IGNORED

Referee

Red Army 75

Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

It was a definite foul on Joe, the Barnsley player made absolutely no attempt to play the ball. As for it not being a head injury, not sure he could have judged that, as Joe had no control on his landing as he had been knocked off balance whilst in the air. Very poor decision by an incompetent official.

Also, obviously head injuries are life threatening but other injuries are if not that server are still least agonisingly painful, dislocated joints and fractures etc. The ref had no concern for the welfare of the players and was neglectful. He also missed lots, fouls, handballs, the highly pushes in the back etc. A very poor game from him which made the players frustrated enough to want to take the law into their own hands as they didn't trust him. 

Yet again the linesmen were terrible as well. Whilst there have been a couple of half decent refs at the Gate this season, all of the line'os, at least in front of the Dolman where I sit, have been absolutely useless and seen reluctant to flag for anything until after the ref has blown his whistle. *****

I'm not usually overally critical of referees but the officials today had an absolute stinker. The tackle on Brownhill was borderline red but not even to give a foul, then to fail to see if he required treatment for about 30 seconds whilst city players protested was shocking and in doing so he failed in his duty to ensure player safety - Brownhill was lucky not to have his ankle snapped in half.

Also the handball in the 1st half, jeez their centre half was practically wearing goalie gloves. Dreadful performance.

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

He was taken out with a forearm while he was on the ball, at the same place as Josh had been five minutes earlier.

Add to that his dismissal of the most blatant handball penalty call I've seen (what has someone got to do to be penalised for that? catch the bloody ball?!) and his no card for the waist-high kung fu kick on Patterson. He didn't even take them 10 paces back for free kicks, as he did for us.

I've never seen a bigger clown officiating - and his linesmen were just as bad. 

We were definitely playing 12 men today.

This.

He was ******* abysmal.

He had no intention of ever cracking down on Barnsley's time wasting (which had started at 0-0), let them take throws as far up the pitch as they liked and they were on occasions about 6 yards away when we took a free kick. 

When you add his inability to see the shocking tackle on Brownhill that was right in front of him, his refusal to stop play when Bryan was clearly hurt and not booking their 15 for an identical foul to one that he booked Pack for just afterwards, he was one of monumentally shit or blatantly biased.

Officials had a total shit game, worst decisions seen for a while, Tammy brownhill and Brian - it's not going to change as long as the country wide reporting is as shite as the officials are - today's bad decisions were game changers but channel 5 coverage and BBC live managed to miss everyone of them

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The job of the referee is to enforce the laws of the game. Referees should not stop play after a tackle that they have deemed to be fair, unless it is a head injury or another serious injury that requires immediate attention. I thought the tackle on Brownhill was definitely a foul, but once the referee decided that it wasn't, there was no reason for him to stop the game, as  Brownhill wasn't seriously injured. Same with the Bryan tackle, not sufficient to stop the game.  What I never find to be amazing on the forum is the reaction when City come up against a tough well organised team. It's always blame the ref or the manager (usual Neil Warnock). It's about time City, and the supporters, unwhimped (I just made up that word)

If you are going to make up words you should at least spell them correctly.

I'm not sure how you and the ref knew that Brownhill wasn't seriously injured.  The tackle was a proper leg (ankle) breaker.

I thought the Bryan foul was more debatable but looked like a foul only having seen it once.  As per usual, our midfield backed off and then a soft shot went past Fielding (again).

6 hours ago, Antman said:

Bryan landed very awkwardly, it wasn't a feint or pretend response, i think everyone could see that.

However the ref didn't even look back to check which is amazingly negligent and frankly i hope the club report him for that.

He was let off the hook by the 2nd half performance.

That and the handball in the first half - he was truly shit e

Which handball? There were 3 or 4. Apparently it is ok to fall in the way of a cross and use your arm to block the ball. It's also ok to run into a player who is 4 feet off the ground winning a header, you can also go in late and high. All fine 

Archived