IGNORED

Singing Section

Pearcy

Apologies if this has already been covered (I don't come on here often) but is there any truth to the rumour I heard on a Facebook Group that the singing section has sold out already for next season? I would rather trust/believe you guys on here then the morons on there :laugh:.

1 hour ago, Pearcy said:

So it could be true then. Any idea how many seats those sections hold? I'm currently in the Atyeo singing section but I haven't renewed and I gather I am far from the only one. If this is true I'll be surprised.

Your chance to guarantee a seat in the new singing section has passed weeks ago. If you havnt renewed soneone else has probably bought your ticket unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Is it going to be unallocated seating? If so a certain percentage has to remain unsold for safety reasons.

Not doubting you but why?  
If there are 1000 seats and you sell 1000 seats, isn't H&S taken care of. As long as people aren't being silly about it, is there any difference in 1000 allocated seats that have a more relaxed attitude to standing?

32 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

If there are 1000 seats and you sell 1000 seats, isn't H&S taken care of. As long as people aren't being silly about it, is there any difference in 1000 allocated seats that have a more relaxed attitude to standing?

That's what currently happens in the Atyeo and the reasoning has been explained before, although I can't remember why!

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I'm sure @AdamB can confirm or maybe @Dollymarie ?

I know someone who bought a new season ticket in there last night. There was a slight increase in numbers from what we had in the Atyeo as it's a bigger section. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The argument (and I'm not agreeing with it) from the safety lot is that people in unreserved areas tend not to stand exactly one to a seat and so more room is needed to accommodate that. 

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The argument (and I'm not agreeing with it) from the safety lot is that people in unreserved areas tend not to stand exactly one to a seat and so more room is needed to accommodate that. 

That's true - makes perfect sense in truth , people do 'spread' when standing 

26 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I know someone who bought a new season ticket in there last night. There was a slight increase in numbers from what we had in the Atyeo as it's a bigger section. 

and there is my point, sort of.

The singing section has a 'relaxed view to standing' and unreserved is expected to bunch together. But if they sold a seat ticket with the same 'relaxed view' what exactly is the difference. You would have 1 seat for 1 person same as unreserved, they could all cuddle together , same as unreserved but would they have the same rules applied to them? 
Just being devils advocate.

19 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Your chance to guarantee a seat in the new singing section has passed weeks ago. If you havnt renewed soneone else has probably bought your ticket unfortunately. 

That's a fair enough comment. So why am I still getting messages/emails saying I have x number of days to secure my seat when my seat is gone? 

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think the bold part may well be the reason. There will always be people who ARE silly about it.

I've also noticed that only half of S24 is on sale. There don't appear to be any tickets being sold in the half of the block closest to the singing section so it would appear there is going to be quite a large gap between the singers and the rest of the SS for some reason.

Just now, richwwtk said:

I've also noticed that only half of S24 is on sale. There don't appear to be any tickets being sold in the half of the block closest to the singing section so it would appear there is going to be quite a large gap between the singers and the rest of the SS for some reason.

We bought the nearest 2 available in S24 as half of it appeared to be already sold. Didn't occur to me it was because there will likely be a gap between the singers and the rest :blush2:

Just now, MrBibs said:

We bought the nearest 2 available in S24 as half of it appeared to be already sold. Didn't occur to me it was because there will likely be a gap between the singers and the rest :blush2:

Yep, that half was shown as completely sold from day one

Just now, richwwtk said:

Netted off to prevent `invaders` from other blocks perhaps? All the stewards would need to do then is check tickets at the bottom of the vomitory (sorry DM) and turn anyone away who shouldn`t be in there. It will be a lot easier to do that than try and get people out once they`re in.

I was told when i booked my seat in the singing section that part of the next block was going to be netted off to prevent people getting in and out of the singing section as it is un-allocated seating for 1500.

Archived