IGNORED

Is it safe to talk about next season?

brizzlelou

Now we're pretty much safe, who do you all see staying and what kind of player do you see coming in? I have this strange feeling that LJ won't be here. That's not me bashing him as I think him and the players have done a cracking job in turning things around but me thinking that he might just want to get out whilst he's ahead. Could see a league one team that miss out on promotion this year taking him on. Maybe Fleetwood should Uwe go? Would be the most sensible option in his career to take a step back in my opinion. Again, not LJ bashing. He's a top bloke in my opinion and one day could be a great coach, just a feeling I have.

Be amazed if LJ wasn't here, for whatever reason. 

Now we've survived 2 seasons in the Championship, tis the time to start our serious progression.  I don't know at this stage how the club do it, but next step is to banish the fight against relegation - and for us all, not to be carried away if the summer recruitment seems spectacular.

The Championship is a very tough, competitive league, and we have to find the way to become top 12 outfit, with hopes of top 6.

LJ will be here 100%.

SL was willing to gamble our Championship status on keeping him so little doubt he'll be in the dugout at the start of next season. 

If SL was thinking rationally then of course the very sensible and proactive decision would be to relieve him of his duties after the Birmingham game and start the recruitment process for a new head coach who can give us a realistic chance of success next season.

This sadly won't happen and as a result we are destined to struggle next season in what I think could be an even stronger Championship division.

Tammy has kept us up and the thought of LJ in charge and the inevitably that we won't be able to find a comparable replacement for Tammy should worry SL and all City fans alike.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

LJ will be here 100%.

SL was willing to gamble our Championship status on keeping him so little doubt he'll be in the dugout at the start of next season. 

If SL was thinking rationally then of course the very sensible and proactive decision would be to relieve him of his duties after the Birmingham game and start the recruitment process for a new head coach who can give us a realistic chance of success next season.

This sadly won't happen and as a result we are destined to struggle next season in what I think could be an even stronger Championship division.

Tammy has kept us up and the thought of LJ in charge and the inevitably that we won't be able to find a comparable replacement for Tammy should worry SL and all City fans alike.

Condensed version

We're still ******

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

I have a funny feeling he won't around next season . He's weathered the storm and it wouldn't surprise me if he leaves during the summer on his own terms to concentrate on other business matters!!

The only way that'll happen is if LJ himself thinks that he's not cut out to be a manager and I'm very confident that that won't happen.

As already posted LJ will be here next season 100%. 

Our only hope is that he has learnt from his mistakes this season and will become a more skilled manager because of it.

As posted elsewhere, Tammy's success here will be a huge advantage for us when it comes to signing other young starlets on loan in the future.

As for LJ, he's had a tough season and made lots of mistakes.  However, I think he'll learn from those mistakes and given support in the transfer/loan market and the core of good young players he already has at his disposal, I can see a significant improvement next season.

Archived