IGNORED

are people really boycotting because of LJ?!!

hoxton casual

2 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

"If we had great owners we'd be in the prem. we've got the money for it".

Have a little think about that one and come back to me.

My definition of 'great' is owners that can get us to as high as possible given the circumstances. Given that the main circumstance is money (which we have in abundance) and I'd say the second is location/potential audience (which is again one of the best in the U.K.), I don't know know why I'd consider our owner great?

If you think I mean money=success then of course not. I mean we have everything, except for the decision makers, or maker in our case (thanks SL). Which is clear, as we are where we are and we're not where we're not.

9 minutes ago, allyolly said:

So if I understand correctly some will not be renewing based on their opinions of our current manager. Fair enough no problem with that.

Is this the true meaning of fickle supporters or is that just too polite? 

Well if your definition of 'fickle' includes following the team since 1975; being able to name every player in the squad at any point over all those years; always knowing who we're playing next and, yes, looking at this site at least ten times a day nowadays - then I guess you're right. Some of you on here have a massive, smug superiority complex. And yes Robbored, I include you in that list.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Well if your definition of 'fickle' includes following the team since 1975; being able to name every player in the squad at any point over all those years; always knowing who we're playing next and, yes, looking at this site at least ten times a day nowadays - then I guess you're right. Some of you on here have a massive, smug superiority complex. And yes Robbored, I include you in that list.

Nothing smug or feeling superior mate. I just don't get the "protest" vote until actually it seems that we may be doing well and then it's okay to  get back and support the club. To me that is not true support regardless of length of time following our team. 

I personally cant justify going back till I feel less like a customer and more like a supporter. I feel like both us and Bris (who ive also had a ST for and followed home or away) are slowly being diluted into one. 

The final straw was the misuse of 15 million plus wages whilst clubs like huddersfield show that despite much lower prices and not cashing in on a big player, have done much better whilst also investing in fan initiatives to improve the atmosphere.

Yep.  I did. Cold turkey since beginning of January. But caved in as I needed the fix.

Noticed the cooler atmosphere though, and not just the April wind.  No 'Johnson says bounce around the ground' just an order to him 'Johnson bounce around' to which he hopped a couple of times, it being nearly Easter and all that.

A close famly friend (ST holder) who never missed a game since God was a small boy.  I texted him said I was here and he was up North somewhere said he couldn't be arsed at the moment.  Well there you go..

Surely we are a group of individuals, different generations, personalities, aspirations etc but with that one common goal of seeing Bristol City do well - we dont have to agree with each other all the time - what close group ever does.

If some choose to boycott for whatever reason, that's their choice, people choose to spend their money how they wish - doesn't make them less of a fan - I've got mates that have followed the City for years but cant afford a ticket to watch them. They still have that out and out passion for the City.

Lets be positive - do not lose sight of the fact we are just one win away from safety this year - lets get that out of the way and then we have the whole summer to vent our spleens before we kick off again.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

It will be full.

Those that don't want to be there won't be missed.

Looking forward to 25k for Brum.

Not wanting to cause an argument or anything, but technically if a few hundred/thousand stay away (for whatever reason), the ground won't be full.

:fear:

I'll support them with lj in charge and have renewed despite the fact that I'm sure he should have been fired. But he wasn't and IF we stay up (perhaps finishing around 18th) that won't actually be too far off where I thought we'd finish at the start of the season. I think managers have 'done' a lot worse to fan bases than lj....at the end of the day, results and people's expectations are what count. If we finish mid to lower mid table under lj next season I wonder if that constitutes 'acceptable '?

Just now, Redstart said:

Surely we are a group of individuals, different generations, personalities, aspirations etc but with that one common goal of seeing Bristol City do well - we dont have to agree with each other all the time - what close group ever does.

If some choose to boycott for whatever reason, that's their choice, people choose to spend their money how they wish - doesn't make them less of a fan - I've got mates that have followed the City for years but cant afford a ticket to watch them. They still have that out and out passion for the City.

