IGNORED

Lee Johnson

Bs4Red

I think this man deserves a thread of his own. Now I have been very much LJ in all season and many disagreed but what a tough man to go through the results he has and come out the other side. The last 6 weeks we have played some unbelievable football and have started to show what LJ has been working towards all season. 

I know many dislike him etc but I really hope people will see the transformation of this team and that not only the players but also LJ has begun to learn from his mistakes. We have improved on last season and although slightly disappointing we can now build for another season in the championship 

YOU REDS

12 games or so since losing at home to Fulham when I wanted him gone.

Credit where it is due, we've been top 10 form since then, we'd be hailing a new manager a hero if he'd picked up those results. I dare say we've picked up more points in the last 12 games then Blackburn have under new manager Mowbray and Forest have under new manager Warburton too.

The question is then, what changed?

Admirable how he has responded so well to the criticism (which was justified as he himself accepted) and abuse from some (which wasn't justified) by getting on with his job and turning it around when it takes so much to turn the tide when on such a run. For someone who his biggest critics claim is out of his depth at this level, he's done an amazing job in getting us on such a run of form after the whole club had such low confidence and a negative atmosphere, there was so much pressure on him.

The way I see it, he did fantastic when he took over from February up until November, we then went on a torrid run until March and then we've been doing brilliantly again over the last two months. The majority of his time here, he's done a very good job. I'm sure he will have learned a lot in his first full season at this level as a manager, particularly from the losing run. Now we're all but mathematically safe, I am looking forward to next season and so happy to see our form over recent months.

I disagree that many dislike him. I think the majority that even felt he had to go, always wanted him to do well and will be happy to see us and Lee moving upwards recently. It's just a few that have a clear dislike for him. Those who refuse to give him any credit who are evident in their writings on here. Most fans have been supportive at games considering our form and the supposed boycotts and protests were close to non-existent.

Only fair to give LJ credit when it is due and now that we're safe, he deserves praise for our recent form. Well done Lee, I'm glad you turned it around when our situation looked so perilous. Hope he has a good night tonight, less pressure in the last two games and a lot of work to be done next season, but he can only continue what he has been doing recently.

Edit - Sigh, just seen the above. It's absolutely pathetic.

I am Johnson in for sure. Things have changed and he is effecting games again like he was at the start of the season. 

Half time something happened in that dressing room which inspired the players to believe and to victory after a dreadful first half. Again at 2-1 their heads could have gone but they didn't. 

He may very well have stumbled upon the team but I am liking the subs he's making and he is demonstrating he has learnt from mistakes. He's not tinkering!! 

Dont get me wrong I think he has to be out of lives and is due no patience whatsoever next season. 

Still firmly in the Johnson out camp.

In my eyes its simply sheer madness to leave our clubs future in the hands of a head coach that "may improve" and "is showing signs of getting better". Its a huge risk and I wouldn't be willing to take it if I was SL. We won't survive another season like this one if LJ messes things up again.

At the end of the season there will surely be a proper post mortem on why we struggled so badly, any how this season was to be honest 'so horrible'. 

After today's game he said on radio Bristol that mistakes had been made, and they will be addressed. 

I admire SL for not pulling the trigger and we might well emerge better and stronger for it, but the evidence will be in his 'third transfer window' that he has always said it would take to get where we want to be.  It will be interesting to see developments this summer. 

He could've been sacked and you'll never see me argue against it. Even if you're still Johnson Out and that's probably fair, you have to admit he has turned it around. It shouldn't have gotten as bad as it did but it seems he's learned from his mistakes. 

Hes here next year I'm quite sure and the summer I'd like to see addition by subtraction. I'd rather we have more outgoings than incomings. The incomings need to be quality as I think we've got enough youth around now. Of course don't turn down the opportunity to sign a good youngster but don't need any more multi million youngsters. Cotterill, Matthews, GON, Tomlin and Golbourne going would be good business as it'll free up loads in wages we'll need to get quality fullbacks, a quality winger and a quality striker which I think are our biggest needs. 

I've got a good feeling about next season to be honest. All those youngsters have the extra year of games, training and maturity. That on top of us finding a good mix of talent and work rate recently. 

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Give it a rest, we've just stayed up ffs. Johnson is gonna be IN anyway. For me, LJ IN & second chance time next season and credit where its due for keeping us up in the end whilst being under enourmous pressure from everyone. Well done LJ

Enormous pressure caused by...

himself

As much as SL's debt reducing has been done because of the debt built up by..

himself

Champagne all round.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. He's still out for me. 

Need to ask yourself, is he the man to take us up? Transfer record and game history up to April suggest not. 

If we are in the top 6 after 10 games next season then maybe the tides will have turned. Fair play for the turnaround to get us out of the relegation zone but we shouldn't have been anywhere near there to begin with. 

Archived