 hours ago, 29AR said:

There'll be a few clubs willing to send us a young striker after giving Tammy the platform. No need to stop or start with Chelsea. 

I had this positive thought as well. One season we pluck Kodjia who bags us 20+ goals in a struggling team and is sold for £11+ million, the next we attract Tammy (sealed after a meeting with LJ and his parents ;) ) who's bagged 20+ goals in a struggling side.

For all the negativity and critisism surround City, we've proved a good agency for any young talented striker making his way.

On a more dead beat note; we're going to need a goal scorer for next season.  Not investment for the future or 'taking time to fit in' scenario but one for the here and one for the now.  

That's not unless others within the squad don't step it right up.

4 hours ago, Redstart said:

Sunderland have had this guy watched, in fact David Moyes was at the City match watching Gallagher again apparently

Saw that reported too and then wondered if he was taking the opportunity to have a look at Flint at the same time?

Sunderland have a load of foreign defenders who will probably jump ship when they go down, plus John O'Shea who can't be that much younger than Wilbs.

For all the issues we have had defensively, it wouldn't surprise me if an English centre back with a decent goal scoring record and an amazing availability one who gives his all every game was on their radar.

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Saw that reported too and then wondered if he was taking the opportunity to have a look at Flint at the same time?

Sunderland have a load of foreign defenders who will probably jump ship when they go down, plus John O'Shea who can't be that much younger than Wilbs.

For all the issues we have had defensively, it wouldn't surprise me if an English centre back with a decent goal scoring record and an amazing availability one who gives his all every game was on their radar.

They've been linked with Roberts of Barnsley recently. Moyes has said he wants English players used to living in the North East. Which limits the field somewhat.

44 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They've been linked with Roberts of Barnsley recently. Moyes has said he wants English players used to living in the North East. Which limits the field somewhat.

Blimey, if that latter bit has been correctly reported they will struggle to field a side.

Barnsley isn't in the North East, either..

Perhaps they'll sign Matthew Bates from Hartlepool then? He fits that criterion..

1 minute ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Just imagine how many goals he would of scored in a top 6 team

I don't think that would have made too much difference at all to be honest - take a look at the leading goal scorers in the Championship, Tammy has the same number as Murray and Gayle - only Wood has more and Leeds are outside top 6 at the mo. 

3 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I had this positive thought as well. One season we pluck Kodjia who bags us 20+ goals in a struggling team and is sold for £11+ million, the next we attract Tammy (sealed after a meeting with LJ and his parents ;) ) who's bagged 20+ goals in a struggling side.

For all the negativity and critisism surround City, we've proved a good agency for any young talented striker making his way.

On a more dead beat note; we're going to need a goal scorer for next season.  Not investment for the future or 'taking time to fit in' scenario but one for the here and one for the now.  

That's not unless others within the squad don't step it right up.

Hadn't thought of Kodjia too but you're quite right. 

Personally I'm a bit relaxed re Tammy's departure (only a bit!!).

I think we've got a great striker in Djuric. For some he doesn't look a goal scorer, but I think he will be. He's not a Nicola Zigic or whoever it was Birmingham had - he's big, strong, mobile and technique looks good. I think he's going to be exactly like what Andy Carroll was when he played here for Newcastle (around 20 goals). 

I think we need a couple of forwards. But it's probably not where I'd make my marquee signings in Summer if honest. Full backs first and foremost. After that I think CM we could do with spending a bit. Striker; a loan and someone for around the £1m mark, more if we flog Tomlin. 

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Blimey, if that latter bit has been correctly reported they will struggle to field a side.

Barnsley isn't in the North East, either..

Perhaps they'll sign Matthew Bates from Hartlepool then? He fits that criterion..

I suppose from Moyes' point of view it is in NE England, though it's not in the North East as people usually use the term!

He's become fixated on the idea that Sunderland's problems are all down to foreign players who can't cope with the frozen North, ignoring the number of carp British players in his squad.:facepalm:

Not to mention the SOD-like gloom he radiated from day 1 in the job. It's rather sad to see his decline since he left Everton. With the money they now have he might have got them back into the CL. Hard to see him getting a big job again.

Archived