IGNORED

Bristol Manor Farm : Presentation then City on TV (Merged)

JamesBCFC

I know a couple of people on here go from time to time anyway, but for anyone who isn't going to Brighton next Saturday you could do worse than to head down The Creek.

Manor Farm have won their division and will be promoted to the Southern League first division (same as Mangotsfield). I believe the trophy presentation will be at this game and the prices are very reasonable (£6, or £3 if you show a City season ticket or a train ticket for that day).

Just a few years ago they would get crowds of 40ish, this year they've been getting 3x that. And last week (or the one before) 200 went to their game against Hallen (that fixture usually gets 70 odd).

The best part is they play attacking football, usually a 4-3-3, and have 6 players in double figures for goals this season, averaging 3 goals a game, though rather embarrasingly for the FA, the standard of official tends to be better than we see at the Gate!

10 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

They have had a cracking season to be fair. Wonder if there is any truth in the "rumour" i have heard, that the manager is off to another local team at the end of the season?

In one of their latest programmes he speaks of preparing for their challenge next season.

From there it sounds like he is staying, but I appreciate he would be unlikely to publicly say he is going to leave and take their star players with him

Congratulations to the Farm! Can't argue about the title this season, but can understand the financial aspect, CribbsRed. The Western League has long had a rather pronounced spilt in the clubs' ability to pay the players. Many get nothing, so the obvious attraction to go to the rich club is a big factor. When you consider that the referees require some £150 or so to run a match each Saturday and attendances are usually rated in the dozens then it's no surprise that boot money is the exception rather than the rule.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

I know a couple of people on here go from time to time anyway, but for anyone who isn't going to Brighton next Saturday you could do worse than to head down The Creek.

Manor Farm have won their division and will be promoted to the Southern League first division (same as Mangotsfield). I believe the trophy presentation will be at this game and the prices are very reasonable (£6, or £3 if you show a City season ticket or a train ticket for that day).

Just a few years ago they would get crowds of 40ish, this year they've been getting 3x that. And last week (or the one before) 200 went to their game against Hallen (that fixture usually gets 70 odd).

The best part is they play attacking football, usually a 4-3-3, and have 6 players in double figures for goals this season, averaging 3 goals a game, though rather embarrasingly for the FA, the standard of official tends to be better than we see at the Gate!

Know quite a few officials at this level and they ain't bad, different kettle of fish on the football league  middle to the contributory leagues!!

Great club on the up . Great set of guys, Lazza , Geoff and Rich  behind the scenes 

Yep fair play to them, they have ran away with it this season after threatening to do the same last season. Some incredibly good players there for that level, be interesting to see how they do next season, it'll be a more level playing field with money ect then!! Cant take nothing away from them tho, lazzer has done it wherever he has managed, so wouldnt bet against them being near the top again next season!!

11 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Congratulations to the Farm! Can't argue about the title this season, but can understand the financial aspect, CribbsRed. The Western League has long had a rather pronounced spilt in the clubs' ability to pay the players. Many get nothing, so the obvious attraction to go to the rich club is a big factor. When you consider that the referees require some £150 or so to run a match each Saturday and attendances are usually rated in the dozens then it's no surprise that boot money is the exception rather than the rule.

Bridgwater Town players in the league above Manor Farm ( next season they swap places!) get approx £20 to £25 a game, and pay tax ( yes ) on that money. 

Some players in the league Manor Farm are in next season, get £200 a game!.

11 hours ago, shelts said:

Know quite a few officials at this level and they ain't bad, different kettle of fish on the football league  middle to the contributory leagues!!

My lad officiates in the Western League, I've only good things to say about the other officials he works with. Good honest working blokes that love their football. 

Today he's involved in a match where a south Bristol team could win promotion!! Shame it's not City!!

57 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

My lad officiates in the Western League, I've only good things to say about the other officials he works with. Good honest working blokes that love their football. 

Today he's involved in a match where a south Bristol team could win promotion!! Shame it's not City!!

Hengrove?

I know they were having a strong season this year

2 hours ago, Stockwood nick said:

Yep fair play to them, they have ran away with it this season after threatening to do the same last season. Some incredibly good players there for that level, be interesting to see how they do next season, it'll be a more level playing field with money ect then!! Cant take nothing away from them tho, lazzer has done it wherever he has managed, so wouldnt bet against them being near the top again next season!!

