IGNORED

Team for tomorrow

I see that Lee has flagged 'a couple of niggles' giving concern, one of whom presumably is Little.  He also makes a strange reference to Tomlin, Reid or Paterson being able to play as the second striker, so does this suggest that Taylor is a doubt?  It would be a shame to have to change the team that has done so well recently, and my worry is the right back position because it does seem that when we get that position right, we do well (and vice versa).

28 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I see that Lee has flagged 'a couple of niggles' giving concern, one of whom presumably is Little.  He also makes a strange reference to Tomlin, Reid or Paterson being able to play as the second striker, so does this suggest that Taylor is a doubt?  It would be a shame to have to change the team that has done so well recently, and my worry is the right back position because it does seem that when we get that position right, we do well (and vice versa).

If Little is unavailable then Smith would likely take over at RB. That would obviously mean a change in midfield. 

Hegeler maybe?   :dunno:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

It would be a shame tho if a change was enforced thru injury.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

We need korey 's energy in midfield, I'd rather he played young Zak there. 

agreed with this - would rather we tinker as little as possible with the 11, keep the 3 in midfield as they are and put Vyner at RB. Presumably Matthews is still out in the cold and showing no signs of any form

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If Little is unavailable then Smith would likely take over at RB. That would obviously mean a change in midfield. 

Hegeler maybe?   :dunno:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

It would be a shame tho if a change was enforced thru injury.

Probably Korey at RB and then Cotterill back in which would see Brownhill partner Pack.

Just now, LC_ said:

agreed with this - would rather we tinker as little as possible with the 11, keep the 3 in midfield as they are and put Vyner at RB. Presumably Matthews is still out in the cold and showing no signs of any form

Good suggestion.

Not sure LJ "trusts" Vyner tho.

Hopefully he'll have no need to change  anything.........:fingerscrossed:

I guess the second striker reference is in case he needs to change it during the game with Wilbs seemingly out & Djuric still struggling.

If Little misses out I would expect Vyner to start so the midfield is left as per the last few games.

Would hope that the midfield is left with Smith and Pack. Been a long running problem that our midfielders just let the opposition walk through and it hasn't seemed to be the case the last few games.

As much as Korey is probably a better option at RB for the sake of the midfield I would like to see Vyner if Little is unavailable. 

Plus Pack's passing from deep to get attacks going has been exceptional recently and I think this would suffer without Smith in there.

agreed we need Korey in midfield even though he is a great right back. Matthews will not play probably as his confidence is shot to pieces. he was once a great player but something has seriously gone wrong. Vyner at RB for me or maybe even Brownhill with Cotterill coming in.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

vyner wouldnt let us down

Hopefully try and leave the team as settled as possible, our best run of recent firm has come with no changes. Obviously injuries might force our hand but I hope we don't then overcook things. 

Someone mentioned Cottetill, I'd leave him on the bench. For the past few games when featured he has been a shadow of the player who joined us on loan. Just guessing but maybe he has been told there is no chance of a contract here so he might be forced go back and try his luck at Brum. Whatever it is he is well off form at the moment. I really liked the look of him early on and wanted us to put an offer to him. Good job I'm not manager!

I'd like to see Vyner get a game, and I think he will. Can't remember who it was but someone at the club said about the philosophy being "someone gets injured, an U-23 steps up and gets game time".

38 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

agreed we need Korey in midfield even though he is a great right back. Matthews will not play probably as his confidence is shot to pieces. he was once a great player but something has seriously gone wrong. Vyner at RB for me or maybe even Brownhill with Cotterill coming in.

I'd rather we didn't play Brownhill in a defensive role, it really isn't his forte.

As others have said, i'd rather see Vyner there. in his natural position.

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

We may see Tomlin back if Taylor is one of the injuries, at least he should be fresh after a rest. Hope Tammy doesn't have to go off or we'll be struggling for another striker. Got a horrible feeling this will be a draw leaving us in limbo with Brighton away looming.

They lost 2 key players in January. Been struggling since. Let's be positive here. 3-1 To City again!

5 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I seem to remember Tammy took a knock during the game, but not much more was said since. I'm wondering if it's him injured.

5 hours ago, LC_ said:

Personally I wouldn't play Mathews anyway he's been a disgrace to his profession this season. 

Archived