IGNORED

Lansdown Upper Tier Open for Birmingham - CONFIRMED

Xiled

I've just done a quick count up of the available seats for Birmingham and there are only 473 left (online).  Apart from block E34 in the Dolman, a good number of those available are single seats or in the front rows.

With Birmingham already selling out their allocation, this means we must be over the 20,000 mark already.  I wonder how many people are not buying tickets because their choice is already restricted?  I appreciate there are logistical and commercial issues but I would like to see the upper tier of the Landsdown open for this match.

Surely the club should be pushing this game as the end of season finale?

@AdamB @Mkelly it strikes me that the club should be taking an earlier and more proactive decision to opening the top tier.  If there are only a small number of tickets remaining online, limited to front row and singles, then surely the club is risking losing ticket sales to those who want a better seat?  Not all supporters - particularly those with only a new or passing interest - will necessarily be aware of the top tier option and might not consider checking again.  Plus, opening the top tier and publicising the fact might in itself encourage further sales.

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

@AdamB @Mkelly it strikes me that the club should be taking an earlier and more proactive decision to opening the top tier.  If there are only a small number of tickets remaining online, limited to front row and singles, then surely the club is risking losing ticket sales to those who want a better seat?  Not all supporters - particularly those with only a new or passing interest - will necessarily be aware of the top tier option and might not consider checking again.  Plus, opening the top tier and publicising the fact might in itself encourage further sales.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Surely there's a sales pitch in there somewhere, although judging by the questionnaire on why haven't you renewed your season ticket it yet probably not.

What happened to whoever designed the posters in our promotion season?  They were great.  'More goals than Rooney' , 'More points than Chelsea' etc etc..

2 hours ago, Xiled said:

I've just done a quick count up of the available seats for Birmingham and there are only 473 left (online).  Apart from block E34 in the Dolman, a good number of those available are single seats or in the front rows.

With Birmingham already selling out their allocation, this means we must be over the 20,000 mark already.  I wonder how many people are not buying tickets because their choice is already restricted?  I appreciate there are logistical and commercial issues but I would like to see the upper tier of the Landsdown open for this match.

Surely the club should be pushing this game as the end of season finale?

You have made the mistake of thinking BCFC is a commercial enterprise, and not a rich persons plaything.

If you open the top tier we will only 'shit it up', and it will have to be deep cleaned.

:punish:

tfj

1 minute ago, Tiree said:

Oh shut up! TFJ is at it again. Any way of ridding the forum of this (Gas?) negativity towards the Club most of us come on here to read opinions about?

Re B'ham, another good reason for all City fans buying for their friends (that excludes moaners like TFJ) is the real chance of a lot of people with Brummier accents appearing all round the ground. Anyone who knows their history will appreciate they will be all over the stadium, probably not in their preferred fancy dress but will to shout their team 'to the end of the road'. The added bonus of having two great managers/coaches at their helm will add to their optimisim for next season, however they get on at Villa and v Hudderwsfield.

I want a capacity crowd (and have predicted this for over a month) but never want pockets of Blues all around the ground!

What the **** are you talking about?

I'd be happy to have a look at the top tier this season - but they don't open it!

SL is the negative one - open it I say.

tfj

P.S. Screw you.

• Admin
58 minutes ago, Tiree said:

Oh shut up! TFJ is at it again. Any way of ridding the forum of this (Gas?) negativity towards the Club most of us come on here to read opinions about?

Re B'ham, another good reason for all City fans buying for their friends (that excludes moaners like TFJ) is the real chance of a lot of people with Brummier accents appearing all round the ground. Anyone who knows their history will appreciate they will be all over the stadium, probably not in their preferred fancy dress but will to shout their team 'to the end of the road'. The added bonus of having two great managers/coaches at their helm will add to their optimisim for next season, however they get on at Villa and v Hudderwsfield.

I want a capacity crowd (and have predicted this for over a month) but never want pockets of Blues all around the ground!

NOT TRUE @Tiree!

I know of someone who was contacted by the club as their partner had purchased tickets at St Andrews a few years back and had their tickets cancelled for this game

Unless these people have nevern purchased a ticket at AG8 they won't be getting in

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

What happened to whoever designed the posters in our promotion season?  They were great.  'More goals than Rooney' , 'More points than Chelsea' etc etc..

'More points than Rotherham' and 'Going back to Chelsea' probably aren't the best slogans to be using right now..

2 hours ago, Tiree said:

That doesn't even make sense?  You want a capacity crowd but you don't want all the available seats on general sale because a few Brummies may get in?

P.S.  There is a block button, petal, if you don't like the nasty things some people write about SL and LJ.  I'd also stop throwing accusations of 'Gas' around, makes you look a right pillock.

2 hours ago, Tiree said:

Are you still trying to silence people who disagree with your views?! Your post yesterday that negativity shouldn't be allowed on here is still unbelievable! Your attempts at censorship on this forum are disrespectful and inappropriate for a debating platform...

56 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Just hope we can all get there what with the Bristol running thing ,road closures etc, and that's without there being any trains to Parson St ....makes you wonder whether they enjoy putting obstacles in our way!....:yawn::whistle:

And all the public toilets are closed up - even opposite Ashton Gate in the park and the one on the A38 Bridgwater Road. Bristol Council are not welcoming and caring towards elderly male visitors! Mind you it is a Labour mayor and council - what do you expect...compassion?

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Are you still trying to silence people who disagree with your views?! Your post yesterday that negativity shouldn't be allowed on here is still unbelievable! Your attempts at censorship on this forum are disrespectful and inappropriate for a debating platform...

Yes, absolutely.

Anyone who calls me a gas head is going to get both barrels.

I see no issue with this approach.

In the meantime - up yours.

;)

tfj

4 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

You have made the mistake of thinking BCFC is a commercial enterprise, and not a rich persons plaything.

If you open the top tier we will only 'shit it up', and it will have to be deep cleaned.

:punish:

tfj

Infantile.

33 minutes ago, Super said:

Is there a reason why its never open?! I expect lots would rather go in there than get crap seats elsewhere.

It's for when we play nice.  It's the opposite of the 'naughty step'.  

I'm sure if we all keep clapping and stop asking questions we may be allowed in.

53 minutes ago, Super said:

Is there a reason why its never open?! I expect lots would rather go in there than get crap seats elsewhere.

Money saving. 

No need to man entrances, provide stewards, clean extra toilets, open extra food outlets etc. 

Simple really. 

59 minutes ago, Super said:

It's open when the demand is there - Newcastle, Villa, etc. Using it only when required reduces the running costs for the club and has the added benefit of condensing the crowd into the lower bowl, which can only be a good thing for the atmosphere.

I've got no problem with the top tier only being used as overflow, but as per my earlier post I do think they are too slow to open it when ticket availability elsewhere becomes limited.

9 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

What the **** are you talking about?

I'd be happy to have a look at the top tier this season - but they don't open it!

SL is the negative one - open it I say.

tfj

P.S. Screw you.

If you wanted to try the top tier so badly then I'm surprised you didn't try it out one one of the 2 occasions that I've moved up there this season. Plus it's been possible a couple of others games aswell. 

19 hours ago, Tiree said:

bloody hell, the Redknapp/Cotterill pairing didn't last long then!

Archived