IGNORED

are people really boycotting because of LJ?!!

hoxton casual

34 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

He was only relaying Robinson's thoughts, as the coach had made the decision that the squad that won promotion was good enough for the Premiership.

So the chairman hasn't got a mind of his own?

Leave it out. He is a ******* and made those comments himself. The fact that he relayed the thoughts of a shit coach who should have been sacked 2 years earlier says it all.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Highlighting your post...........I could give you a much longer explanation if you want.......but it would be  boring for everyone else.

You really do hate being caught out don`t you?

Reply to someone, don`t include their post but include someone else`s.

As you do fairly often, I`ll conclude my post with a :facepalm:

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

You seem to have a different definition of what that term means than I do.

Yes they have been friends for years, not now. The Johnsons are family friends of the Lansdowns. Lee Johnson sought advice on interviews from a billionaire, that is not just mates. I do not think he hypnotised Mr Lansdown with his CV ...

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Yes. I dislike what has happened this season, and he , SL and MA have behaved in my view poorly . There is a lot going on at AG that for various reasons is not being put in the public eye, well probably for better. Never ever in a million years would I have wanted the club to be relegated to justify my view, because the club is for the fans, and this season, if there is one small comfort, it is that the fans of BCFC have been extraordinary. The best, top class, and the fans did not deserve a relegation. However, LJ is miles off the person needed to make this club a serious proposition, and I do not understand what has gone on in the head of SL after spending so much money everywhere else he  has signed  a coaching team for League 2. Avoiding relegation with a 20 million striker is no success, this season has been a disaster on so many levels, and LJ is at the centre of many issues at the club. My view, others disagree, that is football, it is not life changing. I will always want BCFC to do well, but I no longer have any faith in the club. There is a mass of turmoil behind the scenes that I personally would have expected SL to have sorted. Our reputation, as MA suggested last year, is now very well known in the football world. It is far from positive and LJ is the prime  reason and others meddling another . It is the first time in 40 years I have disliked the club, and after Pullis, Osman, and a few others that takes some doing. There must be a reason. 

However, that does not make my view right, maybe far from, maybe I cannot see what others do that LJ is going to become one of the great managers in English football. I hope for all the fans that are convinced that this is the future, that they are right, as in the end, it is the fans that count, not LJ, SL or MA. They are transitory, fans are for life. 

Have a great 2017/18 

Great post. We may escape relegation this season (although that is not in the bag), but another season with LJ in charge is as uninspiring as you can get and I'd fully expect another season of massive under achievement no matter how many more millions are spent on yet more new players.

I will be surprised if season ticket sales are not down by 25% on last season as many I know feel the same.

42 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Yes they have been friends for years, not now. The Johnsons are family friends of the Lansdowns. Lee Johnson sought advice on interviews from a billionaire, that is not just mates. I do not think he hypnotised Mr Lansdown with his CV ...

But, as I pointed out, not such staunch buddies that he didn't sack Gary Johnson. You can read too much into things you know. 

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

There is a lot going on at AG that for various reasons is not being put in the public eye,

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

It is the first time in 40 years I have disliked the club, and after Pullis, Osman, and a few others that takes some doing.

Do you know something going on or is it just rumour? please PM me if there really is something :)

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Yes. I dislike what has happened this season, and he , SL and MA have behaved in my view poorly . There is a lot going on at AG that for various reasons is not being put in the public eye, well probably for better. Never ever in a million years would I have wanted the club to be relegated to justify my view, because the club is for the fans, and this season, if there is one small comfort, it is that the fans of BCFC have been extraordinary. The best, top class, and the fans did not deserve a relegation. However, LJ is miles off the person needed to make this club a serious proposition, and I do not understand what has gone on in the head of SL after spending so much money everywhere else he  has signed  a coaching team for League 2. Avoiding relegation with a 20 million striker is no success, this season has been a disaster on so many levels, and LJ is at the centre of many issues at the club. My view, others disagree, that is football, it is not life changing. I will always want BCFC to do well, but I no longer have any faith in the club. There is a mass of turmoil behind the scenes that I personally would have expected SL to have sorted. Our reputation, as MA suggested last year, is now very well known in the football world. It is far from positive and LJ is the prime  reason and others meddling another . It is the first time in 40 years I have disliked the club, and after Pullis, Osman, and a few others that takes some doing. There must be a reason. 

However, that does not make my view right, maybe far from, maybe I cannot see what others do that LJ is going to become one of the great managers in English football. I hope for all the fans that are convinced that this is the future, that they are right, as in the end, it is the fans that count, not LJ, SL or MA. They are transitory, fans are for life. 

Have a great 2017/18 

i dont just like this i think hes spot on.Ive been told by 2 people (one should know whats going on)and the other was a fan in the dolman, that when things start to come out in public we are not going to be happy bunnys

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Have a great 2017/18 

Bang on.

I don't pretend to be in the know, however...I have been told by someone who is pretty well up to speed with the ongoings down at AG that all is not well on a number of fronts.  Hence MA and SL keep popping up in the media to tell us all its all going to plan and we shouldn't be worried.  Their way of trying to keep a lid on things, so to speak. 

