IGNORED

Childish behaviour from Barnsley?

19 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

If we had been playing Barnsley away,would Lee Johnson have been shown as A. Manager?

Reminds me of the recent AFC Wimbledon game against MK Dons

and in the programme did not even mention the MK Dons name.

http://the72.co.uk/79160/barnsley-make-surprising-omission-in-sheffield-wednesday-match-report/

How pathetic 

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

No need to insult a bloke who laid the foundations for one of their most successful seasons in recent times . No that's our job .

You are right as usual.

History will tell us that Lee laid the foundations for one of most successful seasons in recent times.

Didn't we spank Rotherham at home - the icing on the cake.

:thumbsup:

tfj

14 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Wow. That is pathetic

Footballer leaves club for bigger club and massive payrise

Mind you, some of the Barnsley fans that have been on here over the last 15 months, I'm not surprised

I'm not one to go forum hopping but a few from other clubs on here are cleverly baiting us. I'm choosing not to nibble. 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

If we had been playing Barnsley away,would Lee Johnson have been shown as A. Manager?

Reminds me of the recent AFC Wimbledon game against MK Dons

and in the programme did not even mention the MK Dons name.

http://the72.co.uk/79160/barnsley-make-surprising-omission-in-sheffield-wednesday-match-report/

Hardly surprising considering how babyish they still are over Lee Johnson. And that was someone they apparently didn't want anyway!

Typical 'small club syndrome'

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Hardly surprising considering how babyish they still are over Lee Johnson. And that was someone they apparently didn't want anyway!

Typical 'small club syndrome'

Not sure about that.

LJ took Barnsley on a record losing run, made their fans' football supporting lives miserable for months, bewildered them with endless selection, tactical and formation changes, annoyed them with his banal post match interviews while stubbornly refusing to change his ways or take any blame, and held on to his job for reasons they couldn't comprehend.

I can't help but see one or two parallels with his time at AG and the feelings of many supporters here.

I suspect many Barnsley fans viewed his unlikely appointment at Championship club Bristol City with similar incredulity to many of us at the time.

50 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure about that.

LJ took Barnsley on a record losing run, made their fans' football supporting lives miserable for months, bewildered them with endless selection, tactical and formation changes, annoyed them with his banal post match interviews while stubbornly refusing to change his ways or take any blame, and held on to his job for reasons they couldn't comprehend.

I can't help but see one or two parallels with his time at AG and the feelings of many supporters here.

I suspect many Barnsley fans viewed his unlikely appointment at Championship club Bristol City with similar incredulity to many of us at the time.

But you miss something Nogbad which is really rather significant... would we then care where he ends up?

Imagine this; we go on a record losing run in the pre-xmas period but start to turn results around. In January a team struggling in the league above us want to bring him in. Would we go telling the other club how bad he is and stay on their forum 15 months after the move and regularly contribute in-between with "told you so's", would KD say he'd refuse to do business with him?

I can actually give you a great example. Tony Pulis... he was a most unpopular manager, bewildering, beligerant, made us miserable with miserable football, banal interviews, stubbornly refused to change or play any decent football. We all to a man wanted him out. Portsmouth come and take him off our hands. Mint! Did we then go following Pompey's results, telling them what an arse he was etcetc etc. No. Ding dong the king was gone and that's all we bloody cared about.

Of course there would be a few belters who would go to the rivals forum and slag off.. but visit, revisit and actually come on with I told you so's and maintaining regular contributions... all a bit sad if you ask me.

Just now, Rascal said:

No idea, not heard anything, they'll not do anything about it, will they, they'll drag it out let the dust settle and say theirs no case to answer. 

As will Barnsley next time you sign an up and coming kid from say, Accrington

It happens

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure about that.

Why are you so interested in my club...

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

But you miss something Nogbad which is really rather significant... would we then care where he ends up?

Imagine this; we go on a record losing run in the pre-xmas period but start to turn results around. In January a team struggling in the league above us want to bring him in. Would we go telling the other club how bad he is and stay on their forum 15 months after the move and regularly contribute in-between with "told you so's", would KD say he'd refuse to do business with him?

I can actually give you a great example. Tony Pulis... he was a most unpopular manager, bewildering, beligerant, made us miserable with miserable football, banal interviews, stubbornly refused to change or play any decent football. We all to a man wanted him out. Portsmouth come and take him off our hands. Mint! Did we then go following Pompey's results, telling them what an arse he was etcetc etc. No. Ding dong the king was gone and that's all we bloody cared about.

Of course there would be a few belters who would go to the rivals forum and slag off.. but visit, revisit and actually come on with I told you so's and maintaining regular contributions... all a bit sad if you ask me.

I think most football fans have an interest in former managers, yes, and, as you say, I've no doubt some City fans go on other clubs forums to give their views on what their new manager was like at City. Mostly, up until SC, not very favourable ones either.

But in Barnsley's case, as I remember it, several posters gave an honest assessment of his time at Oakwell, warned us what was likely to occur here if he hadn't changed, and were met with some hostility by a few overly sensitive LJ defenders, which one or two reacted to. Many of us though didn't find much bitterness in their views but simply took note of what they were saying and were pleased to have their input.

When events started to uncannily unfold in the ways they predicted at AG the alarm bells were certainly ringing and it was useful to be able to look back at their posts for comparison. It showed us that LJ had not learnt, or changed his ways, at all.

I take on board your comparison with Pulis, but he at least had some managerial success to recommend him to Pompey, having taken Gillingham from the bottom of the football league to promotion, and only missing out to Man. City in the play off final for another one. I really can't see any club attempting to prise LJ away with his management record.

Btw, I haven't seen many 'I told you so's' from Barnsley fans, and particularly not recently. I think they realised long ago most City fans were either in agreement with them, or didn't need any further reminder that their fears on our behalf had been proved justified long ago.

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Disrespecful and very childish, if a player moves on for bigger and better things then although its a shame for the club you cant really blame the player. Winnal was a big part of their success.

Hourihane not exactly been ripping it up at Villa?

Although in some respects, maybe LJ isn't A.Manager?.....as many posts on OTIB would testify.

27 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Indeed it does, it shouldn't but it does. It's still wrong who ever it is doing it. 

Doesn't bother me, would you go for a job interview without having at least a ball park figure of what they were willing to pay you?

Been going on since the game started

Archived