IGNORED

Matt Taylor

class not gas

6 hours ago, bs3 said:

He haven't done anything to impress yet. 

Poor in terms of his technical ability and his link play is poor  , he has a heavy first touch , he always seems out of position and his finishing is abysmal.

Poor signing not good enough at this level, I expect a lot more next season from him.

Remember what we've payed for him. £300k. That means that one Tammy buys you about 50 Taylors. At that price, he doesn't have to be Messi to be considered a good signing. If he adds anything to the squad at all then the purchase is justified. I thought he was excellent yesterday and would easily justify a much higher fee in the current market.

So certainly not a "poor signing", which is clearly nonsense.

7 hours ago, bs3 said:

He haven't done anything to impress yet. 

Poor in terms of his technical ability and his link play is poor  , he has a heavy first touch , he always seems out of position and his finishing is abysmal.

Poor signing not good enough at this level, I expect a lot more next season from him.

Exactly.

So you were defending yourself by saying you didn't call him a shit player, then proceed to say he was a little later. Also, every player that ever was has had at least one poor game in their life. Why you felt the need to start a thread about one game he played not so well in, is beyond me. 

10 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

First half was average at best but as has already been pointed out he wasn't alone there. Still haven't seen if he could have got to the ball across the goal from Bryan, sat in SS so couldn't tell at the time. 

Second half he was as good as any performance I've seen in a City shirt this season. His touch was superb, he held onto the ball and linked play really well. Thought it was a really mature performance from a player still trying to adjust to the championship. 

Today in Tammy and Taylor it really felt like we had an established quality front pairing, they both worked for each other and linked up really well. I thought either were deserving of the man of the match award

I'm looking forward to seeing MT and Duric, they looked good a couple of months ago before Milan got injured.

8 hours ago, bs3 said:

His link play is very laboured , slow and deliberate. 

He puts a shift in and is committed but he is not the answer to replace Tammy next season. We need to go out and spend £10 million on a striker to keep us in this league or find another Tammy.

With the best will on the world Matt Taylor can't hack it at this level.

I dont know if we are watching the same player here - he is no Tammy - but then name me a current championship 19 year old striker who has Tammy's ability?

I agree we will need a replacement for Tammy and I agree it is not Matt Taylor - but I haven't seen anything that says he was bought to replace Tammy - he complements our forward line and Taylor and Patterson have been a major influence in our recent upturn in results.

You could easily pick out most of the team during our dire run and say none of them were giving signs of hacking it at this level - however now they are now growing into the roles - I know its your opinion, to which you are very entitled, but to single out Matt Taylor and say he can't hack it at this level is smacking to me as just non acceptance of an ex Rovers player and that makes no sense to me at all.

17 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm looking forward to seeing MT and Duric, they looked good a couple of months ago before Milan got injured.

I see LJ said he considered bringing Djuric on when Roberts went off but decided not to because Tammy and Matt were playing so well. I imagine Djuric will get some action in the last 2 games.

Archived