IGNORED

are people really boycotting because of LJ?!!

hoxton casual

I wish anyone who says 'things are not well behind the scenes' or, 'I've heard 2nd hand from someone who should know' etc etc, would just bloody well say what they mean. Unless of course it's all a load of balls. That couldn't be the case could it?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unless it will compromise your sources - and it would appear unlikely in @Mtimmy11s case at least ,can you enlighten the rest of us boys ?

Please :yawn:

I won't say who told me , who is employed by the club but he said you won't believe the goings on behind the scenes at the club. this was when I seen him at the opening off the maria dolman way a few months ago.The fan who told me was convinced that it was more than  little Lee's fault that he started getting angry and walked away this was against fulham

Just now, Redbo said:

Someone I went to school with (can't say who though) now works at Ashton Gate and what he told me you won't believe. It goes way higher then LJ. And it's part of the reason SC left last year. 

Is it a secret then....or would you have to kill us if you told us?

5 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Is it a secret then....or would you have to kill us if you told us?

Exactly. Don't want to put my source in the line of fire. If and when it comes out what's going on OUR club though fella, heads will roll. 

22 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

been going down the gate for 40 years,every year you have a little bit of hope that this could be your year.With the set up now i will renew because its what we do but i think next season we will be down(if not this year)Any team except hudderfield that has wanted to beat us has done.

Of course, our 13 victories this season have only been achieved because the opposition didn't want to win.

Classic OTIB logic.

37 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I have a feeling of deja vu again.  It never ceases to amaze me just how many times people like saying and reading the same old stuff. In addition to the 'like' button, there should be a STFU button.

can I get one for the wife and loads of other family members?

3 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

I started this thread because I did not believe many would boycottt a club we all love, as I have only started reading OTIB/posting regularly in the last few weeks. I have been astounded at the negativity towards a self made man, who has devoted himself to our club and Bristol Sport. As someone said there are half pint full and empty people and and I am a full person I believe in what SL is trying to do for our club and I am very grateful.  Either I am a ridiculously naive happy clapper or there are some seriously negative people supporting Bristol City. As we have been such an underperforming club for the vast majority of the time I have supported them, I would have thought you have to be a believer to follow us. "We're Bristol City, We Always Believe" was one of my favourite chants. 

When we are in playing in Europe we will all laugh about this thread, even though I dont think LJ will be our manager.

I am currently a cautiously "half pint full" type, Hoxton (positively overflowing), but lose tomorrow and, it's back to "half pint empty" for me, I'm afraid (unless Blackburn lose, in which case I'll be just "half pint," neither "full" or "empty.")

42 minutes ago, reddoh said:

can I get one for the wife and loads of other family members? 

If I had a spare one I'd use it on the **** who sits two rows behind me in Dolman E laughing constantly at his own jokes. No-one else laughs.

1 hour ago, Redbo said:

Someone I went to school with (can't say who though) now works at Ashton Gate and what he told me you won't believe. It goes way higher then LJ. And it's part of the reason SC left last year. 

This all sounds like sensationalised click bait bollocks though...  Up there with "After losing 70lbs Susan Boyle is actually GORGEOUS! Click here to see her transformation!"  

No-one offers anything other than popular soundbites.  Something tells me that when "it all comes out" people are going to be very "meh" about it, because really....what's the worst it's likely to be?

21 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

This all sounds like sensationalised click bait bollocks though...  Up there with "After losing 70lbs Susan Boyle is actually GORGEOUS! Click here to see her transformation!"  

No-one offers anything other than popular soundbites.  Something tells me that when "it all comes out" people are going to be very "meh" about it, because really....what's the worst it's likely to be?

Exactly. Just shows how easy it is to spout nonsense with no regard for truth. 

2 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I won't say who told me , who is employed by the club but he said you won't believe the goings on behind the scenes at the club. this was when I seen him at the opening off the maria dolman way a few months ago.The fan who told me was convinced that it was more than  little Lee's fault that he started getting angry and walked away this was against fulham

Thanks for the reply

None the wiser tho :blink:

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

I am currently a cautiously "half pint full" type, Hoxton (positively overflowing), but lose tomorrow and, it's back to "half pint empty" for me, I'm afraid (unless Blackburn lose, in which case I'll be just "half pint," neither "full" or "empty.")

perhaps you should try the new bar in North St where they only sell two thirds of a pint…

58 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

This all sounds like sensationalised click bait bollocks though...  Up there with "After losing 70lThere'san Boyle is actually GORGEOUS! Cli ck here to see her transformation!"  

