The Upturn in Form

miketh2nd

frank fielding's improvement - calmer and better distribution

mark little's pace and power

joe bryan same as above

bailey wrights physicallity needs to work on distribution

flint has stopped hoofing and playin the ball out

Korey smith and his energy and zip in midfield

brownhill energy and link up play ( needs shooting practice)

patterson a revelation - great skills levels and greater mobility than tomlin

taylors movement, energy and link up play ( he must score soon)

quality that was always there Pack and Tammy

1 hour ago, sodburyred said:

Didn't Barnsley fans say he only found form when he accidentally stumbled on a team that clicked. Surely history has repeated itself here. 

Not sure how you stumble across a team that clicked. Credit where credit is due . LJ is not completely stupid

3 hours ago, Bullbag said:

We are far from safe yet.

We've been lucky so far to have had 3 or 4 teams somehow worse than us.

Lets not pop the positive bubble that should hopefully save us, but this thought has been dwelling on my mind as well.

The counter point could be though that we played these earlier in the year and already had the points in the bag, and would be dropping points now.

14 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Example 1)

Team with good players is near bottom of the league.. near end of season they play well and get a move away.

Example 2)

Team with good players is near bottom of the league.. near end of season they play well and get a move away.

Example 3)

Example 4)

What about the teams near the bottom of the league with good players that still haven't been able to play well? I don't think a whole team can just turn it on and off as easy as you think.

I said it all along, its about confidence. I said once we got a result, especially a big one, it would boost our season. I believe Huddersfield was that result, despite the hammering at Preson shortly after which appears to just be a blip in our recent form.

4 hours ago, Bullbag said:

We are far from safe yet.

We've been lucky so far to have had 3 or 4 teams somehow worse than us.

Isn't that how a league works rather than luck?

To win the league, you have 23 teams somehow worse than you. We currently have six teams somehow worse than us, though this can of course change over the last three games. The most likely outcome is we will end up more or less where we are now.

Just now, MarcusX said:

What about the teams near the bottom of the league with good players that still haven't been able to play well? I don't think a whole team can just turn it on and off as easy as you think.

I said it all along, its about confidence. I said once we got a result, especially a big one, it would boost our season. I believe Huddersfield was that result, despite the hammering at Preston shortly after which appears to just be a blip in our recent form.

So I suppose the question is whether we can expect that form to continue on Saturday, or whether we are due another blip in form.  The trouble with form teams is that they are the most likely to go on a bad run, as all good things must come to an end (same rationale as the curse of the Manager of the Month award).  My hope is that Johnson has found the players who will not allow their form to drop over the next three games.  I think the younger players (Brownhill, Tammy, Paterson, Bryan) will remain motivated to perform at the highest level, particularly while confidence is high, while in Flint and Wright we have two 'warriors' who will always give 100%.  Frankie is presumably playing for his future, while Taylor is trying to establish himself and will be desperate to score.  That leaves the survivors from League One, Pack, Smith and Little, who I think will have sufficient pride in the club not to give any ground.  For me, that suggests a line-up that will give 100% to the end, and must give confidence that we have what it takes to stay up.

5 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

I agree with what is said on this thread... but forgot to mention I think having Taylor upfront has made us more dynamic.... He is that forward we have craved we will no longer need a battering ram....His off the ball movement and link up play is a joy to behold!

when Djuric is fit and these two are linking up together think we will have one of the best attacking line ups when they are both on there good day. I think Little also whilst hasn't uppped from previous games. Maybe he was rushed bac kfrom last seasons injurys too much? His over game last few games he has shown he can do it at this level  but still need competition/or better.

The other part of his job is to put the ball in the net, I think this is where he will be found out unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I said it all along, its about confidence. I said once we got a result, especially a big one, it would boost our season. I believe Huddersfield was that result, despite the hammering at Preson shortly after which appears to just be a blip in our recent form.

Agree with this to an extent, my post was exaggerated but I still think the thought of a relegation on their CV is at the front of their minds.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

What does it pay? Do I have to work with LJ :nono:

I'm sorry but that information is 'commercially sensitive'.

The club has not got to where it is today by washing its dirty linen in public and singing like a ******* canary.

Do you want the ******* job or not, buster?

tfj

8 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I'm sorry but that information is 'commercially sensitive'.

The club has not got to where it is today by washing its dirty linen in public and singing like a ******* canary.

Do you want the ******* job or not, buster?

tfj

I'll take it, on one proviso . I don't work weekends, I like to go and watch football. 

The owner coming out and making it clear he has was determined to stand by his man may have had an influence too.

The players know they can either fit in or **** off. Any attempt at player power shenanigans effectively nipped in the bud (not that I saw any sign of that myself).

7 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

The other part of his job is to put the ball in the net, I think this is where he will be found out unfortunately.

this will come with time... how can you judge a player who has not played at this level worked his way up and not even had a pre season with us. He made two assists other game.. he movement creates space for others. I'm tempted to put a cheeky tenner on Taylor to be top goal scorer next season... im not going to judge taylor on not even 6 months with city. If he can add goals to his game similar to Baldock even maybe he wont be as good in this league. But his off the ball movement and harrying is similar to Baldock! Just need a pacey young striker maybe we already have that striker in the academy.

Archived