IGNORED

Childish behaviour from Barnsley?

6 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Disrespecful and very childish, if a player moves on for bigger and better things then although its a shame for the club you cant really blame the player. Winnal was a big part of their success.

None of you know the facts behind what went off with Winnall. Which makes the reactions on here understandable. 

I'll be at AG on Saturday. I expect a good game.  

4 minutes ago, #TeamsLikeBarnsley said:

None of you know the facts behind what went off with Winnall. Which makes the reactions on here understandable. 

Then please do enlighten us as to the facts that led to your club looking extremely petulant to the wider football world...

21 minutes ago, #TeamsLikeBarnsley said:

I'll be at AG on Saturday. I expect a good game.  

As I recall - from my Barnsley supporting friend - Wednesday exploited a clause in Winnall's contract and got him dirt cheap.

I wonder which other club has recently done something similar? :whistle:

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure about that.

LJ took Barnsley on a record losing run, made their fans' football supporting lives miserable for months, bewildered them with endless selection, tactical and formation changes, annoyed them with his banal post match interviews while stubbornly refusing to change his ways or take any blame, and held on to his job for reasons they couldn't comprehend.

I can't help but see one or two parallels with his time at AG and the feelings of many supporters here.

I suspect many Barnsley fans viewed his unlikely appointment at Championship club Bristol City with similar incredulity to many of us at the time.

Noggers,

I must take issue with you regarding LJ's continued tenure at our club.

It's no good bemoaning his appointment, track record at Barnsley and wanting him gone but doing nothing about it.

Given your track record, I would have thought the least you could have done was get a photo with him and add it to the signature on your OTIB posts, as that seems to have guaranteed the demise and departure of every previous incumbent similarly photographed with you! :)

P.S. I'm obviously not including Sir Gerry in the above comment.

17 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Noggers,

I must take issue with you regarding LJ's continued tenure at our club.

It's no good bemoaning his appointment, track record at Barnsley and wanting him gone but doing nothing about it.

Given your track record, I would have thought the least you could have done was get a photo with him and add it to the signature on your OTIB posts, as that seems to have guaranteed the demise and departure of every previous incumbent similarly photographed with you! :)

P.S. I'm obviously not including Sir Gerry in the above comment.

Good point dc, but the club stymied me from adding to my collection by doing away with the Open Days.

Maybe they'll bring them back - if so, rest assured I'll be there, camera in hand, probably in an old stripey shirt. :yes: 

P.S. Don't think the GG spotty tie will get another airing, although I've definitely still got it!

53 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Then please do enlighten us as to the facts that led to your club looking extremely petulant to the wider football world...

The club thrashed out a deal with Wensdeh for Winnall everything was agreed, our club then ask Sam and Wensdeh to hold off from making it public for 24 hour as a mark of respect, as it was the funeral of a Barnsley legend the next day, someone who had worked at the club all his life, the next day our club was closed for the day, but all over Twitter was photos of Sam holding up a Wensdeh shirt. After that things got very silly very quickly 

22 minutes ago, Rascal said:

The club thrashed out a deal with Wensdeh for Winnall everything was agreed, our club then ask Sam and Wensdeh to hold off from making it public for 24 hour as a mark of respect, as it was the funeral of a Barnsley legend the next day, someone who had worked at the club all his life, the next day our club was closed for the day, but all over Twitter was photos of Sam holding up a Wensdeh shirt. After that things got very silly very quickly 

Thanks Rascal for the Jack and Jill version. That's my language! 

If it had happened to say 2 premier league teams at either end of the table, would the outcome have been any different?

Has there been a similar situation where the outcome was different to that of Barnsley's? 

I'm not familiar with the Winnall transfer and I'm a bit confused, can the Barnsley folk or anyone ITK fill in the gaps?

Initially it appears from this thread that Barnsley were unhappy with the Winnall transfer due to 'tapping up' from Wednesday. However, when asked the circumstances, the reason given is that a deal had been 'thrashed out' and 'agreed' and the problem arose when Wednesday broke a 'gentleman's agreement'. No mention of the tapping up for which Wednesday were apparently reported to the league?

1 hour ago, WSMRobin said:

I'm not familiar with the Winnall transfer and I'm a bit confused, can the Barnsley folk or anyone ITK fill in the gaps?

