IGNORED

Harry Redknapp - New Birmingham Boss - Cotts his Assistant !!

BobBobSuperBob

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Is it just me in whom the name Harry Redknapp doesn't inspire fear? He's a long time out of the game, a long time out of this division and doesn't have the transfer window he usually relies upon. Most importantly nor does he have the 5 or 6 squad players he relies upon to keep him the dressing room - his defoe's, crouch, krancjar etc.

He's not committed to more than the end of the season (yet). I'm not sure how much he'll know about Brum, how much he'll know about each player, how much he'll know about this league and how to man-manage and handle their players. Frankly this stinks a bit of a marquee without much substance; Zola-esque

Harry is a very very good manager.

He is capable of getting the wins for Birmingham to stay up.

I now feel less confident of staying up now.

We should have got all 3 points yesterday those two drop points might, just might come back to haunt us.

9 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Is it just me in whom the name Harry Redknapp doesn't inspire fear? He's a long time out of the game, a long time out of this division and doesn't have the transfer window he usually relies upon. Most importantly nor does he have the 5 or 6 squad players he relies upon to keep him the dressing room - his defoe's, crouch, krancjar etc.

He's not committed to more than the end of the season (yet). I'm not sure how much he'll know about Brum, how much he'll know about each player, how much he'll know about this league and how to man-manage and handle their players. Frankly this stinks a bit of a marquee without much substance; Zola-esque

Its not just you.

City just need to do what they need to and win Saturday against Barnsley, then thats pretty much it.

Amazing how some are fearful that Birmingham will relegate us when they aren't even in the relegation zone themselves, if they bounce they bounce... there's still Forest, Burton and Blackburn below us. Im confident we'll take 2 wins from 3

55 minutes ago, LC_ said:

Only two teams are on a worse run of form over the last 10 games than Barnsley, and that's Rotherham and Birmingham. We've lost 1 of the last 6 at home, they've lost 4 of 6 away. I accept it's been a disappointing season, but we must go into Saturday with every confidence of taking all 3 points

Let's do whatever to get 25k down there, get 3 points then sit back and relax

29 minutes ago, bs3 said:

We must beat Barnsley, don't want to go into the last game with Birmingham having to get something out of it. 

Harry Redknapp v Lee Johnson is men against boys.

Not sure Brighton away is a lost cause now seeing as they are up, can see us getting something there.

I'm not worried by this at all. The point against Blackburn was good enough for me, and Blackburn are the only team I'm keeping an eye on. We're 4 points, well 5 points (including GD) ahead of them, and I can't see them getting those 5 points against Wolves, Villa and Brentford, even if we did lose our last 3, which we won't:)

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

HR On Talksport now 

No formal agreement - Nothing decided after this season - Going to try and keep them up and see what happens from there

Harry likes informal agreements, preferably with a Monaco bank account in the name of his dog 

cotts would be a good choice for harry  for various reasons but i recon the main one is that harry likes to go home ito sandbanks at night and he doesnt like to drive long distances.

cotts only lives a few miles away.harry then has both assistant and driver all rolled into one.

I'm not really bothered about the HR appointment.

Only have to put ourselves 3 points ahead of them (2 draws if they lose their next two games or any other combination people can dream up) in the next two games.

Looking at other results, a win against Barnsley Saturday with Blackburn losing/drawing, we are safe.

It's all in our own hands.

Just speaking with a mate of mine in Poole and discussing the Redknapp situation.

We made the point regarding SLs attitude towards football management, its like spending a £100m on a super yacht and then appointing a local fisherman as skipper, someone who never travels more than 3 miles out of the harbour.

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

They've still got the same players to work with but it does make our last game a complete lottery whereas it was looking like some easy points before. If we beat Barnsley we'll be OK but I wouldn't want us to have to get points from the last two

The same players that were up to sixth place under Rowett . :shocking:

Archived