IGNORED

Matt Taylor

class not gas

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Agard .

No, no, and thrice no! Agard had the unique ability of letting the ball bounce of his shins at totally unpredictable angles. I've never seen anyone else who could do this 

Was saying to the people around me that he's just a fraction off at the moment.  He works so hard and is a much better player than I thought we were getting.  Next season I honestly think he'll be banging in the goals for us.

Mind you some of the old guys near by think he's rubbish... No pleasing some people!

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That's disappointing then. I assume you all stopped watching when his first couple of passes went astray? 

I think the way he comes short and links with the midfield has been key to us getting our passing game going.

I am genuinely surprised at the quality of his movement.

Great post, the middle bit is spot on 

First half was average at best but as has already been pointed out he wasn't alone there. Still haven't seen if he could have got to the ball across the goal from Bryan, sat in SS so couldn't tell at the time. 

Second half he was as good as any performance I've seen in a City shirt this season. His touch was superb, he held onto the ball and linked play really well. Thought it was a really mature performance from a player still trying to adjust to the championship. 

Today in Tammy and Taylor it really felt like we had an established quality front pairing, they both worked for each other and linked up really well. I thought either were deserving of the man of the match award

5 hours ago, SecretSam said:

What I have seen of him, he looks good: hard work, shows well, draws defenders. More to come, I think.  He reminds me of someone, another City player from years gone by, can't put a name on him tho'

Prob not who you're thinking about but he reminds me a bit of Liam Robinson 

Looks more of an attacking midfielder than an out and out striker at mo

He haven't done anything to impress yet. 

Poor in terms of his technical ability and his link play is poor  , he has a heavy first touch , he always seems out of position and his finishing is abysmal.

Poor signing not good enough at this level, I expect a lot more next season from him.

His link play is very laboured , slow and deliberate. 

He puts a shift in and is committed but he is not the answer to replace Tammy next season. We need to go out and spend £10 million on a striker to keep us in this league or find another Tammy.

With the best will on the world Matt Taylor can't hack it at this level.

2 hours ago, bs3 said:

He haven't done anything to impress yet. 

Poor in terms of his technical ability and his link play is poor  , he has a heavy first touch , he always seems out of position and his finishing is abysmal.

Poor signing not good enough at this level, I expect a lot more next season from him.

7 starts 2 goals 4 assists. Suggests he definatley can hack it and he hasn't even had time to adjust to it yet.

Archived