IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Barnsley Match Day Thread

After three home wins on the bounce, no reason we can not make it four.

We have shown when we get a goal up, we can play some decent stuff. We have also shown when things start going wrong the nerves kick in, and all the pressure is on us today. Other than throwing a two nil away at Wigan, Barnsley have beaten everyone below us away, bar a draw at Burton, so no real reason to believe it will be easy. If a team like Wolves with nothing to play for can win at Leeds last week, then it shows the nothing to play for crowd are no push overs. Also a real shame it looks like Little is out as it means changing what was starting to be a well settled back four.

A day also for keeping a keen eye on other results. Wolves at home to Blackburn (seen a fair few Wolves fans saying they would not be to gutted to lose, because Birmingham). Forest at home to Reading, who need points still to secure a play off, as do Leeds at Burton. Birmingham at Villa of all places tomorrow. All of us at the bottom will I am sure also be plastic Wolves fans for the day. Newcastle Aldo play twice before we play Brighton, so still possible Brighton are Champions by the time we get there.

Hopefully the key decisions go our way today, we take our chances, and they miss theirs. From memory a game that has had plenty of goals. A nervous 2-1 to us. 

Edited by cityexile
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Just for once, all those who like posting negative comments STFU. Keep the faith. Believe that 3 points will happen today.

Just for once, all those who like to dictate what people can post STFU. Keep your head. Believe that is a free country again today. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

I bought a new shirt before the Wolves match. (it was supposed to be for work, but as the weather was nice on that Saturday it got an early outing). It  is currently a lucky shirt and is washed, ironed and ready to go. Pretty sad from a 42 year old, but what would happen if I didn't wear it. Our worst fears could end up being all my fault!!

Don't you know that you don't wash lucky clothing - too late now. It'll all be your fault if this afternoon goes pear shaped ;)

• Like 1
Just now, RumRed said:

You're making me feel better so thanks!

Blackburn are away at Wolves, at home to Villa then finish away at Brentford.

It is the nature of fans that if you follow Blackburn you cannot see yourself winning any. If you are a fan of City, Birmingham, Forest or Burton, they all look winnable...

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Good day everyone on match day 44 and the first time Lee Johnson will meet his old club. That should be another exciting affair then.

Barnsley, not exactly Barcelona yet perhaps over 20,000 fans will attend today's match as I understand it. Well lets see. I have nothing but the highest of admiration for all those going regardless. It just goes to prove that if you build a magnificent new set of stands to accommodate more fans they will come; City is a club that we all know deserves top flight football and all true fans are right behind what the owner is trying to achieve. The only disconnect is his poor choice of managers. Time and again he has got it wrong or he has fired the manager too soon or too late. yet of course he is far from alone; in fact he is in the majority in that most football club owners fail. By definition it will always be thus. Perhaps the law of averages though is tilting toward BCFC failing a bit too much vis a vis money invested. Most would not argue with that. Steve does not like the abuse many dish out in his direction. Neither would you or I but that is the nature of the modern game if the fans feel strongly that there is a disconnect. No doubt that will all be put to one side for the rest of the season and for the first few games into the new season and, assuming we are above half way, it should remain that way. All of that being said I believe a lot of fans have so switched off to Lee Johnson that nothing short of promotion next season will convince them that this man is an acceptable manager for the club. And I am sure he will have the tools at his disposal in the close season. 

For the remaining three matches, all against teams with the most popular first letter in the game, most calculate that 4 points should be enough to keep us up; perhaps even 3 will do. It will be a very exciting and, at times, perhaps nervous run in. I suppose we at least have that to relish or bite our nails to instead of a boring mid table end to the campaign. City are a club that rarely does mid table, certainly not in recent times.

I have to say I am running out of things to say as this dreadful season draws to a close. Perhaps I will find some inspiration for the final match and be reinvigorated come the new season but if not I will do the honourable thing and stand down; something too few people do in the game today! Enjoy the game folks. UTC.

I suspect an increase in SBO  sales today . 

Hoping for a very nervous afternoon and with my profits I can buy a small African country .

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Like 1

I thought Barnsley were very impressive at their place this season, played some cracking football first half. The winger Ryan Kent was excellent and tore Matthews a new one (standing 10 yards off him and letting him run at us didn't help) 

I expect this to be a really tough game 

Edited by Donkeeebles

Last stop of our holiday today brings us to Cartagena (Spain not Colombia). 

Saw this yacht for any boat enthusiasts. It's imaginatively entitled "Sailing Yacht A" an is owned by a Russian billionaire. It cost £260m.

I'm hoping for a win today and probable safety. Barnsley had their heart ripped out by the January transfer window and should be a much easier task then previously. It'd worry me if I were a Barnsley fan. They're evidently good at spotting talent, but it's a hard skill to have to rely on. 

IMG_6467.JPG

36 minutes ago, Rascal said:

If we take our chances we'll beat ya, but we won't so it'll be a draw 

Woah,woah, woah.....! Hold your horses their for a minute. Suns shining and Tammy is electric so can't see anything other than a win for us today. I think you're right in saying we're safe now, thank god! Here's to a good game. I've always had a soft spot for Barnsley so I'm glad that you lot had a decent first season back.