IGNORED

are people really boycotting because of LJ?!!

hoxton casual

6 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

It's not the fact we aren't doing great or sticking by a young manager, it's the discontent from SL, etc etc that's made us feel disconnected etc etc I've mentioned it all above.

SL answers to no-one and will continue to do what he wants, what is the point in having a board? if his boy saves us from relegation.....not certain yet, how many really think we will do better next season without Abraham?

SL has surrounded himself with yes men who dance to his tune, his Bristol Sports dream is all and in my opinion he has taken some of our clubs id away and I think more will follow.

Yes nice stadium (if you like that sort of thing) but he has changed our club forever.....without asking its fans, and will certainly not be bothered what they think.

8 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

To my recollection we have had only one truly impressive manager through our club and that was Tony Pulis. At the time I hated the guy and what he was doing to "my club". Now I have to admit he had what it took to manage football clubs without oodles of cash. He was extremely pragmatic and did whatever was necessary to get results and hang the popularity. So in short what do I know about managing professional football clubs. All I can do is suppor the team I love through thick and thin- painful as that often is with our history

I hated Tiny Pen!s and his obnoxious side kick Parsons and didn't want either anywhere near the club.

But it didn't stop me buying a season and attending games!

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nor could I. 

In one way I'm married to the club and "in sickness and in health" sum up my feeling.

I could never boycott any game because I'm a truly loyal City fan.

You`re funny...... never say never ....... I don't believe the dick tator has finished his project just yet.

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea let's stay away because we didn't storm the league we've never been out of and because we decided to go against the grain and keep a young manager. Yes he could've been sacked. He wasn't though and it's still been turned around. Now I'm seeing I might consider a half season ticket if he's gone or we are doing well. Support Chelsea or Man United if you expect to win every week. No amount of money or no person as coach will guarantee us success. The only thing we've got is the badge and if we can't support that when it's gets a bit rough, what's the point? We are customers whether you agree or not. It may not have been that way before but it is now and won't go away. Times change and not always for the better. So you either get over it and support or you leave. Either way SL and Bristol City will still be here. 20k plus at the last two home games is proof of that. You'd think we had the season Rotherham have had with some of the responses on here. 

Who the hell thought that we would "storm the league"? I certainly didn't, but I also did not expect our collective bottom valves to be twitching after laying out all that brass.

8 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea let's stay away because we didn't storm the league

I don't think anyone was naive or daft enough to think we'd storm the league

we've never been out of and because we decided to go against the grain and keep a young manager. Yes he could've been sacked. He wasn't though and it's still been turned around. Now I'm seeing I might consider a half season ticket if he's gone or we are doing well. Support Chelsea or Man United if you expect to win every week.

Again I don't think anyone expects us to 'win every week' and telling people to go and support Chelsea etc is a tedious repetitively used and 'cheap' 'speech'

No amount of money or no person as coach will guarantee us success. The only thing we've got is the badge and if we can't support that when it's gets a bit rough, what's the point?

A lot of the fans who are expressing disillusionment are exactly the fans who have supported the Club both in terms of support and financially (82 etc) in the darkest of times , so coming from a relatively new / young supporter is a bit hollow

We are customers whether you agree or not. It may not have been that way before but it is now and won't go away. Times change and not always for the better.

So you either get over it and support or you leave.

That's not the only two choices and not for you to declare in all honesty - Fans have every right to stay away or withdraw if disillusioned or to make a point - they don't have to 'leave' but can return at any point they wish , should they wish to do so

Either way SL and Bristol City will still be here. 20k plus at the last two home games is proof of that. You'd think we had the season Rotherham have had with some of the responses on here. 

Poor post IMHO for you Joe

If you are still supporting the Club in another 30-40 years and suffer the false dawns and missed opportunities that many have  , you may understand a little better

It would help keep expectations sensible if Lansdown doesn't proclaim Premier League ambition and Johnson doesn't spout nonsense about Europe in 5 yrs 

9 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Who the hell thought that we would "storm the league"? I certainly didn't, but I also did not expect our collective bottom valves to be twitching after laying out all that brass.

Then what was realistic? We are approaching 50 points. Playoffs are mid 70s. 3 more wins and a draw and we are mid table easily. It's not as if we are miles off being a decent team. We had a bad run and the head coach could've been sacked but wasn't. That is really all that has happened. Everything else is people making a bigger deal of it than it actually was. 

8 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

It's not the fact we aren't doing great or sticking by a young manager, it's the discontent from SL, etc etc that's made us feel disconnected etc etc I've mentioned it all above.

