IGNORED

Second half

ChippenhamRed

Amazing spirit shown by all once again. Can't praise the players or management enough for their efforts over the last few months. An amazing response to the difficult position we were in. To come back from behind twice today just epitomises the fighting spirit they've been showing and the fact that they've got their confidence back. 4 home wins on the bounce now.

58 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Imagine boycotting that.

Some people stand by their principles is my guess and this season has given many plenty of time to question the coach, owner and so called 'board'.  I'm sure all are happy with the victory though!  When will people realise that the boycotts are not just down to results though? :grr:

That being said I will be at the Amex.

Just now, RumRed said:

Some people stand by their principles is my guess and this season has given many plenty of time to question the coach, owner and so called 'board'.  I'm sure all are happy with the victory though!  When will people realise that the boycotts are not just down to results though? :grr:

That being said I will be at the Amex.

Appreciate the principles point - but if the boycott isn't about results, are you saying the people would still be boycotting if LJ had us in the play offs? Bit of a stretch.

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Have to give LJ credit. That was a different team second half.

Don't what he said but it certainly worked. A completely different performance second half.

A classic example of  "a game of two halves"...    

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Appreciate the principles point - but if the boycott isn't about results, are you saying the people would still be boycotting if LJ had us in the play offs? Bit of a stretch.

To be fair probably not, but it was the manner of the mid season debacle and the way our owner spoke that has done the most damage in my eyes.  It's like the fit, rich, girlfriend you had that ripped you to shreds in front of your mates when pissed one night.  You try to stay with them but they are forever tainted and you know it will end at some point.

Unfortunately BCFC are less easy to let go of than women.

1 hour ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I really do hope we push on next season, even if its to be a midtable championship club... be interesting to see how the 'boycotters' react if there is real progression

Well we might see if there is real progression, for me it depends on whether he can ship out some of his own players and actually bring in quality like full backs, a midfielder with pace and of course a striker, without that wish list expect more of the same.

Next two games could be interesting

Important we don't take our foot off the gas and turn in a decent performance in both

Keep the momentum going and use the games as a dress rshears  ready for next season

Especially Brighton - with the pressure off we should be seeing if we can go there and do a job on them as we will need to be able to if we are to progress at this level 

I can only agree that the second half was worth of the ticket price. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

However, did it not remind you of the first few homes games of the season ? Poor first half, go behind, then rally in th second half to win !

Taylor was man of the match for me, but Tammy, Patterson and Flint were on their game. Brownhill and Pack were below par but ground it out.

Mr Wellspokenman is somewhat relieved and happy this evening. Well done boys !!!

43 minutes ago, cynic said:

I'm looking forward to more of the same as the last 8 games.

(PNE aside of course)

Well having just watched the highlights, if the type of pathetic midfield and defensive display for the goals conceded and other near misses carries on against better sides than Barnsley next season, god help us.

Archived