IGNORED

The deadline for advanced season cards

1960maaan

Just now, Spoons said:

Well they can't do that so if you want your seat take it further as it's your seat for next season if you pay by Friday, they have to honour this. 

I was told I had to renew by early April apparently, I told them how shit that was because this season hasn't even finished yet and how could they sell it when they are still advertising an early bird system. I was given some shit about email supporters services, ******* laughable.

Just now, screech said:

I was told I had to renew by early April apparently, I told them how shit that was because this season hasn't even finished yet and how could they sell it when they are still advertising an early bird system. I was given some shit about email supporters services, ******* laughable.

Send that email mate or ring Kay at supporters services she's excellent and will sort this problem out easily .

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Well they can't do that so if you want your seat take it further as it's your seat for next season if you pay by Friday, they have to honour this. 

Unfortunately they can. You only had until April 3rd to `claim` your seat - after that it was open for sale to anyone who wanted to take advantage of the early bird prices.

Just now, Dollymarie said:

Kay left nearly a year ago now. Rachel Lemar is in her role now, I also find Taylor very helpful. 

Ah ok, Kay was very helpful last year when we got issued wrong season tickets etc. I'm sure the new staff just as good, any problem I've had always been sorted quickly and proffesinally. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

Was in Thailand  for much of March so was away from regular Internet access would of been nice if they sent a letter or something.oh well will call tomorrow if not that's 400 towards a flight back.

I've been bombarded for weeks by email reminding me 

Just ******* buy one. You know you want to ;)

I'm one of Lansdown's least favourite supporters but I'm ****** if I'm going to let him ruin my 40 years of supporting MY club.

Highs and lows, home and away and even a plaque on the Atyeo statue declaring my love for my kids. 

We're moving from family stand to South Stand next season. Season tickets bought.

If Brighton can do it so can we. Even with LJ and Lansdown.

:fingerscrossed:

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Unfortunately they can. You only had until April 3rd to `claim` your seat - after that it was open for sale to anyone who wanted to take advantage of the early bird prices.

This, hate to say this was the original date, next cut off is Friday.

Interesting when I click on where my seat is it shows two prices. Dolman wing shows as £401 and £421, maybe second price is the increase? 

Just now, phantom said:

I've been bombarded for weeks by email reminding m

And me. And texts. Bastards.

And I've already bought new ones. Ok not renewed but we've signed up.

Can't be beyond the wit of Lansdown to link the two can it?

And apparently B&M sell cheaper water and chocolate. Know where me and the kids will be buying our stash on Saturday :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

There was an earlier, well publicised date, to renew and retain your seat.

A week to renew your seat so I was informed. And we are now towards the end of April and still in the current season, and still running an early bird renewal to "secure my seat" for next season.

I have organised a group trip this year to the gate which brought along 30 plus people who have never been before, this season has been utter dogs, I have also dragged others along to watch and I get a week to "secure my seat" even though I got an email today telling me I can "secure my seat" if i book before Friday.

If we are in early bird renewal territory and the season has still two home game to go, why release current season ticket holders seats now?

It looks like the usual online shambles....just logged in to look at renewing but it's saying the block in which I have my current ST in the Lansdown Stand is pretty much sold out with STs when it's been far from full all season and the price before Friday suddenly looks like it's £24 more than last season?!

I think the wording and the timing may have confused some. 

The date to renew your seat ran out on April 3rd.  Where the confusion may come in is saying secure your seat, which sounds like you keep the one you have. 

Also there was no early bird offer , the price was the price, renewal or new ST.  Now whether they put up the prices when the next deadline passes is anyones guess.
To be honest I think it's been a bit of a cock up from the get-go.  Timing of going on sale , the lack of offers, definitely the non mention of a discount should we get relegated . 

51 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Kay left nearly a year ago now. Rachel Lemar is in her role now, I also find Taylor very helpful. 

Kay was great, one of the best they've ever had down there.

