IGNORED

are people really boycotting because of LJ?!!

hoxton casual

I am, for this season anyway, and I haven't renewed. I'm unhappy with how WE've been treated. I'm unhappy with our club at the moment, most certainly not just the happenings of the on pitch scenario. I'm taking a break for now, which is easier done when we've been playing poorly.

I'll be back, of course, I still go on OTIB a dozen times a day & do everything I did before. I just, genuinely, do not want to be at Ashton Gate right now. I'm not a 'hater' and not a 'glory hunter', I'm 'CTID' but that doesn't mean I have to follow the 'super fans' does it? Each to their own I guess.

Just now, Tammys Scan said:

I am, for this season anyway, and I haven't renewed. I'm unhappy with how WE've been treated. I'm unhappy with our club at the moment, most certainly not just the happenings of the on pitch scenario. I'm taking a break for now, which is easier done when we've been playing poorly. I'll be back, of course, I still go on OTIB a dozen times a day & do everything I did before. I just, genuinely, do not want to be at Ashton Gate right now. I'm not a 'hater' and not a 'glory hunter' & obviously not a 'super fan' before someone starts. Each to their own I guess?

How exactly have WE been treated?

Board keep faith and support a manager through a sticky patch, and all of a sudden the entire club is the antichrist?

Just now, richwwtk said:

How exactly have WE been treated?

Board keep faith and support a manager through a sticky patch, and all of a sudden the entire club is the antichrist?

Like fools, like a wallet, literally called customers. Our owner specifically calling us 'us' and him 'him', no we. Corporate bullshit left, right and centre. Dozens of lies from all levels of the club that've been contradicted in other interviews. 

I'm out getting boozy at the moment but I could carry on with a bit of thought.

3 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

I am, for this season anyway, and I haven't renewed. I'm unhappy with how WE've been treated. I'm unhappy with our club at the moment, most certainly not just the happenings of the on pitch scenario. I'm taking a break for now, which is easier done when we've been playing poorly. I'll be back, of course, I still go on OTIB a dozen times a day & do everything I did before. I just, genuinely, do not want to be at Ashton Gate right now. Each to their own I guess?

Fair play to you. Im still unhappy with the club also. Ive got no faith in LJ and his coaches. He should of been sacked twice for this seasons failure with this squad, and im concerned he will make a mess of next season also. I will be there saturday and hopefully we win which i think will see us safe but i wont be renewing my season ticket as frankly i want the right to vote with my feet if mini-me starts tinkering, slagging off his players and generally making a pigs ear of it next season.

I hope he proves me wrong. The smallest shoots of recovery have started to appear in the last few games but im  far from convinced he has what it takes.

I stayed away for a few home games until it became obvious that SL doesn't care what the average supporter thinks.

I have decided not to renew my ST due to LJ. If he gets off to the sort of start I expect he won't be around beyond Dec. So I might buy a half ST after he's got the big boot.

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

I stayed away for a few home games until it became obvious that SL doesn't care what the average supporter thinks.

I have decided not to renew my ST due to LJ. If he gets off to the sort of start I expect he won't be around beyond Dec. So I might buy a half ST after he's got the big boot.

Hope you don't consider yourself a true City fan.........:disapointed2se:

4 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Fair play to you. Im still unhappy with the club also. Ive got no faith in LJ and his coaches. He should of been sacked twice for this seasons failure with this squad, and im concerned he will make a mess of next season also. I will be there saturday and hopefully we win which i think will see us safe but i wont be renewing my season ticket as frankly i want the right to vote with my feet if mini-me starts tinkering, slagging off his players and generally making a pigs ear of it next season.

I hope he proves me wrong. The smallest shoots of recovery have started to appear in the last few games but im  far from convinced he has what it takes.

Agree with it all, in fairness I now live in London so it's easier for me to choose against going, whether it's a waste of my ST or not.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

That's what I'll be doing, if it looks 'all okay' by Christmas then I'll buy a half ST. It's just not worth my time or money right now. I love football and I obviously love City but it literally just is not worth it right now, for me anyway.

Just now, Tammys Scan said:

Agree with it all, in fairness I now live in London so it's easier for me to choose against going, whether it's a waste of my ST or not.

That's what I'll be doing, if it looks 'all okay' by Christmas then I'll buy a half ST. It's just not worth my time or money right now. I love football and I obviously love City but it literally just is not worth it right now, for me anyway.

Another fair weather "fan"............:facepalm: 

7 minutes ago, Tiree said:

For sure those staying away have their right to but should also keep quiet on this Forum whcih is for opinion but surely in SUPPORT of BCFC rather than BRFC, Brighton or anyone else. THey should also please stay away from where the action (support) of our beloved club really takes place rather than this extremely unrepresentative Forum

Anyone not happy with the LJ 'turn round' since Feb but question if they ever really want to be happy following City; 3 great home wins (all more comfortable than 4-0, 3-1 and 2-1 suggest, some solid away games and oif course the 31 pass move.

LJ haters just watch and please contact me at any game when you have seen a better build up an dgoal; shame the other finishing wasnt the same standard as we would now all be de-mob happy and pinching ourslelves asking where all theat vitriol from January has gone.

The club are great, the owwner one of th etop 5 out of 92 and  the inexperienced LJ is learning fast. Does anyone really think Chris Hughton wasnt ever inexperienced once and he is now the hero of English football?

First para, so basically put up or shut up? Hello SL

2nd, a few wins that are insignificant in comparison to the much much longer period before.

3rd, 28 passes in the middle with nobody pressing them then one simple chip + terrible marking from a dire Blackburn defender.