I don't see the discontent though. He stuck with a manager that he thinks can get the job done long term. So he stuck with him through a tough time. He had some clumsy comments but basically said I think my millions upon millions of investment has earned me the right to stick with someone I believe in. Whether he's right or wrong about the guy is irrelevant. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

Then what was realistic? We are approaching 50 points. Playoffs are mid 70s. 3 more wins and a draw and we are mid table easily. It's not as if we are miles off being a decent team. We had a bad run and the head coach could've been sacked but wasn't. That is really all that has happened. Everything else is people making a bigger deal of it than it actually was. 

Hard cold fact Joe is that we are still in a relegation scrap with 3 games to go

What me might be / might become is pure conjecture atm

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Poor post IMHO for you Joe

If you are still supporting the Club in another 30-40 years and suffer the false dawns and missed opportunities that many have  , you may understand a little better

It would help keep expectations sensible if Lansdown doesn't proclaim Premier League ambition and Johnson doesn't spout nonsense about Europe in 5 yrs 

The comments from them don't help and I get that. I've replied to a couple already and I think it addressed some of what you've said especially in terms of how we did this season. Again it's not as if we've been Rotherham bad but that's what it looks like from some comments. 

As far as false dawns and misses opportunities I've experienced them if not in the same sport. It is the nature of sports. Only a few teams every season in any sport have success the whole time. We had an amazing start and then a complete 180 in form. It happens and sure I was all for LJ going but he didn't and that's the end of it for me. Just go back to supporting. Like I've said I think SL has earned the right to stick by the guy. 

Yea let's stay away because we didn't storm the league we've never been out of and because we decided to go against the grain and keep a young manager. Yes he could've been sacked. He wasn't though and it's still been turned around. Now I'm seeing I might consider a half season ticket if he's gone or we are doing well. Support Chelsea or Man United if you expect to win every week. No amount of money or no person as coach will guarantee us success. The only thing we've got is the badge and if we can't support that when it's gets a bit rough, what's the point? We are customers whether you agree or not. It may not have been that way before but it is now and won't go away. Times change and not always for the better. So you either get over it and support or you leave. Either way SL and Bristol City will still be here. 20k plus at the last two home games is proof of that. You'd think we had the season Rotherham have had with some of the responses on here. 

I was like you once-You will understand come the year 2050..

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

SL answers to no-one and will continue to do what he wants, what is the point in having a board? if his boy saves us from relegation.....not certain yet, how many really think we will do better next season without Abraham?

SL has surrounded himself with yes men who dance to his tune, his Bristol Sports dream is all and in my opinion he has taken some of our clubs id away and I think more will follow.

Yes nice stadium (if you like that sort of thing) but he has changed our club forever.....without asking its fans, and will certainly not be bothered what they think.

The point is old boy, that if the club needs a speedy £10m for some reason, the board cannot stump up that kind of cash - so they have to make a case to SL. Like any banker, he can look at the case and inverst or not. In case you haven't noticed, he always seems to say yes - and this has been remarked upon by virtually every manager that I can think of in recent times. We are very lucky to have him and his knowledge and influence.

14 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

I was like you once-You will understand come the year 2050..

Fair enough haha. See NFL Philadelphia Eagles(my hometown) and their success in their history. I know the pain of. It succeeding year after year. Though at least they can't be relegated. 

Yea let's stay away because we didn't storm the league we've never been out of and because we decided to go against the grain and keep a young manager.....

Are you saying we've never been out of the championship?! I'm pretty sure you must know we have, loads of times!

Then again I may have mis-read your post because people say 'league' when they mean 'division' quite a lot...

But reading your post it certainly seems like you think we've never been out of the championship?!

Of course Joe - you could have made a few helpful suggestions - maybe the club could do a quarter season ticket, so that the faithful could stop supporting more rapidly if the performances on the pitch "insulted" them? Or maybe a system of refunds if we lose?  Maybe some of the space in our splendid new stands could be given over to "recovery rooms" for fans traumatised by a rash LJ substitution? Maybe SL could buy all those loyal but non attending fans suits, so they could feel like board members?  We should be an inclusive club and be more sensitive to those long suffering fans who have had it with the uncertainties of league football - maybe it is all to exciting and dramatic for them? It just so happens that that is the very reason that I have been supporting for 50 years - but what the bloody hell do I understand - I am not that sensitive!