If Lashenko stays and they keep hold of their midfielders and strikers I could see them getting a top half finish. The Western League is quite strong and there's been a few who have got promoted and done well in the Southern League straight away.

7 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

There's Melksham in the same league aswell both could be playing in the southern league next season!

Only one team gets promoted from the league and your ground has to meet the required grading which Manor Farm's does. The grading lasts for 3 years and then you have to re-apply for it again.

On 4/22/2017 at 12:14, Portland Bill said:

Bridgwater Town players in the league above Manor Farm ( next season they swap places!) get approx £20 to £25 a game, and pay tax ( yes ) on that money. 

Maybe thats the reason Bridgwater have won the same amount of games this season that Manor Farm has lost.

Complaining Manor Farm pays players more (despite the fact its their money that they earned and not council or anything) is like complaining about Hereford winning the league because they get 10x more supporters than the league average.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 14:02, Zip Nolan said:

Only one team gets promoted from the league and your ground has to meet the required grading which Manor Farm's does. The grading lasts for 3 years and then you have to re-apply for it again.

Sham have moved to a new seven million pound gaff.

Huge kids and youth section.

Loads of pitches.

Structure on structure to keep that Spudski chap who left otib in a huff to wax lyrical about for months...

1 hour ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Sham have moved to a new seven million pound gaff.

Huge kids and youth section.

Loads of pitches.

Structure on structure to keep that Spudski chap who left otib in a huff to wax lyrical about for months...

Yes haven't been to their new place, it sounds nice  but played/managed teams at The Conigre ground against Melksham a number of times.

On 4/21/2017 at 23:51, CribbsRed said:

No surprise they have won the league paying the wedge they do! Ridiculous sums considering the step...

True, but despite what they will have you believe Melksham are paying ridiculous amounts too. It's not like they are the only team.

Watch Westbury in division 1 next season, they'll be spending several hundred a week on wages. Thats a team thats finished at the bottom of the pyramid the last 3 years.

On 4/22/2017 at 12:23, Portland Bill said:

There are some good officials, and some horrendous ones too. Just like every level really.

16 minutes ago, Zip Nolan said:

Yes haven't been to their new place, it sounds nice  but played/managed teams at The Conigre ground against Melksham a number of times.

Went yesterday.....lovely new ground and facilities....and they won 3-1 ...been to the conigre many times as well but this is different gravy ...:yawn:

11 minutes ago, Zip Nolan said:

Played at the Conigre.

Didn't like it.

Nasty rutted pitch often.

Always got turned over.

Blame the pitch.

Took great delight in hitting the duck pond.

New ground is out on the Devizes road surrounded by cows and not much else .. Looks like hurricane Country.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

True, but despite what they will have you believe Melksham are paying ridiculous amounts too. It's not like they are the only team.

Watch Westbury in division 1 next season, they'll be spending several hundred a week on wages. Thats a team thats finished at the bottom of the pyramid the last 3 years.

Don't think Melksham pay .. Little to nothing.

Teams local.

Some are kids who are Sons of former players.

Reckon its a reward to get out of the place once a fortnight by itself. 

Played at Westbury ... Pitch seemed immense.

27 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Went yesterday.....lovely new ground and facilities....and they won 3-1 ...been to the conigre many times as well but this is different gravy ...:yawn:

Saw Double Penetration (Darren P) v Tommy Saunders of Chipnumb having a windmill on the side of the pitch.

Like a Weeble v a Krankie.

Hearts on sleeves ..Very funny.

You local?

Set ups something to be proud of for a town that size.

3 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Saw Double Penetration (Darren P) v Tommy Saunders of Chipnumb having a windmill on the side of the pitch.

Like a Weeble v a Krankie.

Hearts on sleeves ..Very funny.

You local?

Set ups something to be proud of for a town that size.

'Twas good ....not local but have family there so was visiting and always go when I'm in town and they're at home ...very impressed with their new ground ....paid for by the local council apparently following the sale of the conigre for future development.

4 hours ago, Verve_94 said:

Maybe thats the reason Bridgwater have won the same amount of games this season that Manor Farm has lost.

Complaining Manor Farm pays players more (despite the fact its their money that they earned and not council or anything) is like complaining about Hereford winning the league because they get 10x more supporters than the league average.

Whose complaining?? 

I wouldn't have a clue what BMF are paying, and frankly I don't care.

All I mentioned was how much Bridgwater players were getting payed!

Archived