If only it was as simple as that. Apparently Elvis and Princess Diana have been found living under the Atyeo. They want to adopt LJ. There's an almighty love triangle tug of love going on cos SC just wont let him go. The bad news is that Elvis has been on the burgers and they cannot get him out of the hidey hole. The Atyeo will have to be demolished. Oh well, every cloud......

5 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Bang on.

I don't pretend to be in the know, however...I have been told by someone who is pretty well up to speed with the ongoings down at AG that all is not well on a number of fronts.  Hence MA and SL keep popping up in the media to tell us all its all going to plan and we shouldn't be worried.  Their way of trying to keep a lid on things, so to speak. 

I've stopped going for a few weeks now.  LJ is the main reason. I do not on any level feel he is the man to take us forward.  A couple of recent wins hasn't changed my opinion of him.  Those players SHOULD be winning games. He is a bluffer and he's playing games with something I love.   We are at best treading water under him and possibly going backwards.  More of the same next season I'll wager. 

But, the BS coming out from BS/MA, and SL has also contributed to me finding it easy to hang up my hat/scarf.  There's a lot of oily snakes down at AG at the moment.  I don't trust them.  I wont be giving them my money.  They can waste SL's money in pursuit of whatever it is they are trying to achieve. I wont be funding it.

I shall continue to watch from afar and see what happens. To be honest, after 29 years of religiously watching City I've not missed it and I don't see myself coming back in a hurry.

But the fact is that neither you nor anyone else on this forum is able to say exactly what has happened behind the scenes, and until they do I'm going to take it all with a huge pinch of salt.  People hear things from other people, but no one ever says what is going on.  It's classic conspiracy theory stuff.  If there was a situation as dire as everyone is suggesting, it would be out there by now.  Someone would have leaked it.  No way would it be kept a secret.

I've watched a group of players playing their hearts out for the club in the last few games.  The body language has been entirely positive and I've seen nothing that suggests a breakdown in trust between players and the manager.

Of course, I may be wrong.  If I am, then tell me exactly what has gone wrong behind the scenes.  No hints, no innuendo, just facts.  Until someone does, I'm gong to continue to look back on the season as hugely disappointing, but hopefully with a happy ending, and continue to look forward to next season, as I have every year since I was a child.

2 hours ago, Redbo said:

So why can't you tell us what it is?  No reason at all as far as I can see.  You know something we don't.  So tell us.

Next!

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Steve Lansdown is an intergalactic shape-shifting giant lizard!

Image result for tinfoil hat

I was / still am one of those that boycotted because I thought / still think Lee Johnson is bloody useless and haven't renewed after well over 40 seasons. I'm not ashamed to admit I have gone with my heart this time. The last game I attended was Fulham which was dreadful TBF. Some will criticise, no issue with that but I reckon I need a season off to 'get my love back' and that's what I've decided to do. Obviously, I miss it but I'm happier not attending and I feel I've backed myself up! If you want to 'superfan' me, knock yourselves out, I really don't give a monkeys!

Those that follow whatever, all strength to you, you're better than me but I don't do 'blind' lemming support.

I haven't enjoyed this season at all and the rhetoric coming from the club, maybe coincidental, only makes me feel more disenfranchised. I appreciate the club has changed and the experience has changed with it but I'm getting old (50) and need to step away for a while. Sorry if people think that doesn't make me a fan anymore but I reckon it's right for me so that's what I'm going to do.

Next season, for me, will consist of listening to the radio and jumping around the lounge when City score and, taking advantage of them playing at Wembley, watching the occasional Spurs game. i've liked them ever since that 9-0 match and it's something I've always wanted to do. On spare weekends, I have Cadbury Heath over the road and Longwell Green plus Bitton to watch.

I will always love the City, always have, but the feeling of detachment is too much for me so, yes, to the OP, some of us ARE staying away because of LJ! I'll be back, of course I will, because City are in my blood and in my family but I'm proper pissed off and need a break!!

Apologies if this offends anyone.

UTC.