Lets be positive - do not lose sight of the fact we are just one win away from safety this year - lets get that out of the way and then we have the whole summer to vent our spleens before we kick off again.

Great post, keep the faith & most importantly let's keep our heads.

1 hour ago, Tiree said:

For sure those staying away have their right to but should also keep quiet on this Forum whcih is for opinion but surely in SUPPORT of BCFC rather than BRFC, Brighton or anyone else. THey should also please stay away from where the action (support) of our beloved club really takes place rather than this extremely unrepresentative Forum

Who the ***** do you think you are telling people to 'keep quiet' on this forum ?

Every post you make is similar 

Prize *******

Mr 34 posts

29 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

My definition of 'great' is owners that can get us to as high as possible given the circumstances. Given that the main circumstance is money (which we have in abundance) and I'd say the second is location/potential audience (which is again one of the best in the U.K.), I don't know know why I'd consider our owner great?

If you think I mean money=success then of course not. I mean we have everything, except for the decision makers, or maker in our case (thanks SL). Which is clear, as we are where we are and we're not where we're not.

Ok, we have a lot of money. Why is that?

the location is crap by the way. Players want to live in London or the North West (i.e. Cheshire)

I must add that I am not boycotting, I could never do that. I am very angry though, at the way the club are going and the way the club treat it's supporters/customers. The poor management of the first team after quite a large investment in decent materials to work with, should have resulted in dismissal. And the fact that some, refer to our abysmal run of results as a "sticky patch", or "not being successful enough" when, being just a little successful, would have placated most paying customers. I'm sorry but, I see no success under the current first team management. If it comes, it's down to inheriting his fathers good fortune. Let's hope.

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

I can't quite believe it but a few mentioned it on another thread. We need to fill the place on Saturday, and be as noisy as we can surely?

Each to their own of course, but if I was a City fan, there would be no way on God's earth I would be missing your next couple of games.

9 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Ok, we have a lot of money. Why is that?

the location is crap by the way. Players want to live in London or the North West (i.e. Cheshire)

Because of our owner. I'm not saying he is a terrible owner or that he doesn't care or that he will watch us burn and fall.

I'm saying he isn't a top 5 owner in English football. He is controlling, he is naive, he is a one man army, he will not be advised and will do whatever he wants. He has clearly shown over the years he is not up to the task that he is trying to do.

If he employed people that he can get/afford (which he can) behind the scenes then I believe we could advance.

I'm not going to add much more but also his discontent and general attitude towards the fans has stunk, not too 5 for sure.

The location isn't crap either, voted happiest in U.K. (A load of shmuck I know), 'healthiest' + green capital of Europe, in the top bracket for size, great nightlife, couple of hours from London, relatively close to the coast. 'Million pound home' areas with silly money shops that'll accommodate their spending habits well. I could go on and on, Bristol is quite an attractive city to live in.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

I must add that I am not boycotting, I could never do that. 

Nor could I. 

In one way I'm married to the club and "in sickness and in health" sum up my feeling.

I could never boycott any game because I'm a truly loyal City fan.

Yea let's stay away because we didn't storm the league we've never been out of and because we decided to go against the grain and keep a young manager. Yes he could've been sacked. He wasn't though and it's still been turned around. Now I'm seeing I might consider a half season ticket if he's gone or we are doing well. Support Chelsea or Man United if you expect to win every week. No amount of money or no person as coach will guarantee us success. The only thing we've got is the badge and if we can't support that when it's gets a bit rough, what's the point? We are customers whether you agree or not. It may not have been that way before but it is now and won't go away. Times change and not always for the better. So you either get over it and support or you leave. Either way SL and Bristol City will still be here. 20k plus at the last two home games is proof of that. You'd think we had the season Rotherham have had with some of the responses on here. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea let's stay away because we didn't storm the league we've never been out of and because we decided to go against the grain and keep a young manager. Yes he could've been sacked. He wasn't though and it's still been turned around. Now I'm seeing I might consider a half season ticket if he's gone or we are doing well. Support Chelsea or Man United if you expect to win every week. No amount of money or no person as coach will guarantee us success. The only thing we've got is the badge and if we can't support that when it's gets a bit rough, what's the point? We are customers whether you agree or not. It may not have been that way before but it is now and won't go away. Times change and not always for the better. So you either get over it and support or you leave. Either way SL and Bristol City will still be here. 20k plus at the last two home games is proof of that. You'd think we had the season Rotherham have had with some of the responses on here. 

