IGNORED

Whisky and Cola

Septic Peg

I can't stand the smell of whiskey so I've never drank it. Not sure really what you are meant to do with it, sip it or down in one?  On tv etc people drink it as quickly as possible like it is medicine! 

2 hours ago, City Rocker said:

No No No! Single malt can only properly be experienced at room temperature. Maybe a splash of water if you're a girl. 

Absolutely.

A couple of tiny drops of water from a pipette if you're tackling a cask strength single malt possibly, but a whole ice cube = one hell of a lot of drops. Will drown the taste just as much as the drop in temperature from the ice cube will.

Just shouldn't be done to that amazing golden liquid!

11 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Absolutely.

A couple of tiny drops of water from a pipette if you're tackling a cask strength single malt possibly, but a whole ice cube = one hell of a lot of drops. Will drown the taste just as much as the drop in temperature from the ice cube will.

Just shouldn't be done to that amazing golden liquid!

can I like twice, three times or even more.

Just now, reddoh said:

can I like twice, three times or even more.

Much appreciated kind sir!

As I think has already been said somewhere, the only thing you need to accompany a good dingle malt is another one.

As for adding coke, they should bring back hanging for that offence.

8 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Much appreciated kind sir!

As I think has already been said somewhere, the only thing you need to accompany a good dingle malt is another one.

As for adding coke, they should bring back hanging for that offence.

not had a dingle malt but do love a single malt just for clarity do you prefer an Islay or highland ? :-)

10 minutes ago, reddoh said:

not had a dingle malt but do love a single malt just for clarity do you prefer an Islay or highland ?

Depends on the mood tbh Reddoh. One day it could be a good Islay like Lagavulin or Laphroig, or other times I can't resist one of the Speysides like Balvenie, Aberlour or even some of the more obscure Glenfiddichs. Add in some of the offerings from Talisker and they would probably be up at the top end of my favourites list

I can honestly say I've never actually found a single malt I don't like, but there are just some I love more than others, which is probably why I've now accumulated a decent sized collection.

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

Depends on the mood tbh Reddoh. One day it could be a good Islay like Lagavulin or Laphroig, or other times I can't resist one of the Speysides like Balvenie, Aberlour or even some of the more obscure Glenfiddichs. Add in some of the offerings from Talisker and they would probably be up at the top end of my favourites list

I can honestly say I've never actually found a single malt I don't like, but there are just some I love more than others, which is probably why I've now accumulated a decent sized collection.

I will have too google the third Laphfroig is first on the road Lagavulin next door and Ardbeg after that slept for quite a while after doing them (keys were under the car ) fordy62 still on your cruise

Just now, reddoh said:

I will have too google the third Laphfroig is first on the road Lagavulin next door and Ardbeg after that slept for quite a while after doing them (keys were under the car ) fordy62 still on your cruise

Lucky devil, as I haven't managed an Islay tour yet, but is definitely on the cards for the future.  

Interesting how some of the distillery tours are far more generous with their tasters than others.  Did some last November with my better half and as she doesn't like drinking whisky, I got to have hers as well, so definitely a result for me, :laugh:

10 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I have loved talking to the women who run the shops using charm which does not come naturally. I have done very well getting drinks and also rare bottles of whisky cheap, just to point out whisky for the rest of you Tamdu  (may have an H) is a light refrigerant breakfast whisky if you can have one.  

1 minute ago, reddoh said:

I have loved talking to the women who run the shops using charm which does not come naturally. I have done very well getting drinks and also rare bottles of whisky cheap, just to point out whisky for the rest of you Tamdu  (may have an H) is a light refrigerant breakfast whisky if you can have one.  

Whether it comes naturally or not, you've obviously got some ability if you can blag yourself some decent discounts.

I've resisted the rare whiskies so far, as the prices can be crazy as you know and my charm offensive may not be as good as tours. As I can find so many good whiskies that I enjoy drinking for around the 30 quid mark, I can just have the pleasure of God's wonderful water without breaking the bank.  

I must say I like the sound of a breakfast whisky, but in the interests of marital harmony, I think I'll avoid a few drams with my cornflakes!

Ok...here's the Janet and John version on whisky/whiskey for those who might want some guidance on this alcoholic liquid.

#1 Whisky without an E is made throughout the world apart from two countries. 

#2 Whiskey with an E is only made two countries.; Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.

#3 Bushmills Whiskey Distillery (10 miles from here) insist that to get the best from all their drams (check out their Distillers Choice single malt) a drop of water or 2 ice cubes has to be added.

#3 Jamesons is from Cork/Dublin and is a blend. It is truly fantastic.

#4 Whiskeys are distilled 3 times. 95% of all Scottish whisky is distilled twice. Bourbon is distilled once.

#5 I've been sampling Welsh single malt whisky tonight with and without 2 ice cubes. The latter wins on every level. What an amazing whisky.

#6 I've been sampling Japanese single malt whisky tonight with and without 2 ice cubes. The latter wins on every level. Again, what an amazing whisky. 

#7 I have a 5 year old single malt in the house from Holland. Gert Meyer came from Holland. Gert's football skills on the wing was tasty. Holland should stick to football.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Once......

My sister used to drink rum and black and got pissed and threw up in the snow............that put me off!

A drink of my youth, black with everything, cider & black, rum & black, lager & black...I think it was our way of thinking we were getting our vitamin C!

The only drink I have ever had which came almost straight back up again was a mulled wine concoction made by a a top French chef at a bonfire party, gawd knows what was in it but even the thought of mulled wine turns my stomach even now. I think I must have been only about 14 at the time, and yes that's YEARS ago. Certainly put me off for life!

Archived