IGNORED

Referee

Red Army 75

Can't blame the ref for that first goal - you play to the bloody whistle, the ref did not have a magic freeze/crap defending spray that he suddenly used on us resulting in that goal (and in fairness Barnsley probably deserved it up to that point). Bryan was also guilty of going down a few times before this incident when he lost possession looking for a freekick, it came back and bit him on the ass.

Thank god for that 2nd half performance, as at half time I thought we were likely to get badly turned over today.

Thought tackle on Brownhill could've been red. Not to call a foul was a joke. The Bryan one again I thought was a foul. The only one with eyes for the ball and trying to win it and the ref let's it go on. It was maddening. He was quite poor the ref. 

Bryan landed very awkwardly, it wasn't a feint or pretend response, i think everyone could see that.

However the ref didn't even look back to check which is amazingly negligent and frankly i hope the club report him for that.

He was let off the hook by the 2nd half performance.

That and the handball in the first half - he was truly shit e

As I saw it, Bryan fell awkwardly after a 50-50 tackle. No foul as both players were going for the ball. The ref had no reason to stop play as it wasn't a head injury. As usual, with any home match for any team, the crowd leap up and shout for a foul. Most are nowhere near the incident so can't see it properly , but crowd rules take over, so blame the ref. The ref's assistant didn't see anything wrong with the challenge either. 

The moral of this is play to the whistle. City didn't and were punished. Being naive is a long standing trait for City that gets the team punished 

18 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As I saw it, Bryan fell awkwardly after a 50-50 tackle. No foul as both players were going for the ball. The ref had no reason to stop play as it wasn't a head injury. As usual, with any home match for any team, the crowd leap up and shout for a foul. Most are nowhere near the incident so can't see it properly , but crowd rules take over, so blame the ref. The ref's assistant didn't see anything wrong with the challenge either. 

The moral of this is play to the whistle. City didn't and were punished. Being naive is a long standing trait for City that gets the team punished 

Welcome to OTIB Mr Referee. 

34 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He was taken out with a forearm while he was on the ball, at the same place as Josh had been five minutes earlier.

Add to that his dismissal of the most blatant handball penalty call I've seen (what has someone got to do to be penalised for that? catch the bloody ball?!) and his no card for the waist-high kung fu kick on Patterson. He didn't even take them 10 paces back for free kicks, as he did for us.

I've never seen a bigger clown officiating - and his linesmen were just as bad. 

We were definitely playing 12 men today.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

He was taken out with a forearm while he was on the ball, at the same place as Josh had been five minutes earlier.

Add to that his dismissal of the most blatant handball penalty call I've seen (what has someone got to do to be penalised for that? catch the bloody ball?!) and his no card for the waist-high kung fu kick on Patterson. He didn't even take them 10 paces back for free kicks, as he did for us.

I've never seen a bigger clown officiating - and his linesmen were just as bad. 

We were definitely playing 12 men today.

He was absolutely shocking. It's just a good job this didn't cost us today, The penalty, the foul on Bryan, the yellow at least on Brownhill and there were others. Terrible performance. Maybe it was just a bad day at the office, they are human. I suppose

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

He was absolutely shocking. It's just a good job this didn't cost us today, The penalty, the foul on Bryan, the yellow at least on Brownhill and there were others. Terrible performance. Maybe it was just a bad day at the office, they are human. I suppose

I'm not sure in the case of that****!   ;)

The only thing he did in our favour was not fall for that blatant dive in the second half. But even that should have been a yellow for simulation.

18 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

The first job of the referee is to ensure the safety of the players.

Letting the challenges on Bryan and Brownhill go I would say he failed to do his job.

The job of the referee is to enforce the laws of the game. Referees should not stop play after a tackle that they have deemed to be fair, unless it is a head injury or another serious injury that requires immediate attention. I thought the tackle on Brownhill was definitely a foul, but once the referee decided that it wasn't, there was no reason for him to stop the game, as  Brownhill wasn't seriously injured. Same with the Bryan tackle, not sufficient to stop the game.  What I never find to be amazing on the forum is the reaction when City come up against a tough well organised team. It's always blame the ref or the manager (usual Neil Warnock). It's about time City, and the supporters, unwhimped (I just made up that word)

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

The job of the referee is to enforce the laws of the game. Referees should not stop play after a tackle that they have deemed to be fair, unless it is a head injury or another serious injury that requires immediate attention. I thought the tackle on Brownhill was definitely a foul, but once the referee decided that it wasn't, there was no reason for him to stop the game, as  Brownhill wasn't seriously injured. Same with the Bryan tackle, not sufficient to stop the game.  What I never find to be amazing on the forum is the reaction when City come up against a tough well organised team. It's always blame the ref or the manager (usual Neil Warnock). It's about time City, and the supporters, unwhimped (I just made up that word)

It was a definite foul on Joe, the Barnsley player made absolutely no attempt to play the ball. As for it not being a head injury, not sure he could have judged that, as Joe had no control on his landing as he had been knocked off balance whilst in the air. Very poor decision by an incompetent official.

Archived