IGNORED

Harry Redknapp - New Birmingham Boss - Cotts his Assistant !!

BobBobSuperBob

They only need 1 win, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get it at Villa, although the Villa players could just about rescue their fans view of them by beating Brum. Losing Kodj could help too, their fans have been crying out for someone less selfish! 

I still think (and hope) it's Forest that will suffer most in that they will not be safe until the final game, Blackburn will go down though.

2 hours ago, reddoh said:

If Harry is charge

Cotts is number two

does that mean Harry's dog is chief scout?

Thought his dog was his financial/tax adviser.

2 minutes ago, Redstart said:

Any news on whether Villa are going to appeal the Red Card

given what SB said I reckon they won't bother

"It was an act of petulance from Jon. 

He was provoked. He’s reacted. 

If they have to send Jon off, they have to send their player off too". 

4 minutes ago, Redstart said:

Watched it a few times and I cant see a definitive kick out at all - yellow card for the attitude though

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10841470/watch-did-aston-villas-jonathan-kodjia-deserve-red-card-against-fulham

What was he doing with his left leg then? Was he trying to roll Fredericks over?

1 minute ago, Redstart said:

Shapes up to put the boot in by the looks of it but doesn't go through with it I reckon.

Yep, sending off. People get sent off for "motioning to headbutt" even if they don't make contact, no difference in the referees eyes I would imagine. 

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yep, sending off. People get sent off for "motioning to headbutt" even if they don't make contact, no difference in the referees eyes I would imagine. 

Bearing in mind Fredericks had just run his boots all over him I thought he was quite restrained really.

Hope you're not on the panel if they do appeal  :)

Just now, Redstart said:

Bearing in mind Fredericks had just run his boots all over him I thought he was quite restrained really.

Hope you're not on the panel if they do appeal  :)

Well I don't think the panel (with or without me :) ) take whether it was retaliation into account, it might only get them to investigate Fredericks as well, but not overturn the refs decision.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Well I don't think the panel (with or without me :) ) take whether it was retaliation into account, it might only get them to investigate Fredericks as well, but not overturn the refs decision.

Reckon you're right - but we're overdue a few ref decisions in our favour so can but hope.

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

Or Hogan .?

Hogan already started yesterday, Kodjia was playing on the right and then coming central alongside him, as he did with us at the start of the season. I'd imagine it will be Albert as it'd be a massive game to chuck a youngster in for.

The potential for serious irony suddenly alarms me.

There is a scenario that would require us to win or draw against Birmingham to stay up (although I hope it does not come to this, it's certainly possible.) Furthermore, its also potentially the case that Birmingham will need to win or draw this game to survive.

The serious irony is that we will now have Steve Cotterill in the opponents dug-out......

As always you couldn't make it up!

So we have no experience (apart from this shocking season) Lee Johnson and no experience (apart from the youth) Jamie McAllister in our dug out and Brum have Redknapp and Cotterill.... just when I thought our Championship status was looking better!

Archived