IGNORED

Lee Johnson

Bs4Red

I concur that despite the recent upturn in results I serious doubt Johnson's tactically ability to maintain a determined performance to keep this club on an upward trajectory. The consistency of the same team and formation has helped but today did not inspire me to believe he has the credentials to deliver a league position that balances with the investment we have made in players and stadium. 

I am an 'out' but will always follow and support my team irrelevant to who is in charge

I think LJ is learning.

I said it previously he was struggling to manage the large squad size; tinkering to keep players happy/involved. He has said himself that he would prefer a smaller squad next season. A settled side can help build partnerships and awareness of eachother's strengths and weakneses. Last 4 games - same team. Would be wonderful to know how he arrived at that team, but perhaps something good came out of the thrashing at Preston after all. Paterson has been a revelation since his return. 

I think moving to 4-4-2 has also helped. Taylor's movement has created space and assists for others.

I'm feeling positive about next season.

Fair play to the bloke for not reacting to the vile insults and threats thrown at him from Bristol City fans over recent months. To keep his cool without reacting took some doing. How he kept himself from reacting is beyond me. Well done for rising above it.:clap:

Just now, Red Army 87 said:

My guess would be, LJ tells MA what is needed, maybe some suggestions. MA takes that to the scouting team and they source some players. This is presented back to MA and LJ and they go to SL for final sign off. My view is that this happens well in advance and actually the club will know ideally what players they are trying to buy a window or 2 in advance.

so I agree with your point, but I don't think LJ is the only cog in the wheel to bring players in. 

As long as LJ has the final veto then I agree, sadly though it's then what happens after new players arrive, coaching, playing to their strengths, playing them in a system that suits and not freezing them out for long periods and then making silly statements like the one about Magnusson after a 5-0 defeat when the player came into the game at 3-0.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

As long as LJ has the final veto then I agree, sadly though it's then what happens after new players arrive, coaching, playing to their strengths, playing them in a system that suits and not freezing them out for long periods and then making silly statements like the one about Magnusson after a 5-0 defeat when the player came into the game at 3-0.

I agree, the only hope is that he learns from this season and works to ensure these issues do not occur again. He said himself in the interview tonight that there has been a lot to learn this season, so now it is now up to him to prove that he has done that and can progress our club to the next level. 

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Interesting point about the goal difference. If we get smashed 5-0 at Brighton and Blackburn win, say, 3-0 at home to Villa, the goal difference would be wiped out on the final day if Blackburn won again and we lost to Birmingham. Not to put a dampener on a good day!

And Burton, QPR, Nottingham Forest and Birmingham all getting the right results as well.

Yeah, I see what you mean :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Still firmly in the Johnson out camp.

In my eyes its simply sheer madness to leave our clubs future in the hands of a head coach that "may improve" and "is showing signs of getting better". Its a huge risk and I wouldn't be willing to take it if I was SL. We won't survive another season like this one if LJ messes things up again.

Why are young players given a chance to improve over time, make mistakes etc but young managers are not given the same chance?

All I know, whatever happens, I don't want to be reading 'I told you so's' from anybody. Not on here, and not from Steve Lansdown ( sorry Sir).

Mistakes have been made along the way, too many. If we do stay up, and it looks more likely, that will of course be a big achievement as it looked very unlikely a few games ago. But that really wasn't what this season should have been about, it wasn't the aim or the job 'project' given.

We needed to consilidate and establish ourselves as a steady Championship club with a likelihood of progression, so in that sense we have failed. To think of it negatively we have put ourselves a year behind schedule, might need 4 transfer windows now as some players we have bought in haven't given the best value and aren't playing. On a positive note the newer young players are finishing strongly and will be a year more experienced.

i don't actually lay all the blame at Lee Johnson's door. The players clearly weren't playing as they should for many matches, even the first half  today LJ is quoted saying they weren't doing what they were told. I assume he got them listening in the 2nd half as it was noticeably different rather than him changing tactics.

