IGNORED

Season tickets

SouthStand Sandwich

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

How does that square with the belittling and sarcastic posts you've made? 

Well that didnt take long did it, I was wondering who was going to post this, what "wide range" of opinions? ppl wanted him either in or out, only 2 ways about it, that sounds quite narrow if you ask me... :P

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Nobody is "forgetting" the bad run, but it certainly fades into the bigger picture of the overall season, now that it has been halted and we have recovered. 

Thankfully, 11,500 people see that and won't continue to bang on about a 3 month period of a 9 month season and get behind the team as it seems to have turned that very uncomfortable corner. 

I fail to see how our worst ever losing run, coupled with survival by the skin of our teeth 'fades into the bigger picture of the overall season'. I personally think that those two things are the 'bigger picture' (and let's hope there's not a worse story to come!). Out of the 7 regulars I go with, every single one has renewed but every single one hold the same view, that LJ should not be our manager.  Think you'll find a large proportion of other ST holders who would share that view too.   However him being manager has not and will not preclude us from buying a ST and supporting our club. No one person and all that...........

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

95% of the number sold at this stage last year is not bad at all and will be an inconvenient statistic for some.

I'm surprised at that. However, I'd rather have read we'd sold 5% more after a successful first season with the refreshed stadium. To read that the support has held up quite well despite being dreadful on the pitch again, isn't particularly inspiring. Lose another 5% again next year and the hoped for momentum will be lost altogether.

I've renewed but with reservations. For me, any hint of the sort of form we've seen this season surfacing again next season, then a change of head coach is a must. There has to be an improvement.   

Just now, Kingswood Robin said:

I'm surprised at that. However, I'd rather have read we'd sold 5% more after a successful first season with the refreshed stadium. To read that the support has held up quite well despite being dreadful on the pitch again, isn't particularly inspiring. Lose another 5% again next year and the hoped for momentum will be lost altogether.

I've renewed but with reservations. For me, any hint of the sort of form we've seen this season surfacing again next season, then a change of head coach is a must. There has to be an improvement.   

Agree - and I think personally there will be an improvement

2 minutes ago, Turbored said:

Spin it all they want but currently on those figures we are 20% down in total sale so that makes 1 in 5 people still not renewing or not going to. Last year total 14.5k sales so far 11.5k a difference of 3k.

you wouldn't agree with anything they say! I reckon next season will have bigger attendances than this one

6 minutes ago, Turbored said:

Spin it all they want but currently on those figures we are 20% down in total sale so that makes 1 in 5 people still not renewing or not going to. Last year total 14.5k sales so far 11.5k a difference of 3k.

But there hasnt been a total sale allowed yet, just renewals within the early bird section?? I'll bet we'll get near this seasons total, and surpass it once SL gets Tammy in for £15m!! :clapping:

11 minutes ago, Turbored said:

Where did your "14.5k" number come from?

The club reported 13,670: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/season-card-sales-reach-record-high-3294417.aspx

29 minutes ago, lenred said:

I fail to see how our worst ever losing run, coupled with survival by the skin of our teeth 'fades into the bigger picture of the overall season'. I personally think that those two things are the 'bigger picture' (and let's hope there's not a worse story to come!). Out of the 7 regulars I go with, every single one has renewed but every single one hold the same view, that LJ should not be our manager.  Think you'll find a large proportion of other ST holders who would share that view too.   However him being manager has not and will not preclude us from buying a ST and supporting our club. No one person and all that...........

Let's see if survival is by the skin of our teeth. We don't know yet. We could potentially finish in a better position than last season. 

Doesn't make this season a good un tho!

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Where did your "14.5k" number come from?

The club reported 13,670: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/season-card-sales-reach-record-high-3294417.aspx

And even then, that article was written SEVEN GAMES into the football season, where did Turbored get his numbers from indeed.

