IGNORED

Matt Taylor

class not gas

He has started 7 games for us. We have W4 D2 L1. I don't think that's a coincidence. Obviously our recent form coincides with a variety of factors and good performances from numerous players, but I don't think you can underestimate the role Matty has played in it. His work on and off the ball has been tremendous. A shame he hasn't been able to grab a few goals, moreso for the fact that he deserves them than it being an issue, but he hasn't let that get to him and has continued to do great work off the ball and in setting other players up.

Well done Matty (and the rest of the squad!).

4 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Just needed a goal for a perfect performance, thought he was outstanding today.

Absolutely brilliant signing. He was fantastic. Deserved a goal and movement excellent. Always looking for the ball. Both him and Paterson revelations. 

Really excellent performance from the snake today. Could see the value in the nuisance factor in recent weeks but had the impression his ball skills were really quite limited. Based on today, not so. Really am excited by him and Djuric plus one or two more. 

It'd be remiss not to mention Tammy today though. That was the best I've seen him yet I think. Good skill, good awareness, tireless running and absolutely flawless hold up play particularly at the end. 

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

If all the comments above were about Patterson I would agree. Personally I thought Taylor put in a shift but showed very little apart from effort. Three of us went and all said the same.

How are Harpo and Chico?

29 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

He has started 7 games for us. We have W4 D2 L1. I don't think that's a coincidence. Obviously our recent form coincides with a variety of factors and good performances from numerous players, but I don't think you can underestimate the role Matty has played in it. His work on and off the ball has been tremendous. A shame he hasn't been able to grab a few goals, moreso for the fact that he deserves them than it being an issue, but he hasn't let that get to him and has continued to do great work off the ball and in setting other players up.

Well done Matty (and the rest of the squad!).

£300,000 well spent .

Still makes me laugh .

One of the few highlights of this difficult season.

22 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If all the comments above were about Patterson I would agree. Personally I thought Taylor put in a shift but showed very little apart from effort. Three of us went and all said the same.

That's disappointing then. I assume you all stopped watching when his first couple of passes went astray? 

I think the way he comes short and links with the midfield has been key to us getting our passing game going.

I am genuinely surprised at the quality of his movement.

27 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

you must have spent most of your time on the concourse!

31 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Absolutely brilliant signing. He was fantastic. Deserved a goal and movement excellent. Always looking for the ball. Both him and Paterson revelations. 

They are playing as 2 old fashioned inside forwards it seems. An interesting development, similar to Pedro and Hazard at Chelsea.

From what I've seen he is a very intelligent football player - by that I mean he knows just where to be, he's a sod for a defender to mark, clever little nudges on defenders when the ball is in the air etc etc - makes it very hard to play against him and that has definitely created space for others in the team.

A few goals will cement his reputation as a City player and I still think he could turn into the absolute bargain of the century for a Championship player.

Said it from day 1 and I'll say it again. He runs around like he's got a fly up his backside. Defenders just don't know where to put themselves. Mark him and the other City strikers utilise the space, or ignore him and he sets up a goal.

One full pre-season and with Djuric alongside him, getting the balls in the air and I think we'll have a quality striking partnership.

£300k for what was in essence a diversionary tactic but has turned into an absolute bonus. 

Rovers fans will be absolutely seething tonight... 

*HHHHHIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Work rate is fantastic, think he needs to adjust to this level, the Championship is a big step up from League 1 as we've all seen.

Exactly. His entire career has been lower league, so in terms of Championship football he's a novice youngster. I hate the expression "one for the future" but he definitely is one. He just needs one goal and off he'll go

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Good number of assists so far. 

Exactly. It's what he enables others to do that is his strength.

I thought he'd be a greedy, quite lazy player who goes and hides from what I understood from the Gas comments. Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Archived