It has been very clear for while SL intends to stick. I'm personally accepting this on the condition that things aren't allowed to pan out like this season has ever again. I don't want to go on a record breaking losing run, or wonder when we might ever get a point again. Stick if you like Mr Lansdown, but please no 'I told you so's', you've proved nothing yet and the fans won't be as patient again.

Why is LJ any different to any other of the 91 managers in England?.

Isn't the question supposed to be why are we any different to any of the other 91 clubs in England?

SL decided to take this club in a certain direction and LJ just so happens to be the manager we are investing in. Whoever the manager would have been They also would have received the same backing because finally SL has decided it's time we stuck by a manager rather than changing him every season.

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Interesting point about the goal difference. If we get smashed 5-0 at Brighton and Blackburn win, say, 3-0 at home to Villa, the goal difference would be wiped out on the final day if Blackburn won again and we lost to Birmingham. Not to put a dampener on a good day!

Or we could just go to Brighton and get a result and chuck a spanner in the works 

Just now, Up The City! said:

Isn't the question supposed to be why are we any different to any of the other 91 clubs in England?

SL decided to take this club in a certain direction and LJ just so happens to be the manager we are investing in. Whoever the manager would have been They also would have received the same backing because finally SL has decided it's time we stuck by a manager rather than changing him every season.

As I said we will see what we will see, I suspect that by October we should have a reasonable idea and by December the jury will have decided.

For me any flirting however slight with relegation will be wholly unacceptable, mid table flirting with play offs should be the minimum requirement.

As I said we will see what we will see, I suspect that by October we should have a reasonable idea and by December the jury will have decided.

For me any flirting however slight with relegation will be wholly unacceptable, mid table flirting with play offs should be the minimum requirement.

I agree that there has to be clear progress next season with no big runs of loses. 

Think most of Cityfans was talking midtable back in August. Was hoping for top six, he he. We now probably ends 17-18. No katastrofe. LJ said before season started it will be a roller coster ride, he was right. A little disapointed but also happy to avoid relegation. Think we showed strenght when it was needed and thats a big point I think. LJ made misstakes as he said but he and the team solved them. All and all think he did ok. Looking forward to next season, Paterson, Odowda, the young striker, Djuric and so on. Everyone wants to heaven and no one wants to die, he he. 24 teams in this leauge and most of them want top six. It wont be easy but we shown we can beat any team. Think we got forward and played good football when it was important, relegationbattle. Im optimistic in Citys future, Coyr!!!

3 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I think this man deserves a thread of his own. Now I have been very much LJ in all season and many disagreed but what a tough man to go through the results he has and come out the other side. The last 6 weeks we have played some unbelievable football and have started to show what LJ has been working towards all season. 

I know many dislike him etc but I really hope people will see the transformation of this team and that not only the players but also LJ has begun to learn from his mistakes. We have improved on last season and although slightly disappointing we can now build for another season in the championship 

YOU REDS

Agree with everything you say but I fear he may walk in the summer.

Just get that feeling from his sound bites which would actually be a pity as he's come out the other side of the really horrible patch.

1 hour ago, KevP said:

Fair play to the bloke for not reacting to the vile insults and threats thrown at him from Bristol City fans over recent months. To keep his cool without reacting took some doing. How he kept himself from reacting is beyond me. Well done for rising above it.:clap:

Which vile insults were they? I heard nothing at AG and I assume his ego isn't so much in need of a massage that he feels the need to visit us here? 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Which vile insults were they? I heard nothing at AG and I assume his ego isn't so much in need of a massage that he feels the need to visit us here? 

Away at Wigan and Brentford for starters.....at the end of each game. Maybe you weren't at those...

3 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Johnson out.

This

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

Johnson out.

and this

3 hours ago, yatesuperreds said:

johnson out 

and this

3 hours ago, Bonkey Dollocks said:

Johnson out

and this