IGNORED

Its Earth day on Saturday,which means use public transport

Every one wants to contribute to reducing the pollution levels.

So, if you can, use public transport to the game on Saturday.

Parson street station will be fully operational

BTM to Parson Street at 13:25 13:56 and 14:25

Weston to parson street 13:10 and 14:10

RETURN JOURNEY

parson street to BTM 17:35

parson street to weston 17:30

• Admin
5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Every one wants to contribute to reducing the pollution levels.

So, if you can, use public transport to the game on Saturday.

Parson street station will be fully operational

BTM to Parson Street at 13:25 13:56 and 14:25

Weston to parson street 13:10 and 14:10

RETURN JOURNEY

parson street to BTM 17:35

parson street to weston 17:30

If the the overall service / number of carraiges etc wasn't so consistently poor am sure more people would use the trains

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

"Earth day' eh?  .... well, to use a footballing cliché .... a win tomorrow and we'll be 'over the Moon!' :sweatingbullets:

So long as we're not biting the earth, or come to that, throwing mud.

In his book "Parallel Lines" author Bob Marchant stated;

Take official and private cars away from MPs, Town Councillors and the directors of bus & train companies. Public transport in this country would improve overnight.

As an aside; please do not blame Dr Beeching, he was only the fall guy. Ernest Marples was Minister of Transport and appointed Beeching to do a job. Ernest Marples was a major shareholder in Tarmac Construction. Quite by chance, Tarmac Construction had won the Government contract to plaster the country with motorways. If railway lines were ripped up, more roads would be needed. That in turn led to bigger dividends for those with shares in Tarmac. To avoid any possible conflict of interests, good old Ernie gave his shares away.............to his wife!

1 minute ago, 22A said:

Take official and private cars away from MPs, Town Councillors and the directors of bus & train companies. Public transport in this country would improve overnight.

As an aside; please do not blame Dr Beeching, he was only the fall guy. Ernest Marples was Minister of Transport and appointed Beeching to do a job. Ernest Marples was a major shareholder in Tarmac Construction. Quite by chance, Tarmac Construction had won the Government contract to plaster the country with motorways. If railway lines were ripped up, more roads would be needed. That in turn led to bigger dividends for those with shares in Tarmac. To avoid any possible conflict of interests, good old Ernie gave his shares away.............to his wife!

Although Beeching later admitted that as the "expert" he underestimated the growth in car use in this country by 1000%.

Not too far wrong then :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, 22A said:

Good book that, just re-read it funnily enough. Agree re. Marples, vested interest or what?

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I'll be driving the car just like other normal people.

I will not be driving my day will be passenger in car train walk to wetherspoons walk back to station, train walk to ground lift from friend back to station train, passenger in car kick imaginary cat if we've lost. does this mode of travel make me abnormal? 

19 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I will not be driving my day will be passenger in car train walk to wetherspoons walk back to station, train walk to ground lift from friend back to station train, passenger in car kick imaginary cat if we've lost. does this mode of travel make me abnormal? 

It was a dig at the OP who said........ "Every one wants to contribute to reducing the pollution levels."

Maybe it's me that's abnormal for wanting to drive to Ashton Gate.

51 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

I'll be riding my bicycle. Usually walk but the Mrs has ruled bicycles this week. I know not why and know that asking for reasons would not be beneficial to future relations.

Only pick your fights with your loved one when you really care about the outcome, was looking at paving slabs the other day , what colour would you like she asks, don't give a f thinks I , wanders off to look at other things wife shouts after me walk back get taken out to look at more paving slabs , which slabs she asks? which are cheapest I say , don't like them she responds , oh which do you want says I , these she says (second most expensive)  , OK says I thinking is there some paint I can watch dry. but when I do care I get my own way (not very often but that's probably why I am still married ).

Archived