IGNORED

Lansdown Upper Tier Open for Birmingham - CONFIRMED

Xiled

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Christ knows what you`re going to be like if it gets freezing cold and pours with rain like our local weather forecast just said.

Still, plenty of pubs to get your half-empty glasses in.

I go to Aussie, Fiji or Lanzorate if I want heat.......I go to Cornwall for the superb scenery and to avoid sitting in an airport for 3hrs; and there aint no pubs anymore catch up they are restaurants now; cold and rain...... no probs work out in it 50weeks of the year anway. Enjoy your day at the Bristol Sport Stadium though.

Just now, glos old boy said:

I go to Aussie, Fiji or Lanzorate if I want heat.......I go to Cornwall for the superb scenery and to avoid sitting in an airport for 3hrs; and there aint no pubs anymore catch up they are restaurants now; cold and rain...... no probs work out in it 50weeks of the year anway. Enjoy your day at the Bristol Sport Stadium though.

I will enjoy my visit to Ashton Gate as always - I`ll wave to you on my way up the M5 if you like, probably pass you around Cullompton I should think.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I will enjoy my visit to Ashton Gate as always - I`ll wave to you on my way up the M5 if you like, probably pass you around Cullompton I should think.

Doubt it not going that way :sub:

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just as well it`ll be full of bloody caravans like it always is!

We can agree on that.......(used to drive around Cornwall and Devon every week for about 3yrs many moons back)... seriously do enjoy your day hope there aint to much riding on it.

No seat transfers for people already with tickets elsewhere (as confirmed above) ... I asked if as its going to be open about the possibility of popping up for a quick look pre-kickoff just to checkout the general views and out of curiosity as its the only part of the ground (soz, stadium) old and new that I haven't experienced... bit pissed that I bought tickets a few weeks ago.

Anyway apparently no one without a match day ticket for the upper tier will be allowed to go up there .. full stop.

(so no 'upstairs' ticket ... no lookie, not even a quick peep. .... if they're not going to open all the upper w stand blocks - it would be a good chance to let the curious up for a quick look and maybe a pic or two.. boo! :( .

Bugger's !!!

22 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

No seat transfers for people already with tickets elsewhere (as confirmed above) ... I asked if as its going to be open about the possibility of popping up for a quick look pre-kickoff just to checkout the general views and out of curiosity as its the only part of the ground (soz, stadium) old and new that I haven't experienced... bit pissed that I bought tickets a few weeks ago.

Anyway apparently no one without a match day ticket for the upper tier will be allowed to go up there .. full stop.

(so no 'upstairs' ticket ... no lookie, not even a quick peep. .... if they're not going to open all the upper w stand blocks - it would be a good chance to let the curious up for a quick look and maybe a pic or two.. boo! :( .

Bugger's !!!

Happy to meet you circa 1pm to show you around 

On 19/04/2017 at 14:12, Tiree said:

Oh shut up! TFJ is at it again. Any way of ridding the forum of this (Gas?) negativity towards the Club most of us come on here to read opinions about?

Re B'ham, another good reason for all City fans buying for their friends (that excludes moaners like TFJ) is the real chance of a lot of people with Brummier accents appearing all round the ground. Anyone who knows their history will appreciate they will be all over the stadium, probably not in their preferred fancy dress but will to shout their team 'to the end of the road'. The added bonus of having two great managers/coaches at their helm will add to their optimisim for next season, however they get on at Villa and v Hudderwsfield.

I want a capacity crowd (and have predicted this for over a month) but never want pockets of Blues all around the ground!

40 posts in and your turning in to one of the most hated users on the forum....

10 hours ago, phantom said:

As I mentioned elsewhere a friend of mine in WSM attended a Birmingham game two years ago and their email was on the Birmingham database.

They purchased tickets for this game and had an email from our club advising them that as their email was on a Birmingham database their transaction was being cancelled.