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Fair enough haha. See NFL Philadelphia Eagles(my hometown) and their success in their history. I know the pain of. It succeeding year after year. Though at least they can't be relegated. 

But we're talking proper football mate, not Busby Berkeley productions in tights (panty hose).:whistle::thumbsup:

I think what all the happy-clappers are basically saying is we should all just "pay, pray and obey!"

Thou shall not criticise oh great leader Lansdown of Guernsey. He has done no wrong and he can do no wrong in the eyes of some.

2,500 renewals down on last season's total tells you everything you need to know about our loyal supporters views on the owner and his decision to keep LJ at the club for next season.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I think what all the happy-clappers are basically saying is we should all just "pay, pray and obey!"

Thou shall not criticise oh great leader Lansdown of Guernsey. He has done no wrong and he can do no wrong in the eyes of some.

2,500 renewals down on last season's total tells you everything you need to know about our loyal supporters views on the owner and his decision to keep LJ at the club for next season.

For shame.....you need re-education, regarding the bountiful fruits bestowed upon us by the Great Helmsman.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Another unoriginal comment..........:facepalm:

Those tired jibes are so old they should be in a museum.......

How about the fan who changes his mind every two mins ?

Love Johnson > Johnson is clueless > Threats to physically assault Johnson > Johnson is promising > Johnson is ok

That sort of person can't even make their mind up let alone claim to be a 'truly loyal supporter'

Attention seeking WUM

11 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Why do you still use OTIB when nobody wants/likes you on here?

Do you think it's ok to use such hatred language toward somebody (I assume) you don't know?

I know it's off topic, but oh well.

Not everybody has an unwarranted hate towards other on a forum where not many people actually know a lot about eachother on a personal level. In fact, most don't.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

How about the fan who changes his mind every two mins ?

Love Johnson > Johnson is clueless > Threats to physically assault Johnson > Johnson is promising > Johnson is ok

That sort of person can't even make their mind up let alone claim to be a loyal supporter

When Robbo styled himself as the forum's agent provocateur, then he must expect pissy ripostes.

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Do you think it's ok to use such hatred language toward somebody (I assume) you don't know?

Not everybody has an unwarranted hate towards other on a forum where not many people actually know a lot about eachother on a personal level. In fact, most don't.

"Hatred" seems to be the new "racism". Bandied around, until it loses all currency.

12 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Not everybody has an unwarranted hate towards other on a forum

Water off a ducks back CH. All the jibes/insults are amateur.

In all the years I've been on here only once have I been hurt by a comment, in fact it was a series of comments by an individual who refused to reveal their true identity. 

They told me that they drank drank in the same place as me pre match but refused to approach me in the bar after I'd asked them to. 

Oh well......

I really dont get this anger/frustration at SL and LJ over and above supporting the club we all profess to love. SL has put his heart and soul, and a lot of his money into supporting his and our club. He has made many mistakes and keeping with LJ may be perceived as one of them. He loves this club and he wants the best for it and its supporters, but at the end of the day he has to make a lot of difficult decisions, as he is the one investing the money. I believe he genuinely wants us to be a financially sound club long term that survives his involvement, and would stand aside if someone else had the funds and the best interests of us and the club at heart. I back this up with my frequent personal experiences, when he has always taken the time to talk to me and members of my family in the old Williams stand.

I would not be surprised if Chinese investors have not approached him, as we all know the fundamentals of a modern sports business investment are attractive. We are club with a sound (not large or small) base of support, in a very large and wealthy catchment area (less than one hours travell), that investors would be very interested in. Lets face it, the Chelsea supporting Jordanian did not buy Rovers due to his long term love of the club and its history! Most investors would see it as a way of making a profit and then we really would feel like customers!. We are very lucky that SL (and his family) are local and have the funds not to run our club not as a profit making enterprise. I am sure he agonised about LJ more than most of us, due to the size of his investment and that is what he was trying to say in his clumsy interview.

I do believe the management of the club has been a bit unimaginative and that whoever is our CEO keeps a low profile. JL tried to raise his profile and was the front man for the pillars, but seems to be scared to talk publicly due to all the banter and abuse.

So yes there are many things I have not been happy about, but at the end I firmly believe he has the interests of my family's and his family's club at heart, and whilst discussion and debate is the heart of being a fan, I trust that he tries to make the correct decisions.

Lets get behind the team and make AG a fortress for the next two games! I hope as many of you feel the same way as me, and to those who are boycotting I know you love our club, but feel very frustrated, but I hope you find a way to join us again at AG soon. CTID

Archived