1 hour ago, Robin 101 said:

Does mean that 600 odd people have decided not to renew so far. Probably not a sign of a boycott but still a number

There will of course be some in that 600 that aren't renewing because of Lee Johnson. But there will be a myriad of other reasons too - moving away, finances, change of job, and various other change of circumstances. There would be some natural variation year-on-year anyway, irrespective of what's happening on the pitch. Far from there being a boycott, to be within 5% of last season's total (at this stage) - which had the added benefit of being the first in the new ground - doesn't suggest any sort of significant groundswell of opinion against the club. It's suggests, broadly speaking, that the fans are still with the club. As I said earlier, this will be inconvenient for some.

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There will of course be some in that 600 that aren't renewing because of Lee Johnson. But there will be a myriad of other reasons too - moving away, finances, change of job, and various other change of circumstances. There would be some natural variation year-on-year anyway, irrespective of what's happening on the pitch. Far from there being a boycott, to be within 5% of last season's total (at this stage) - which had the added benefit of being the first in the new ground - doesn't suggest any sort of significant groundswell of opinion against the club. It's suggests, broadly speaking, that the fans are still with the club. As I said earlier, this will be inconvenient for some.

Perhaps do you not think perhaps, that the completion of a new ground gave a year or so extra time for some people to save up and become a season ticket holder just because of a new ground?? its entirely plausible.

1 minute ago, reddoh said:

I've got one but I don't know where the dressing room is , I don't know why I want too know where it is as I don't wear a dress!

In school its called the changing room... there are many things we could come from that ie, changing into women, changing into robots, changing into the lizard people that have roamed underground for 500yrs.

Its a "Dressing" room, get over it.

Just now, CrazyInWeston said:

In school its called the changing room... there are many things we could come from that ie, changing into women, changing into robots, changing into the lizard people that have roamed underground for 500yrs.

Its a "Dressing" room, get over it.

I am well over it , it was obviously a very poor attempt at humour I would explain it to you but then even I would know fell like a lead balloon.

8 hours ago, allyolly said:

Let's see if survival is by the skin of our teeth. We don't know yet. We could potentially finish in a better position than last season. 

Doesn't make this season a good un tho!

Fair play AO. But not knowing whether we're safe with only 2 games to go is skin of our teeth stuff for me. Here's hoping it's done and dusted by the time we walk out on Saturday tea time! 

If I'm reading this correctly then;

We are 5% down at the same time last year , but against the final figure ( we agree now it's 13,600?) 15% . 
Now depending on your agenda that is a sizeable number that,15% proves there is a boycott of sorts or people are genuinely pissed off with the current state of affairs. Or 5% is a tiny percentage and usual variation . 
I think it's somewhere in the middle. Many are fed up and did not renew in the window, of those some may be waiting for confirmation of Championship status before committing a substantial amount of money on what could easily have been Div 1 football. 
11,500 is decent ,and against the final figure last year of 13,600 still has best part of 3 months of potential sales to get nearer that total. We could easily sell another 1,500 ST's , a couple of 'GOOD' signings and hold onto our nucleus and (as usually happens) optimism during the summer grows, we could even match this year. 
If you're wondering what camp I'm in. I only renewed as my mates did, and really that's falling into old habits, but I was close to cancelling the DD I was THAT pissed off ! I want LJ gone and it will take a massive and prolonged period of success to change my opinion . Not scraping up with 2 games to go by playing OK against poor teams or ones that have wobbled in form. Surely no one can be happy with this season , and wherever we finish this year it has been a failure and a waste of a year. 
Now we have a squad, in numbers at least, let's see if with a few additions and a couple out Steve's man can come good and get some regular performances out of them. 

I think some people are being a bit dismissive of comparing sales to date now v total ST sales last year. 

Everyone who bought a season ticket last year had the opportunity to renew. Of that what percentage took up that offer is a MUCH better barometer than how many did we sell at the same point last year. Comparing sales to date between last year and this is like comparing apples and pears - it doesn't really tell us much. It's simply timing of purchase. 

But even then, 2,000 or 15% down from existing customers, some who possibly could not afford early bird, missed deadline, were reasonably waiting to see what League we will be in; even still that sounds rather impressive.

I think there is a lot of spin in how this is reported - using relatively incomparable data to suggest a theme - where it didn't need to be because the bones is still a really good story. 

Archived