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was / still am one of those that boycotted because I thought / still think Lee Johnson is bloody useless and haven't renewed after well over 40 seasons. I'm not ashamed to admit I have gone with my heart this time. The last game I attended was Fulham which was dreadful TBF. Some will criticise, no issue with that but I reckon I need a season off to 'get my love back' and that's what I've decided to do. Obviously, I miss it but I'm happier not attending and I feel I've backed myself up! If you want to 'superfan' me, knock yourselves out, I really don't give a monkeys!

Those that follow whatever, all strength to you, you're better than me but I don't do 'blind' lemming support.

I haven't enjoyed this season at all and the rhetoric coming from the club, maybe coincidental, only makes me feel more disenfranchised. I appreciate the club has changed and the experience has changed with it but I'm getting old (50) and need to step away for a while. Sorry if people think that doesn't make me a fan anymore but I reckon it's right for me so that's what I'm going to do.

Next season, for me, will consist of listening to the radio and jumping around the lounge when City score and, taking advantage of them playing at Wembley, watching the occasional Spurs game. i've liked them ever since that 9-0 match and it's something I've always wanted to do. On spare weekends, I have Cadbury Heath over the road and Longwell Green plus Bitton to watch.

I will always love the City, always have, but the feeling of detachment is too much for me so, yes, to the OP, some of us ARE staying away because of LJ! I'll be back, of course I will, because City are in my blood and in my family but I'm proper pissed off and need a break!!

Apologies if this offends anyone.

UTC.

So you stuck by city through the O'Driscol saga. Which you oddly must have found most satisfying, compared to this season. And now you've had enough. I find this a bit odd personally, but hey everyone to their own. Hope you get the love back soon! 

Just now, john from high littleton said:

So you stuck by city through the O'Driscol saga. Which you oddly must have found most satisfying, compared to this season. And now you've had enough. I find this a bit odd personally, but hey everyone to their own. Hope you get the love back soon! 

Hey John, it's my choice fella. I don't ask anyone to understand but I've been vocal in criticising LJ so felt an explanation was warranted.

No offence meant to anyone.

23 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Yes. I dislike what has happened this season, and he , SL and MA have behaved in my view poorly . There is a lot going on at AG that for various reasons is not being put in the public eye, well probably for better. Never ever in a million years would I have wanted the club to be relegated to justify my view, because the club is for the fans, and this season, if there is one small comfort, it is that the fans of BCFC have been extraordinary. The best, top class, and the fans did not deserve a relegation. However, LJ is miles off the person needed to make this club a serious proposition, and I do not understand what has gone on in the head of SL after spending so much money everywhere else he  has signed  a coaching team for League 2. Avoiding relegation with a 20 million striker is no success, this season has been a disaster on so many levels, and LJ is at the centre of many issues at the club. My view, others disagree, that is football, it is not life changing. I will always want BCFC to do well, but I no longer have any faith in the club. There is a mass of turmoil behind the scenes that I personally would have expected SL to have sorted. Our reputation, as MA suggested last year, is now very well known in the football world. It is far from positive and LJ is the prime  reason and others meddling another . It is the first time in 40 years I have disliked the club, and after Pullis, Osman, and a few others that takes some doing. There must be a reason. 

However, that does not make my view right, maybe far from, maybe I cannot see what others do that LJ is going to become one of the great managers in English football. I hope for all the fans that are convinced that this is the future, that they are right, as in the end, it is the fans that count, not LJ, SL or MA. They are transitory, fans are for life. 

Have a great 2017/18 

Exactly this ^^^^

SL has undoubtedly chucked a lot of money at this club, a lot of which his man has not spent wisely, he has also spent on a stadium that we now share with others and yes is a revenue stream for us? and others.

It cannot be denied how-ever that SL`s attention has been diverted from us to his Bristol Sport Dream, this season for us has not been great and without a certain player ...would be over already. Yes recent form has improved maybe its the recent SL`s laying down the law that visit has something to do with that

Even at this late stage the season could yet still be a disaster but the odds are against that now; the future? we have to replace our top scorer whatever happens then what? hope for 3 more worse teams next season or for "half full" believers kick on up to the top half of the table guided by a manager, who for most of this season had no clue as to what his best/which team is.

The club still has fantastic support but too many others who really are here for the money first, from an owner who is still happy to give them what they want, for their loyalty.

2017/18 same again if not worse imo cant see much changing anytime soon

Archived