Surely it would of made sense to have the deadline as the last day of the month being as most people get paid then and not the week before when everyone is skint but then common sense and BCFC customer support don't go hand in hand

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bit therein lies one of the complaints.

At no point was the encouragement to buy anything other than a negative experience.

A positive would have been 'now is the cheapest time to buy' - which might have encouraged a few.

The negative reality of the situation was 'buy now or lose your seat.... possibly.'

As previously discussed.

Or definitely in some cases!! Our's are gone, it's an effing disgrace 

It was all made pretty clear what the deadlines were for keeping existing seats. 

People are clearly just trying to create problems here. 

If you didn't renew before because  we might go down, then fine, that's your choice. It was clearly communicated that your existing seats were held for you until 3rd of April though. 

3 hours ago, screech said:

A week to renew your seat so I was informed. And we are now towards the end of April and still in the current season, and still running an early bird renewal to "secure my seat" for next season.

I have organised a group trip this year to the gate which brought along 30 plus people who have never been before, this season has been utter dogs, I have also dragged others along to watch and I get a week to "secure my seat" even though I got an email today telling me I can "secure my seat" if i book before Friday.

If we are in early bird renewal territory and the season has still two home game to go, why release current season ticket holders seats now?

Not saying it was good just that the lose your seat date was publicised, renewal dates have been coming forward gradually in recent years, probably looking to move money from one financial period into another or something. I've been going since 1966 and have watched them prop up all 4 divisions, didn't expect them to bend the rules for me so I renewed and kept my seat.

All the comms were clear: renew by the 3rd or lose your current seat.

This was reinforced numerous times by posters on this forum.

It appears that some on here have cut their noses off to spite their face.

I have delayed renewing as long as possible in order to make the Club aware of my feeliings on the monumental cock up that has been this season. I accept it is a completely futile gesture but it is the only way I can express my disatisfaction .

I have renewed albeit rather grudgingly but still feel it would have been fairer to to extend the deadline until we know with certainty which division we are playing in.

This season is far from over, a bad result against Barnsley and other results go against us will see us back in the mire 

1 minute ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I have delayed renewing as long as possible in order to make the Club aware of my feeliings on the monumental cock up that has been this season. I accept it is a completely futile gesture but it is the only way I can express my disatisfaction .

I have renewed albeit rather grudgingly but still feel it would have been fairer to to extend the deadline until we know with certainty which division we are playing in.

This season is far from over, a bad result against Barnsley and other results go against us will see us back in the mire 

Whatever the rest of the season holds its not worth topping yourself now that you have renewed for next season :mf_sleep:

Just now, Abraham Romanovich said:

Fairer to extend the deadline to see what division we are playing in? Fairer to who, you? That discount is only for people who commit to the club early not for the undecided. Seems like 65% of last years tickets have been taken up already and the other 35% want to wait and see what division we are in. That's fine but don't expect the same discount and why should they! 

Its simple if you want the best price season ticket you commit before April 3rd then put Back to 21st April . That's more than fair.  

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Fairer to extend the deadline to see what division we are playing in? Fairer to who, you? That discount is only for people who commit to the club early not for the undecided. Seems like 65% of last years tickets have been taken up already and the other 35% want to wait and see what division we are in. That's fine but don't expect the same discount and why should they! 

Its simple if you want the best price season ticket you commit before April 3rd then put Back to 21st April . That's more than fair.  

Sorry I can't agree at all, how on earth can it be fair to expect someone to fork out with no knowledge of whether you will be watching Sundeland ,Villa  or Oldham, Rochdale the club seem to have buried their collective heads in the sand on this one.

13 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Seems like 65% of last years tickets have been taken up already and the other 35% want to wait and see what division we are in. That's fine but don't expect the same discount

There is a school of thought (and a risk associated with it) that there would be no price hike if we dropped to Division 1. Having said that, if people haven't renewed by now, they are unlikely to renew should the unthinkable happen.

PS - I have also rather grudgingly renewed as I feel there is a good chance it will be Championship football next season.

Archived