IGNORED

The deadline for advanced season cards

1960maaan

46 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I have delayed renewing as long as possible in order to make the Club aware of my feeliings on the monumental cock up that has been this season. I accept it is a completely futile gesture but it is the only way I can express my disatisfaction .

I have renewed albeit rather grudgingly but still feel it would have been fairer to to extend the deadline until we know with certainty which division we are playing in.

This season is far from over, a bad result against Barnsley and other results go against us will see us back in the mire 

The only thing that 'delaying' has done is probably lost people their seats (possibly forever) along with the mates they chat with during the games etc.

Watching live football and being a football fan isn't like buying products from a shop, like any addiction you simply give up or a political party where you simply change sides. Some people say that football fans are fickle but that's simply not true for a true football fan because they never change sides. They moan and bitch when things aren't going the way they want it to go and might even not attend matches for a little while as a result. But in the background, they are looking at the results, listening to the radio and still willing their team to win. Ultimately, they will be back, and owners know this. If the owner has got the money to play the long game (and SL certainly does with the added bonus of being a fan himself), gestures like this simply don't work - this probably grates with some people and is probably why SL is taking flak at the moment from some quarters (he is effectively immune to pettiness). Probably the only real effective weapon football fans have? Turn up to a football match and stay silent.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Seriously if i get one more email...

Set up a temporary SPAM rule during renewal time. Don't forget to unset it so that they can send you SPAM for the rest of the year.

3 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Sorry I can't agree at all, how on earth can it be fair to expect someone to fork out with no knowledge of whether you will be watching Sundeland ,Villa  or Oldham, Rochdale the club seem to have buried their collective heads in the sand on this one.

Fair? It's a choice. You're not being forced to pay for it now. If you choose not to you pay more and if you chose to commit early you get the benefit of a slightly cheaper ticket. Seems easy and fair to most people. Seems like you want everything for nothing ! 

My issue is that my seats in S25 (family area) are being relocated to the upper Lansdown (blocks W9, W8 and W7).  No problem with that as I understand the club is looking to relocate home supporters from the Atyeo.

But, when I went to renew and make the seat selection, there was little to no choice despite me attempting to make the switch almost immediately after an email in March.

What I'm sure has happened is that only a proportion of W9, W8 and W7 have been put on sale.  An attempt to keep fans to certain rows within those blocks.  Again, I've no problem with this except that if I take seats in W9 now, who's to say that much better (more central) seats won't be made available in W7 in the weeks ahead?

If I'm committing my money to 23 home games, I would really like the choice to pick the best seats available within W9, W8 or W7 rather than the rows that have so far been made available.

spareseats.thumb.png.0578a20a335ed008839f0982c83e0a8d.png

This is my choice ^ as of today (20th April).  There's no way that all seats from rows 18 to 24 have been sold in all three blocks.

Bristol City should not be identifying seats as 'sold' when they aren't.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Xiled said:

This is my choice ^ as of today (20th April).  There's no way that all seats from rows 18 to 24 have been sold in all three blocks.

Bristol City should not be identifying seats as 'sold' when they aren't.

Agree with your point @Xiled

Almost needs another colour to indicate that they are yet to be put on sale

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Agree with your point @Xiled

Almost needs another colour to indicate that they are yet to be put on sale

That would be the answer.

I've no problem with relocating or how much is being charged for the tickets but I don't like being mislead and that's how it feels.  Season ticket holders should always get the best treatment from the club as they're the ones that keep the beer and pie sales going during long, winless runs :D

Archived