4th, If we had great owners we'd been in the Prem, we have the money for it, there's no doubt in that. We're in the top 5 for least damaging/mental owners yes. Although your managerial comparison isn't really relatable/rational, if it was, that'd be one example of many many many managers.

If LJ is 'learning fast', why hasn't he learnt from anything he done at Oldham/Barnsley? Why has he repeated the critical mistakes again?

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

You really are a moron. You've openly stated you wouldn't attend if Gary Johnson was manager? That mean your not a 'true' city fan? Fair weather? Or just a****?

Rhetorical questions :clapping: love them.

3 minutes ago, Tiree said:

For sure those staying away have their right to but should also keep quiet on this Forum whcih is for opinion but surely in SUPPORT of BCFC rather than BRFC, Brighton or anyone else. THey should also please stay away from where the action (support) of our beloved club really takes place rather than this extremely unrepresentative Forum

Anyone not happy with the LJ 'turn round' since Feb but question if they ever really want to be happy following City; 3 great home wins (all more comfortable than 4-0, 3-1 and 2-1 suggest, some solid away games and oif course the 31 pass move.

LJ haters just watch and please contact me at any game when you have seen a better build up an dgoal; shame the other finishing wasnt the same standard as we would now all be de-mob happy and pinching ourslelves asking where all theat vitriol from January has gone.

The club are great, the owwner one of th etop 5 out of 92 and  the inexperienced LJ is learning fast. Does anyone really think Chris Hughton wasnt ever inexperienced once and he is now the hero of English football?

Chris hughton was a very experienced and highly thought of coach before going into management. His first full season as a manager he won Newcastle Utd a league title...you can't really compare him with LJ. 

I can understand that people want LJ to be our Eddie Howe.. I just can't see it, yes he's young, talks a good game, and dresses smart but that's about it.  I think this season will be very much like next. The odd good game or 2 but in general tactically not good enough. 

So if I understand correctly some will not be renewing based on their opinions of our current manager. Fair enough no problem with that. 

But if the current manager happens to be doing well next season then all will be forgotten and tickets will duly bought? 

Is this the true meaning of fickle supporters or is that just too polite? 

24 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

Like fools, like a wallet, literally called customers. Our owner specifically calling us 'us' and him 'him', no we. Corporate bullshit left, right and centre. Dozens of lies from all levels of the club that've been contradicted in other interviews. 

I'm out getting boozy at the moment but I could carry on with a bit of thought.

Unfortunately being treated as customers rather than supporters is part of football in general these days and not just City. I would love things to be different but it's the price you have to pay these days for a shot at the 'big time'.

Take a look at the vitriol aimed at LJ for not being successful enough and you can see why the drive behind everything the club is doing is getting into the Premier League,.

The only real way to feel part of your club these days is to be a supporter of a non-league side with the occasional shot at league football. It's how the fewers stay so damned happy.

Just now, richwwtk said:

Unfortunately being treated as customers rather than supporters is part of football in general these days and not just City. I would love things to be different but it's the price you have to pay these days for a shot at the 'big time'.

Take a look at the vitriol aimed at LJ for not being successful enough and you can see why the drive behind everything the club is doing is getting into the Premier League,.

The only real way to feel part of your club these days is to be a supporter of a non-league side with the occasional shot at league football. It's how the fewers stay so damned happy.

That and the deluded hope they have that great times are just around the corner.

Still, there`s always a minibus to headbutt if things get too much for them.

To my recollection we have had only one truly impressive manager through our club and that was Tony Pulis. At the time I hated the guy and what he was doing to "my club". Now I have to admit he had what it took to manage football clubs without oodles of cash. He was extremely pragmatic and did whatever was necessary to get results and hang the popularity. So in short what do I know about managing professional football clubs. All I can do is suppor the team I love through thick and thin- painful as that often is with our history

Just now, richwwtk said:

I agree with the first para to an extent, but not all clubs are like that. An easy example is Brighton, they have the money and they know the small sums to keep fans (generally) happy are insignificant. But I understand your point completely, I just thought more of SL until this season.

Disagree with the second, maybe it's my emotion but I believe SL is too arrogant/has too much pride/his personal relationship with LJ (ridiculous ridiculous appointment considering)  is too important for him to admit his mistakes.

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The only real way to feel part of your club these days is to be a supporter of a non-league side with the occasional shot at league football. 

Not in my case. 

Ive always felt a part of the club despite being treated badly as a fan on numerous occasions over the decades.

Following City has been and still is a huge part of my life. 

In the past I've turned down wedding invitations because City were at home and turned up at reception after the game.

16 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

First para, so basically put up or shut up? Hello SL

2nd, a few wins that are insignificant in comparison to the much much longer period before.

3rd, 28 passes in the middle with nobody pressing them then one simple chip + terrible marking from a dire Blackburn defender.

4th, If we had great owners we'd been in the Prem, we have the money for it, there's no doubt in that. We're in the top 5 for least damaging/mental owners yes. Although your managerial comparison isn't really relatable/rational, if it was, that'd be one example of many many many managers.

If LJ is 'learning fast', why hasn't he learnt from anything he done at Oldham/Barnsley? Why has he repeated the critical mistakes again?

"If we had great owners we'd be in the prem. we've got the money for it".

Have a little think about that one and come back to me.

6 minutes ago, allyolly said:

So if I understand correctly some will not be renewing based on their opinions of our current manager. Fair enough no problem with that. 

But if the current manager happens to be doing well next season then all will be forgotten and tickets will duly bought? 

Is this the true meaning of fickle supporters or is that just too polite? 

The Google definition of fickle is "changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections" so I think LJ's the fickle one of anything.

Going on our worst run in history, £15m+ spent etc etc, then (potentially) playing well 6 months later.. that doesn't sound like being fickle to me.

Archived