IGNORED

are people really boycotting because of LJ?!!

hoxton casual

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was / still am one of those that boycotted because I thought / still think Lee Johnson is bloody useless and haven't renewed after well over 40 seasons. I'm not ashamed to admit I have gone with my heart this time. The last game I attended was Fulham which was dreadful TBF. Some will criticise, no issue with that but I reckon I need a season off to 'get my love back' and that's what I've decided to do. Obviously, I miss it but I'm happier not attending and I feel I've backed myself up! If you want to 'superfan' me, knock yourselves out, I really don't give a monkeys!

Those that follow whatever, all strength to you, you're better than me but I don't do 'blind' lemming support.

I haven't enjoyed this season at all and the rhetoric coming from the club, maybe coincidental, only makes me feel more disenfranchised. I appreciate the club has changed and the experience has changed with it but I'm getting old (50) and need to step away for a while. Sorry if people think that doesn't make me a fan anymore but I reckon it's right for me so that's what I'm going to do.

Next season, for me, will consist of listening to the radio and jumping around the lounge when City score and, taking advantage of them playing at Wembley, watching the occasional Spurs game. i've liked them ever since that 9-0 match and it's something I've always wanted to do. On spare weekends, I have Cadbury Heath over the road and Longwell Green plus Bitton to watch.

I will always love the City, always have, but the feeling of detachment is too much for me so, yes, to the OP, some of us ARE staying away because of LJ! I'll be back, of course I will, because City are in my blood and in my family but I'm proper pissed off and need a break!!

Apologies if this offends anyone.

UTC.

I respect your decision not to attend, in fact I admire your conviction, but I'm struggling to understand it.

Johnson's overall record at City includes as many wins as defeats - all at Championship level. This appears to be an inconvenient fact for those who describe him as "useless". I'm not suggesting for one minute he hasn't underachieved this season - he has - but ultimately he has a midtable record at a midtable side.

Compare this to SOD who had a vastly inferior record, at a lower level - and now is the time you choose to boycott? It just doesn't make any sense to me. To boycott now would appear to be an enormously disproportionate reaction to a disappointing season.

On 20/04/2017 at 16:33, Robbored said:

People not renewing because of family or work commitments or even financial ones will get no grief from me. Fortunately I was never in that difficult position.

However, those not renewing because they don't rate the manager, the owner or the fact City have had a tough season get no sympathy from me. They are the fairweather "fans" and in my view not true City fans. 

Yet you've said on several occasions that you wouldn't attend matches if GJ was ever manager again...

43 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Exactly this ^^^^

SL has undoubtedly chucked a lot of money at this club, a lot of which his man has not spent wisely, he has also spent on a stadium that we now share with others and yes is a revenue stream for us? and others.

It cannot be denied how-ever that SL`s attention has been diverted from us to his Bristol Sport Dream, this season for us has not been great and without a certain player ...would be over already. Yes recent form has improved maybe its the recent SL`s laying down the law that visit has something to do with that

Even at this late stage the season could yet still be a disaster but the odds are against that now; the future? we have to replace our top scorer whatever happens then what? hope for 3 more worse teams next season or for "half full" believers kick on up to the top half of the table guided by a manager, who for most of this season had no clue as to what his best/which team is.

The club still has fantastic support but too many others who really are here for the money first, from an owner who is still happy to give them what they want, for their loyalty.

2017/18 same again if not worse imo cant see much changing anytime soon

"It cannot be denied how-ever that SL`s attention has been diverted from us to his Bristol Sport Dream".

He has invested more money in the playing squad than ever before. And I cannot think of a single decision made regarding the team and the manager that would necessarily have been any different had Bristol Sport never existed. So, yes, it can be denied.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yet you've said on several occasions that you wouldn't attend matches if GJ was ever manager again...

I did say that largely because there's 99.9% chance of that not happening......

However......if my some colossal error of judgement by SL it did happen then I'd have to reconsider my relationship with the club. It's like a marriage, they don't always last for ever.

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

There is no benefit to anyone , club or fans that certain things get discussed . There is nothing illegal going on just brutal incompetence ! Indeed no one needs to look beyond the evidence available on the pitch or the interview videos during the season to understand that this season there has been some substantial issues and a dramatic underperformance . 

What does shock most is that SL has allowed it to continue. 

So how many players do you think we are signing this summer then ? From those wanting out , those no longer trusted ( that's the whole squad at various phases of the season ) those out of contract and the list of new victims lined up ? 

Sorry, but this sounds like smoke and mirrors.  You say there is brutal incompetence at the club - well frankly, so what?  Incompetence happens, people learn from it, clubs move on.  Can't see why it would be such a big deal to make it public.

The only things, from my experience, that a business would want to keep secret would be things like bullying, discrimination or illegal activity.  Someone else claimimg to be ITK said it was happening 'way above Lee Johnson', but where is that?  That only leaves Lansdown, Ashton and the Board.  Can't see it myself.

There may have been falling out between management and players, but I would have thought that was commonplace.  In any industry a new manager is likely to create turbulence, it's almost to be expected.  What is being hinted at by posters here really doesn't sound that exceptional, and the performance of the team in the last few matches suggests that there is no major rift between the manager and the current line-up.

As the old saying goes, put up or shut up.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I did say that largely because there's 99.9% chance of that not happening......

However......if my some colossal error of judgement by SL it did happen then I'd have to reconsider my relationship with the club. It's like a marriage, they don't always last for ever.

So basically you would boycott the club because you didn't like the head coach - the very thing for which you are condemning people on here?!

I haven't got the time to read all the comments on this thread. 

1 Because there are so many. 

2 Because it has been said many times previously on other threads. 

My opinion is that I've been supporting this club for over 50 years, so I've seen the really good times and the bad times. Any supporters that wish not to support the club because of a few club decisions from time to time are not true fans, so just stay away. You are a minority and won't be missed  

There are City supporters out there that would love to come to support our team more often, but for money or work reasons, they can't. 

Just now, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I haven't got the time to read all the comments on this thread. 

1 Because there are so many. 

2 Because it has been said many times previously on other threads. 

My opinion is that I've been supporting this club for over 50 years, so I've seen the really good times and the bad times. Any supporters that wish not to support the club because of a few club decisions from time to time are not true fans, so just stay away. You are a minority and won't be missed  

There are City supporters out there that would love to come to support our team more often, but for money or work reasons, they can't. 

Great post.

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So basically you would boycott the club because you didn't like the head coach - the very thing for which you are condemning people on here?!

I'd be boycotting the style of football. I can watch paint dry at home.......:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

True. But I was minus 16 at the time.

You wanna be a Bears fan, probably the greatest ever team back in 85 when they won Superbowl XX and been in terminal decline ever since... the last 2 or 3 seasons have been an embarrassment... although to be fair the new management are rebuilding after the mess left by Phil Emery (previous GM)

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'd be boycotting the style of football. I can watch paint dry at home.......:facepalm:

So perhaps some people on here are boycotting LJ's tactical awareness (or lack thereof) and his often bizarre team selections and style of football rather than staying away because of him being the head coach....i.e. for exactly the same reasons you would boycott if GJ was manager....yet you state than anyone boycotting now isn't a true fan?! I give up! 

Come on City!

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"It cannot be denied how-ever that SL`s attention has been diverted from us to his Bristol Sport Dream".

He has invested more money in the playing squad than ever before. And I cannot think of a single decision made regarding the team and the manager that would necessarily have been any different had Bristol Sport never existed. So, yes, it can be denied.

of course its not he is 100% behind us with not one other thing on his mind/in his dreams.

Archived