IGNORED

That's class

Red Army 75

How many touches did Pack get in that move? 

I know there was a break in the move on Friday, but that goal was even more impressive in a way, as it had appeared to have broken down when it went back to Frankie. Does anyone know how many touches there were in that? 

1 minute ago, Thatch35 said:

Some city players didn't really know what to do with it so went back and back. But looks pretty.

No. Some City players retained possession instead of hoofing the ball forward hopefully and giving it away. Months of begging the team to play more football and thats the response when they do. ******* brilliant!

Blackburn weren't pressing further up as they were staying in shape and getting men behind the ball defensively. They did it at Forest the other day and won 1-0 so attempted to do the same again.

That really is a brilliant goal and a joy to watch. Great to see the players with their confidence back.

Just now, Port Said Red said:

No. Some City players retained possession instead of hoofing the ball forward hopefully and giving it away. Months of begging the team to play more football and thats the response when they do. ******* brilliant!

Took the words out of my mouth. 

Just now, Port Said Red said:

That's the problem. Wonder how many fans groaned to themselves, or out loud, each time the ball got played backwards :facepalm: it's called ball retention and working an opening. 

Just now, JHAGa said:

Blackburn weren't pressing further up as they were staying in shape and getting men behind the ball defensively. They did it at Forest the other day and won 1-0 so attempted to do the same again.

That really is a brilliant goal and a joy to watch. Great to see the players with their confidence back.

and thats how to open up a team that does that, by keeping the ball moving from side to side (and back when needed) and being patient waiting for one lapse in concentration or an opening

38 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Couldn't agree more. 

I never get the mentality of groaning when the team play the ball backwards - you get taught in u7s about ball retention and keeping the ball moving. These same people probably clap when a defender heads the ball back to their GK with no one around them. :facepalm:

Keeping the ball is good. Sometimes we get it in the attacking third and pass our way back to the keeper when pressed. I can see we don't want to force it but it does my head in when the keeper then hoofs it creating a fifty fifty in the air. Making progress I can see it. No need for a long hoof . Belief and better players .

Was weird seeing it from the other end it looked as though the chance had gone with some 'oooo's and then turned to cheers when the net rippled.

We were playing some superb possession football that first half that was reasonably incisive as well, not possession for possessions sake, ie passing it around the back 4 and keeping - we looked progressive.

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Some city players didn't really know what to do with it so went back and back. But looks pretty.

Ha ha ha , look I'm no LJ fan but it was a quality goal , I was there . It's called keeping possession and drawing your opponent out. You must have a shit life to be so negative all the time. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ha ha ha , look I'm no LJ fan but it was a quality goal , I was there . It's called keeping possession and drawing your opponent out. You must have a shit life to be so negative all the time. 

Never said this before. But I reckon he's gas  :gasmask:

42 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don't wanna take anything anyway from that class team goal....but it was only 29 passes! Not sure why the initial throw in and the shot at goal count as 'passes'?!

I think the throw-in would count but yeah, not sure why they're counting the goal. Still 30 passes is impressive, even if Blackburn weren't great.  The movement on and off the ball for this goal was and it's nice to see.

2 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

The only way you get players forward ( especially getting players into the box) is to be patient with the ball. Going backwards usually means that the players without the ball are able to get higher up the pitch. 

If you don't do this you end up with a long ball and your striker getting totally isolated, ring any bells?!

2 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

In general it is football fans like you that hold our country back in terms of the football we play. If this was scored by a team like Sporting Gjion fighting relegation in Spain people would be saying wow what a technically brilliant footballing country Spain is... English football fans are quite thick and don't realise good football when they see it. If you think this is not 'really knowing what to do with it' then buckle up my friend, because football all around the world is heading this way. 

Archived