IGNORED

Running the 10k AND watching City v. Brum?

CyderInACan

Just wondering how many others will be running then trying to get back to AG in time for the match? Perhaps @Mkelly could arrange for some free refreshments for runners who turn up with their medals! They used to say that Heineken refreshes the parts other beers can't reach, after all! 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/teambristolsands10k

Yep, have a 9:46 start and a target time of under 1 hr (steady eddie pace!), which leaves me a little bit to collect the wife and daughter and get to the Match in time to collect my free drink!

I really do need to sort out the tickets for the game though - they seem to be selling well.

Just now, hantsred said:

Yep, have a 9:46 start and a target time of under 1 hr (steady eddie pace!), which leaves me a little bit to collect the wife and daughter and get to the Match in time to collect my free drink!

I really do need to sort out the tickets for the game though - they seem to be selling well.

Just out of interest how do you find out your start time? do they email it to you?

43 minutes ago, TinnionForEngland said:

Just out of interest how do you find out your start time? do they email it to you?

I got my race number pack last week and it tells you what 'wave' and the start time. The wave is based on your predicted time you filled in on the sign up form.

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Just wondering how many others will be running then trying to get back to AG in time for the match? Perhaps @Mkelly could arrange for some free refreshments for runners who turn up with their medals! They used to say that Heineken refreshes the parts other beers can't reach, after all! 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/teambristolsands10k

On the basis that I've sponsored you, I demand a loan of your medal should your plan for a free drink come off.

Given my svelte frame and obvious sporting prowess, I can't imagine anyone questioning me.

I once done the Bristol half marathon without training for it which turned out to be very bad idea ha!ha! I was a young 21 year old who thought he was fit as a fiddle but how wrong was I! I did finish it however in a very slow time but spent the next week off work with feet the size of rugby balls. Good luck to everyone taking part.

I'm running and then trying to get to the game. Gonna be a case of crossing the finishing line and then walking straight to Bemmy. Going to be a pain in the ass but have no choice. Apologies to anyone sat near me for 90 mins as I'm gonna stink!

5 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Depends which wave you're in. Latest you should start is 9:56 ish I think. All info on here 

http://www.greatrun.org/great-bristol-10k

I suggest any City fans to start off with the first wave. Whilst you are given colour coded start times no-one will stop you from starting in earliest wave. I do it every year.

Archived