Let's be honest if someone isn't on our database after our recent successes it will probably ring alarm bells anyway

Odds on them just creating a new email and buying tickets anyway...

30 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Good spot! Maybe switch the meeting time to 10:00am?

Hey, I like my morning lie in's if you dont mind, :) ... besides for my mate Mark its anytime any place any where as far as I'm concerned!

(no seriously, I noticed the time with the noon kick off, but shouldn't be a problem, we're already seated in the lower part of the WS so it should'nt take too long popping up there and back or if its pre 12pm that'd do nicely too.. I imagine match days for M K must be pretty manic, so of course we're happy to fit in to his schedule at his convenience....

Marks offer is very much appreciated, welcomed and unexpected and a big tick in my book for BS/BCFC public relations... nice one.

6 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

And there's only a few seats left in those blocks. I refuse to accept they've fully opened all 3 blocks and they've almost sold out.

I went online to look just after they made the announcement - there were around 150 seats left across all 3 blocks so something tells me they aren't releasing the whole block at once. Similarly, the very end block of the lower stand was sold out on Monday, yesterday there were 150+ tickets available. @Mkelly is there any reason for not opening up the whole block at once? I appreciate that you don't want everyone spread across the whole of the top tier - are the 3 blocks being opened row by row for the same reason?

40 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

I went online to look just after they made the announcement - there were around 150 seats left across all 3 blocks so something tells me they aren't releasing the whole block at once. Similarly, the very end block of the lower stand was sold out on Monday, yesterday there were 150+ tickets available. @Mkelly is there any reason for not opening up the whole block at once? I appreciate that you don't want everyone spread across the whole of the top tier - are the 3 blocks being opened row by row for the same reason?

Not having a go but he must've answered that question about 20 times every time the upper tier has been opened this season. 

Just logged on to buy top tier tickets and the ENTIRE TIER is showing as sold out (apart from two singles)!  Clearly that's not actually the case but indicating something is sold out when it isn't is an appalling way to run a business!  You're casual supporter or new fan may well assume the game is sold and not bother looking again!

@Mkelly - as per my earlier post, the club really need to get on top of this better and make sure there is a constant supply of availability until the game is actually sold out.  Really poor stuff.

Just now, cynic said:

Anyone looking at that ticket site will be convinced that the upper tier is either closed or completely sold out.

Great marketing............not.

Just open up the stand, why piss around with releasing rows in specific blocks ?

People are just giving up trying to book, its a bit amateur - like they are afraid of a big crowd.

Small time approach.

@Mkelly

Exactly Cynic - see my post above.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Just logged on to buy top tier tickets and the ENTIRE TIER is showing as sold out (apart from two singles)!  Clearly that's not actually the case but indicating something is sold out when it isn't is an appalling way to run a business!  You're casual supporter or new fan may well assume the game is sold and not bother looking again!

@Mkelly - as per my earlier post, the club really need to get on top of this better and make sure there is a constant supply of availability until the game is actually sold out.  Really poor stuff.

#PackTheGate :facepalm:

Just now, cynic said:

I said in this or some other thread that this game could reach 25k.

It won't - and it will be down to the rank amateur ticketing arrangements.

Ah well, at least the stand looks nice - empty, but nice.

The annoying this is I'm sat here on my laptop ready to give the club my money, there are unsold seats in the stadium, but I'm not able to buy.  Now I will have to check again later.  A minor inconvenience maybe, but it might be enough for some people not to bother and the club wouldn't get the sale.  So everyone loses.  We are still painfully amateur at this stuff.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Do they do this with any other stand ? No.

So why do it for the upper tier - this "scatter gun" excuse is bullshit and only inconveniences the "customers" and promotes non-buying of tickets. Great way to run the business.

The top tier is overflow only which I understand to a point, but the most important thing is to ensure there is a constant and ample supply of available seats to avoid this situation.  It really isn't hard.  Painful!

Archived