I've stopped going for a few weeks now.  LJ is the main reason. I do not on any level feel he is the man to take us forward.  A couple of recent wins hasn't changed my opinion of him.  Those players SHOULD be winning games. He is a bluffer and he's playing games with something I love.   We are at best treading water under him and possibly going backwards.  More of the same next season I'll wager. 

But, the BS coming out from BS/MA, and SL has also contributed to me finding it easy to hang up my hat/scarf.  There's a lot of oily snakes down at AG at the moment.  I don't trust them.  I wont be giving them my money.  They can waste SL's money in pursuit of whatever it is they are trying to achieve. I wont be funding it.

I shall continue to watch from afar and see what happens. To be honest, after 29 years of religiously watching City I've not missed it and I don't see myself coming back in a hurry.

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Bang on.

I don't pretend to be in the know, however...I have been told by someone who is pretty well up to speed with the ongoings down at AG that all is not well on a number of fronts.  Hence MA and SL keep popping up in the media to tell us all its all going to plan and we shouldn't be worried.  Their way of trying to keep a lid on things, so to speak. 

I've stopped going for a few weeks now.  LJ is the main reason. I do not on any level feel he is the man to take us forward.  A couple of recent wins hasn't changed my opinion of him.  Those players SHOULD be winning games. He is a bluffer and he's playing games with something I love.   We are at best treading water under him and possibly going backwards.  More of the same next season I'll wager. 

But, the BS coming out from BS/MA, and SL has also contributed to me finding it easy to hang up my hat/scarf.  There's a lot of oily snakes down at AG at the moment.  I don't trust them.  I wont be giving them my money.  They can waste SL's money in pursuit of whatever it is they are trying to achieve. I wont be funding it.

I shall continue to watch from afar and see what happens. To be honest, after 29 years of religiously watching City I've not missed it and I don't see myself coming back in a hurry.

Were you around in the early 80's? 

5000 or so of us never abandoned the club even tho City nosedived down the leagues......

5 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

No. late 80s was the start of my time.

Fortunately you missed the the darkest period in City's history.

If you think this is a bad time, talk to anyone who remembers those days.

I used to do to AG expecting City to lose as there was so little hope. No atmosphere and little prospect of things improving. 

At least now I go along to AG expecting a decent atmosphere and decent game.........

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Were you around in the early 80's? 

5000 or so of us never abandoned the club even tho City nosedived down the leagues......

Relevant to nothing.

15000 did abandon the club.

Different party.

Different time.

Different fans.

And what was left ..

If Mr Lansdown had been about to run the show as he does now the Mob would have stormed Ashton Gate like the peasants and Frankensteins castle.

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nowhere near! This hostility towards LJ is as bad as I've seen.

McInnes is easily forgettable but SoD was dour in the extreme. The Jeremy Corbin of football. Great at interviews tho........:rofl2br:

Congratulations. At last the most shocking part of this thread. Calling him LJ rather than the patronising 'Junior' you usually use :whistle:

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fortunately you missed the the darkest period in City's history.

If you think this is a bad time, talk to anyone who remembers those days.

I used to do to AG expecting City to lose as there was so little hope. No atmosphere and little prospect of things improving. 

At least now I go along to AG expecting a decent atmosphere and decent game.........

I don't think this is a 'bad time'. I've seen worse than this during my time - a lot worse.  I'm just disillusioned with the whole set up.

I started this thread because I did not believe many would boycottt a club we all love, as I have only started reading OTIB/posting regularly in the last few weeks. I have been astounded at the negativity towards a self made man, who has devoted himself to our club and Bristol Sport. As someone said there are half pint full and empty people and and I am a full person I believe in what SL is trying to do for our club and I am very grateful.  Either I am a ridiculously naive happy clapper or there are some seriously negative people supporting Bristol City. As we have been such an underperforming club for the vast majority of the time I have supported them, I would have thought you have to be a believer to follow us. "We're Bristol City, We Always Believe" was one of my favourite chants. 

When we are in playing in Europe we will all laugh about this thread, even though I dont think LJ will be our manager.

6 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Yes. I dislike what has happened this season, and he , SL and MA have behaved in my view poorly .

There is a lot going on at AG that for various reasons is not being put in the public eye, well probably for better.

Never ever in a million years would I have wanted the club to be relegated to justify my view, because the club is for the fans, and this season, if there is one small comfort, it is that the fans of BCFC have been extraordinary. The best, top class, and the fans did not deserve a relegation. However, LJ is miles off the person needed to make this club a serious proposition, and I do not understand what has gone on in the head of SL after spending so much money everywhere else he  has signed  a coaching team for League 2. Avoiding relegation with a 20 million striker is no success, this season has been a disaster on so many levels, and LJ is at the centre of many issues at the club. . 

2 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

i dont just like this i think hes spot on.Ive been told by 2 people (one should know whats going on)and the other was a fan in the dolman, that when things start to come out in public we are not going to be happy bunnys

Unless it will compromise your sources - and it would appear unlikely in @Mtimmy11s case at least ,can you enlighten the rest of us boys ?

Please :yawn:

Archived