IGNORED

Singing Section

Pearcy

Just now, bakes said:

That must be about 350 seats which will be covered by netting how naf will that look like in our home stand?

How else do you stop people who haven`t bought for that section just ambling in and then trouble kicking off because it`s too crowded?

If that happens, hey presto, the club just tell you to sit down in your seats and you can forget having a singing/relaxed attitude to standing section ever again.

A bit of a naff look is a worthwhile price to pay in my opinion.

Colour code the season tickets for the unreserved section so that the rest of the ground has the normal red and white tickets and the unreserved section has black and white thus if a red and white ticket strays or vice versa then it's easier to spot and sort out.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

How else do you stop people who haven`t bought for that section just ambling in and then trouble kicking off because it`s too crowded?

If that happens, hey presto, the club just tell you to sit down in your seats and you can forget having a singing/relaxed attitude to standing section ever again.

How about having a bigger singing section, having S24 included and netting off a couple of rows not half a block?

Even home and away fans at premier games only have a couple of rows segregation.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Push for the rules to be changed?

I've never quite got the allowable standing area thing legally?  It either is or it isn't.

I understand the fact that in an all seater stadium then you can't have randomers standing in front of people that sit, that's obvious.  Surely if it's legal and people want to stand then give more space?

I'm an exile so usually only tend to go to away games which are unallocated and it just sorts itself out, standers at the back and sitters at the front, never seen any issues amongst our own fans.

We have a stadium now which is way beyond our current requirements so why not just sort it out?  The top of the Lansdown being closed is embarrassing, or was that for the Europa league in 4 years or whatever?

Open the top of the Lansdown, there are people that would like to sit and see the game from that vantage point and open up more of the bottom stands to those that want to stand.

The law is an ass.

Just now, bakes said:

How about having a bigger singing section, having S24 included and netting off a couple of rows not half a block?

Even home and away fans at premier games only have a couple of rows segregation.

True. If it works with how it is now then that could well come in the future - I can`t see a problem with it at all. However, you can understand the club being cagy to begin with as there are always idiots who will selfishly spoil it for everyone else.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Just now, RumRed said:

Push for the rules to be changed?

I've never quite got the allowable standing area thing legally?  It either is or it isn't.

I understand the fact that in an all seater stadium then you can't have randomers standing in front of people that sit, that's obvious.  Surely if it's legal and people want to stand then give more space?

I'm an exile so usually only tend to go to away games which are unallocated and it just sorts itself out, standers at the back and sitters at the front, never seen any issues amongst our own fans.

We have a stdium now which is way beyond our current requirements so why not just sort it out?  The top of the Lansdown being closed is embarrasing, or was that for the Europa league in 4 years or whatever?

Open the top of the Lansdown, there are people that would like to sit and see the game from that vantage point and open up more of the bottom stands to those that want to stand.

The law is an ass.

Everyone knows the law is an ass when it comes to this but it is still the law and all the club can do is adopt a `relaxed` attitude to enforcement otherwise the FA would be forced to act which does no-one any good.

It also gives the club the ability to `withdraw` that `privilege` should it be abused.

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Everyone knows the law is an ass when it comes to this but it is still the law and all the club can do is adopt a `relaxed` attitude to enforcement otherwise the FA would be forced to act which does no-one any good.

It also gives the club the ability to `withdraw` that `privilege` should it be abused.

I'm agreeing with you so my next rant is not at you but at the authorities!

Brentford,  Championship club over 1000 away fans on terraces, perfectly fine.

The only reason terraces were dangerous was due to lack of exits when we were caged in back in the day.

Terraces were the lifeblood of football and perfectly safe even if the police messed up allocations any surges could be controlled, apart from the bloody fences.

I've been in crushes at gigs a 100 times worse than anything at football in the last 20 years, one time passing out after being lifted off my feet and only being rescued by a stranger who was big enough to just pick me up, far worse than anything I've experienced at football

Technology is better now, just put the barriers at smaller intervals and make them have a break tolerance lower than human bone.

Grrr.....

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I'm agreeing with you so my next rant is not at you but at the authorities!

