IGNORED

The Upturn in Form

miketh2nd

I personally think that the reasons our form has picked up is quite obvious.... what do you think ?

• a consistent team
  • players playing for themselves to keep the team up and them not wanting playing in league one
  • consistent form of core team players the stand outs to me are Defensively-Little Midfield-Pack/Paterson and attack-Taylor
  • LJ having the right players in the right positions.....

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned in other threads but I don't spend as much time on here , please feel free to merge if appropriate. 

Perceived wisdom is when in a relegation battle you have to work hard, he's picked a side that are more mobile and have energy. 
That he's also stuck with that helps, and the confidence from an improved run does too.
The goal from B'burn shows what a little confidence can do, having no passengers and no one hiding makes it easier for all. And lets not forget luck, we have had a little more rub of the green too.Then all of a sudden Korey is , well , Korey. Patterson turns into a player, Little looks like a Championship FB etc, etc. 
Happy clappers will say LJ's genius shining brightly , LJ outers can say players doing it for themselves.  I would say if you make enough changes you will eventually stumble on a workable recipe :whistle: 

Example 1)

Team with good players is near bottom of the league.. near end of season they play well and get a move away.

Example 2)

Team with good players is near bottom of the league.. near end of season they play well and get a move away.

Example 3)

Example 4)

Form has improved mainly because LJ has at last discovered his best 11 and played them consistently in the last three games. 

The team goal at Blackburn highlighted that. 

Assuming there are no training injuries between now and Saturday I'd expect the same team again.

I agree with what is said on this thread... but forgot to mention I think having Taylor upfront has made us more dynamic.... He is that forward we have craved we will no longer need a battering ram....His off the ball movement and link up play is a joy to behold!

when Djuric is fit and these two are linking up together think we will have one of the best attacking line ups when they are both on there good day. I think Little also whilst hasn't uppped from previous games. Maybe he was rushed bac kfrom last seasons injurys too much? His over game last few games he has shown he can do it at this level  but still need competition/or better.

Various reasons for me :

Mark Little getting fit and back in the team

Korey Smith back to his best.

Playing someone up top alongside Tammy,

Bringing young hungry runners like Patterson and Brownhill back into the team

Dropping players who don't look interested (Reid)

Or maybe it was me finding my lucky underpants in the back of a drawer

23 minutes ago, westonred said:

Various reasons for me :

I think this is pretty much right (though I can't comment on the underpants).  We've got a team which appears to be delivering at this particular stage of the season, when some other teams are looking a bit leggy and disinterested.  Our energy and constant pressing (and I think Taylor has been a particular success here) has worked well, and with Mark Little playing out of his socks and Marlon Pack and Korey Smith rediscovering their partnership from the promotion season, some of our football has been a joy to watch.  What we need now is for Taylor's goal drought to dry up, and a hat-trick on Saturday would do very nicely thank you.

Only one reason for the upturn in form...

The one, the only. Mark "Cafu" Little 

The best right back City has ever had. 

His return to what only can be described as "championship form" has made the team realise that they too can actually play football. 

He's an inspiration. 

Long Live Little!  

UREDS. 

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Various reasons for me :

Mate, the last reason is by far the most likely. Cannot disclose my reason for believing this however.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Various reasons for me :

why are they called lucky, if you put them on and then fart in them , should they not be unlucky pants?

Quickly moving on from @westonred's underpants :shutup:

Another thing with more mobility, energy in the side . We can close from the front and as a team. 
The worst case I have ever seen of doing your own thing was Vs Fulham. One man would close and the rest of the team left him to it !

We seem to be working as a team now, because or inspire of LJ ? Who really knows.
Answers on a postcard results will be found out next year 

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Quickly moving on from @westonred's underpants :shutup:

Another thing with more mobility, energy in the side . We can close from the front and as a team. 
The worst case I have ever seen of doing your own thing was Vs Fulham. One man would close and the rest of the team left him to it !

We seem to be working as a team now, because or inspire of LJ ? Who really knows.
Answers on a postcard results will be found out next year 

Leaving Tomlin out a major factor in this - Tammy would press , pointlessly, as the next in line wasn't and immediately any high press breaks down

My thoughts...........

4-4-2. A system the players, that we have, understand.

Playing players in their best position*. A position each player will know and what is expected of them.

Keeping a settled side. Getting rid of the Tombola

Playing a mix of players from the double winning team and some of LJs 2016/17 signings.

* I don't believe Joe Bryan is a Left Back, but that's the only exception.

4 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

My thoughts...........

Playing players in their best position*. A position each player will know and what is expected of them.

Playing a mix of players from the double winning team and some of LJs 2016/17 signings.

And the players , for whatever reason , suddenly deciding to 'turn up'

As for 4-4-2 , an experienced FL Manager / Coach told me , that when in trouble , reverting to 4-4-2 was always a safe route , as virtually every British Player knows and understands 4-4-2 and the requirements in each position (Probably the simplest system for any side at any level to play)

That was a few years ago but, even with the modern formations and tactics , the simplicity in 4-4-2 and a simple resort to , remains the same (In the British game)

Doesnt require intense coaching , or understanding , invaluable at a time when the clock is ticking against you

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Perceived wisdom is when in a relegation battle you have to work hard, he's picked a side that are more mobile and have energy. 
That he's also stuck with that helps, and the confidence from an improved run does too.
The goal from B'burn shows what a little confidence can do, having no passengers and no one hiding makes it easier for all. And lets not forget luck, we have had a little more rub of the green too.Then all of a sudden Korey is , well , Korey. Patterson turns into a player, Little looks like a Championship FB etc, etc. 
Happy clappers will say LJ's genius shining brightly , LJ outers can say players doing it for themselves.  I would say if you make enough changes you will eventually stumble on a workable recipe :whistle: 

You are a ******* genius.

Do you fancy Director of Football at BCFC next season?

tfj

I'm not an LJ lover by any means he has a LOT to prove but if he gets the stick on a bad run he should also take the credit on a good run, whether the players turn up or not or know what they are doing or not is down IMO to the manager, so if he has got it right then good for him.  It's not fair to single out the manager when it's bad, and then exclude him when it's good, makes no sense

19 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

My thoughts...........

completely agree with this... not sure even Bryan knows his best position... most likely left wing or CAM.... but I think may see him more on the bench more next season

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think this is pretty much right (though I can't comment on the underpants).  We've got a team which appears to be delivering at this particular stage of the season, when some other teams are looking a bit leggy and disinterested.  Our energy and constant pressing (and I think Taylor has been a particular success here) has worked well, and with Mark Little playing out of his socks and Marlon Pack and Korey Smith rediscovering their partnership from the promotion season, some of our football has been a joy to watch.  What we need now is for Taylor's goal drought to dry up, and a hat-trick on Saturday would do very nicely thank you.

Don't underestimate the power of the lucky underpants! We all seem to own them and if we could all just remember to wear them on match days, we would never lose! Johnsons weakness as a coach is that he has not spotted this clear and obvious way to gain a winning advantage over opponents! Wear them and win! COYR!

Archived