IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Barnsley Match Day Thread

5 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Just for once, all those who like to dictate what people can post STFU. Keep your head. Believe that is a free country again today. 

What are you even talking about? You seem  to have contradicted yourself with your own posting. 

44 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Whichever way you think about it, or the reasons for it, 10 points out of the last 12 is a phenomenal turnaround.

Well done everyone connected with the team, and long may it continue.

13 points from a possible 19 I make it - previously we had accrued the same number of points from something like a possible 70.

When Barnsley went 2-1 up, only weeks ago, City would have lost that game. It's a new & improved City now.

Looking at tonight's table it's pleasing to see the likes of Forest & QPR beneath us. It's doubtful I admit, but is possible that Ipswich and or Wolves could yet be overtaken. By finishing 16th, that puts City in the middle rather than bottom third of the table. That makes City more attractive to potential players and sponsors. I believe we also get more money from the League the higher up we finish. COYR!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cynic said:

He's an armchair critic mate - like a few more on here.

Not only that, but he's lived abroad for years, hasn't watched a game in the flesh for years and provides his analysis courtesy of listening to radio commentaries.

I have great respect for expats who use OTIB to follow their club, but not when they presume to explain what is going on to those of us who are actually in the ground!

13 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Swindon in the basement for the first time since '85-86 I believe.

Took them 23 years to fall all the way from the top level to the bottom rung - amateurs...

I get your point about amateurs, but I think they've been in the bottom tier more recently. Not so long back they played Bradford, another former Prem club in the fourth div. It was a quiz question at the time

Excellent second half. Credit to LJ and the team for turning it around.

At about 2pm there were 5-6 Barnsley fans walking down North St chanting obnoxiously and unnecessarily about Bristol being a s***hole (oh the irony), trying to intimidate families going about their business. Big men. Glad their journey home will feel longer after a defeat.

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Quick question and don't want to be a party pooper but are we now mathematically safe ? I don't think so but could be very wrong (I hope)

Not quite, but even if they won both their games Blackburn would need to overturn a deficit of 9 goals, which is pretty unlikely.

Edited by The Dolman Pragmatist
2 minutes ago, 22A said:

I get your point about amateurs, but I think they've been in the bottom tier more recently. Not so long back they played Bradford, another former Prem club in the fourth div. It was a quiz question at the time

You're right. I don't remember that at all. Nice feeling to realise Swine Town have been relegated twice in one day.

Just now, Offside said:

At about 2pm there were 5-6 Barnsley fans walking down North St chanting obnoxiously and unnecessarily about Bristol being a s***hole (oh the irony), trying to intimidate families going about their business. Big men. Glad their journey home will feel longer after a defeat.

I went to Barnsley College for two years in the 1990s - I reckon they meant it as a compliment...

• Like 5
Just now, Rascal said:

Brilliant game of football very entertaining, and you got the right outcome in the end, did any of you notice our manager when we scored opener ? Told his players to out the ball, then shakes his head as his players run towards him after it went in, the blokes class. 

If this happened, that is classy. I'm not doubting youre right btw

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Jacki said:

What a fantastic second half, unbelievable after the way we played in the first. Great result, great atmosphere, happy days

The word that came to my mind was 'heroic'.  To recover from a goal down twice, and to see Bailey Wright apologising for his error and then the team fighting so hard to get back on top had me welling up.

4 minutes ago, Offside said:

We've all got them, unfortunately.

Well done today. Thought we had you for a while.

• Like 3
Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Accept that - would be the biggest clusterf***k ever to mess it up from hers

Need to avoid a spanking at Brighton but can't see Blackburn winning both their games anyway :dancing6:

I think we'll be okay but just to be safe let's cancel the pitch invasion at Wycombe, yeah? ;) 

• Like 4
Just now, WessexPest said:

I think we'll be okay but just to be safe let's cancel the pitch invasion at Wycombe, yeah? ;) 

Think we can quietly look forward to Birmingham for

Finally,  getting a chance to acknowledge , and thank Cotts

Say a massive Thankyou and farewell to Tammy Abraham

We are likely to see a lot of nervy Brum fans , still not safe and may even see some earl drama as a final topping !! ;)

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think we can quietly look forward to Birmingham for

Finally,  getting a chance to acknowledge , and thank Cotts

Say a massive Thankyou and farewell to Tammy Abraham

We are likely to see a lot of nervy Brum fans , still not safe and may even see some earl drama as a final topping !! ;)

Can you imagine going into a local derby tomorrow in their position? That game will be no prisoners. Great for the neutral, hell for them.