Brentford,  Championship club over 1000 away fans on terraces, perfectly fine.

The only reason terraces were dangerous was due to lack of exits when we were caged in back in the day.

Terraces were the lifeblood of football and perfectly safe even if the police messed up allocations any surges could be controlled, apart from the bloody fences.

I've been in crushes at gigs a 100 times worse than anything at football in the last 20 years, one time passing out after being lifted off my feet and only being rescued by a stranger who was big enough to just pick me up, far worse than anything I've experienced at football

Technology is better now, just put the barriers at smaller intervals and make them have a break tolerance lower than human bone.

Grrr.....

I agree with everything you say but it`s never going to go back to the good old days. There are too many vested interests and vocal campaigners who are listened to by the authorities for that ever to happen sadly.

I think they may have to at some point to be honest, when the old guard depart this earth I would imagine filling the stands might get more difficult.

I can't see many kids being inspired by Div2/Div3 football if they haven't gone through the visceral feeling of supporting from the terraces?

Can you imagine being 10 now with all the entertainment they have on hand being motivated to go to games if all they have ever done is sit in a stand listening to whining old gits in the stands? (Like me) , then when they are an adult having to pay £25/£30 a ticket?  

I'd imagine they'd find it dull as ditchwater, I'm not talking about the kids that go with the diehards, they'll pick it up, but the casuals?

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I think they may have to at some point to be honest, when the old guard depart this earth I would imagine filling the stands might get more difficult.

I can't see many kids being inspired by Div2/Div3 football if they haven't gone through the visceral feeling of supporting from the terraces?

Can you imagine being 10 now with all the entertainment they have on hand being motivated to go to games if all they have ever done is sit in a stand listening to whining old gits in the stands? (Like me) , then when they are an adult having to pay £25/£30 a ticket?  

I'd imagine they'd find it dull as ditchwater, I'm not talking about the kids that go with the diehards, they'll pick it up, but the casuals?

It`s a sad thought and I sincerely hope it doesn`t turn out that way. You might as well just not let anyone in and just televise every game in the premier league. I can see the end for a lot of clubs if that attitude does become the norm.

I`m just glad I won`t be around to see the death of the sport I love.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

It`s a sad thought and I sincerely hope it doesn`t turn out that way. You might as well just not let anyone in and just televise every game in the premier league. I can see the end for a lot of clubs if that attitude does become the norm.

I`m just glad I won`t be around to see the death of the sport I love.

Sad we're feeling like this about the sport as a whole.  My concerns don't come from our results at all.  I just think there needs to be that 'thing' back again,  I'm not talking about having to duck under the flying bottles of piss and darts, that was rubbish.  We need to get back to the fact that it is our club, we may not own it, we may be being bankrolled by a billionaire but it just isn't the same.

Maybe I've got old and the kids will lap it up. I just feel like I do when I have an Iphone and it forces updates on me whilst then screwing everything that worked before up.

I've come to the conclusion I'm just a miserable old git, it's like therapy here but cheaper.

I've never got the size of segregation between home and away fans anyway. Seems overkill, OTT.

Earlier in the season when there were small away followings we just had half the stand empty. Ridiculous but I guess is unreserved seating rules?

Also- and I am years behind the curve on this one but why was the Atyeo Home season ticket only? Safety Advisory Group?

13 hours ago, RumRed said:

Sad we're feeling like this about the sport as a whole.  My concerns don't come from our results at all.  I just think there needs to be that 'thing' back again,  I'm not talking about having to duck under the flying bottles of piss and darts, that was rubbish.  We need to get back to the fact that it is our club, we may not own it, we may be being bankrolled by a billionaire but it just isn't the same.

Maybe I've got old and the kids will lap it up. I just feel like I do when I have an Iphone and it forces updates on me whilst then screwing everything that worked before up.

I've come to the conclusion I'm just a miserable old git, it's like therapy here but cheaper.

I always enjoyed the darts and piss!!

Think the club has lost what it's good at while trying to modernise. We need some change and some changes are inevitable. Football is ruled by money . 

Archived