It's not the fact we aren't doing great or sticking by a young manager, it's the discontent from SL, etc etc that's made us feel disconnected etc etc I've mentioned it all above.

2 hours ago, Tiree said:

For sure those staying away have their right to but should also keep quiet on this Forum whcih is for opinion but surely in SUPPORT of BCFC rather than BRFC, Brighton or anyone else. THey should also please stay away from where the action (support) of our beloved club really takes place rather than this extremely unrepresentative Forum

Anyone not happy with the LJ 'turn round' since Feb but question if they ever really want to be happy following City; 3 great home wins (all more comfortable than 4-0, 3-1 and 2-1 suggest, some solid away games and oif course the 31 pass move.

LJ haters just watch and please contact me at any game when you have seen a better build up an dgoal; shame the other finishing wasnt the same standard as we would now all be de-mob happy and pinching ourslelves asking where all theat vitriol from January has gone.

The club are great, the owwner one of th etop 5 out of 92 and  the inexperienced LJ is learning fast. Does anyone really think Chris Hughton wasnt ever inexperienced once and he is now the hero of English football?

It was a 29 pass move, trivial though that is!

When was SL voted one of the top 5 owners out of the 92?

Apologies if I missed that poll...and why should you declare that people who aren't happy with the situation should be silent on this forum?! Incredible arrogance...

2 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Agree with it all, in fairness I now live in London so it's easier for me to choose against going, whether it's a waste of my ST or not.

That's what I'll be doing, if it looks 'all okay' by Christmas then I'll buy a half ST. It's just not worth my time or money right now. I love football and I obviously love City but it literally just is not worth it right now, for me anyway.

I agree, if you went to the cinema and you watched a film that was boring had a crap ending would you say to yourself do you know what I think I will go and watch that again next week no of course you wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

I agree, if you went to the cinema and you watched a film that was boring had a crap ending would you say to yourself do you know what I think I will go and watch that again next week no of course you wouldn't.

And yet people come on here and spout the same old crap every week. And read the same old rubbish.

The attention seekers should just boycott and be done with it. But no,  they feel they have to tell the world they're problems and sufferings. 

Anyone who's been a supporter of this club long enough,  knows we've had it far worse in the past. So I can only assume the attention seekers on here are either very young or immature adults! 

53 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

And yet people come on here and spout the same old crap every week. And read the same old rubbish.

The attention seekers should just boycott and be done with it. But no,  they feel they have to tell the world they're problems and sufferings. 

Anyone who's been a supporter of this club long enough,  knows we've had it far worse in the past. So I can only assume the attention seekers on here are either very young or immature adults! 

yes I suppose what we have at the moment is relative success compared to some of our past efforts, but it's still been a bit disappointing the way things have turned out, you definitely need to be in it for the long haul and learn to live with our inevitable highs? and frequent lows.

There have been periods where I've attended games less than other times for a number of reasons... If we are in mid table with little to play for, if our form is particularly bad or if finances dictate then I may pick and choose my games. I I've always made an effort to go down and support the team when they really need it though, be it the run in of a promotion chase or relegation battle. I cant understand for the life of me why people would boycott when we are in such a situation, but Its their choice and I'm not going to judge them or mock them for choosing how they decide to spend their money. Neither should anybody else.

Archived