Initially it appears from this thread that Barnsley were unhappy with the Winnall transfer due to 'tapping up' from Wednesday. However, when asked the circumstances, the reason given is that a deal had been 'thrashed out' and 'agreed' and the problem arose when Wednesday broke a 'gentleman's agreement'. No mention of the tapping up for which Wednesday were apparently reported to the league?

Its been pointed out on here, tapping up happens all the time, as does players leaving for more money, all that is part and parcel of the game, it all plays a part in why the fans and club are pissed off with Winnall, but the main thing that sticks in the throats of fans, players, and the club officials, is the lack of respect towards Norman Rimmington a club legend who worked for the club for over 60 years, as a player, coach, grounds man, physio, kit man and many other roles, right up until the year he past away at the age of 93,  Barnsley football club wanted the day he was laid to rest, to be all about him with no distractions, so asked that Wednesday and Sam didn't announce the deal until the day after the funeral. On the morning of the funeral pictures of Sam holding up a Wensdeh shirt were all over social media. 

5 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Its been pointed out on here, tapping up happens all the time, as does players leaving for more money, all that is part and parcel of the game, it all plays a part in why the fans and club are pissed off with Winnall, but the main thing that sticks in the throats of fans, players, and the club officials, is the lack of respect towards Norman Rimmington a club legend who worked for the club for over 60 years, as a player, coach, grounds man, physio, kit man and many other roles, right up until the year he past away at the age of 93,  Barnsley football club wanted the day he was laid to rest, to be all about him with no distractions, so asked that Wednesday and Sam didn't announce the deal until the day after the funeral. On the morning of the funeral pictures of Sam holding up a Wensdeh shirt were all over social media. 

That's pretty poor form. I can understand the acrimony.

19 minutes ago, Rascal said:

He sounds like a top bloke - 93! 

I can understand the bad feeling.

28 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Understandable why Barns asked for it to be held back. But playing devils advocate here, was it a simple mistake by an overzealous PR rep who didn't realise or know about the sanctity of that particular day? 

Still bad form though. Was it recinded quickly or did Weds just leave it?

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Understandable why Barns asked for it to be held back. But playing devils advocate here, was it a simple mistake by an overzealous PR rep who didn't realise or know about the sanctity of that particular day? 

Still bad form though. Was it recinded quickly or did Weds just leave it?

I believe it was Sams agent that posted the photo and tagged Winnall in it. 

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

No disrespect but it appears that SW had a medical on the 12th and an official announcement went out on the 13th. It appears that Norman's funeral was on the 12th.

Most of us probably have low opinions of agents and if you are indicating that an agent posted something on the 12th, why are you surprised?

As to holding up an SW shirt, I've only seen a signing photo (for the 12th). Maybe you'd like to share this photo of him holding up a SW shirt for the 12th?

It's not the official announcement that's was the problem, hence SWFC not being ignored, they did as they said they would, its Sam and his agent that didn't, that's why all this bollox is aimed at him, a bloke who probably said morning to Rimo every day at work for most of his time with us. He then thanked his agent for getting the deal done, when he should have been calling him a manual manipulator for Going back on his word. 

On 20/04/2017 at 13:04, Steve Watts said:

No reason to. It's between us and him. It was a clear dig at the player, and everyone involved in it understands it. That was the point. The likes of you and 'the wider football world' have no actual interest in it and I've neither the time or will to explain it.

I spent far too long on here explaining to you the MO of Lee Johnson. His tactics, his recruitment ideas, his verbosity etc. 90% of you didn't appreciate it. He was the messiah. I was bitter. And so on. I understood though why some questioned my motives, and so I disappeared for a while.

I returned a few months later, logged on and saw a mountain of threads practically in agreement with everything I'd said. 

Moral of the story? You have to have the facts, the events before you for you to be able to truly judge. Otherwise, despite best intentions and the possibility that others are bang on the money, it's pointless insinuating. 

I think any animosity towards Winnall from our fans is justifiable for the reasons explained by others on here.

Should the club, in its official publication be party to such petulance? Probably not.

Does it bother me that they did? No, not really. **** him.

Besides, I thought it was quite funny in a childish kind of way.

Anyway, may the best team win tomorrow and all that jazz.

Archived