IGNORED

Lee Johnson

Bs4Red

4 hours ago, MelksRed said:

A few weeks ago In was firmly in the LJ out camp......He has fought long and hard to be able to walk round the pitch this afternoon and clap the fans despite many of them calling for his job. I was impressed by this gesture and thought it a good measure of the man.

Really? My feeling was exactly the opposite. During our horrendous run Lee would slink off the pitch and leave the players to clap the stands - sometimes to a mixed reception.

He then gave interviews talking about not trusting the players. He would also whine about how he comes in early every day and puts in a shift, insinuating some players don't. Then he gets out the violin and talks about how much he loves the club. However he happily disappears straight after the whistle when the fans are unhappy.

Today he is out milking the applause. Sorry my opinion is that he doesn't deserve to still be here. If I was a player I would have zero respect for a boss that acts like he has.

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Really? My feeling was exactly the opposite. During our horrendous run Lee would slink off the pitch and leave the players to clap the stands - sometimes to a mixed reception.

He then gave interviews talking about not trusting the players. He would also whine about how he comes in early every day and puts in a shift, insinuating some players don't. Then he gets out the violin and talks about how much he loves the club. However he happily disappears straight after the whistle when the fans are unhappy.

Today he is out milking the applause. Sorry my opinion is that he doesn't deserve to still be here. If I was a player I would have zero respect for a boss that acts like he has.

He was hardly milking it, there was always a player between him and the fans

5 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I think this man deserves a thread of his own. Now I have been very much LJ in all season and many disagreed but what a tough man to go through the results he has and come out the other side. The last 6 weeks we have played some unbelievable football and have started to show what LJ has been working towards all season. 

I know many dislike him etc but I really hope people will see the transformation of this team and that not only the players but also LJ has begun to learn from his mistakes. We have improved on last season and although slightly disappointing we can now build for another season in the championship 

YOU REDS

The man is inept, not fit to manage an under 7s team . 

Johnson out now

Just now, Red Army 87 said:

He was hardly milking it, there was always a player between him and the fans

My point being that the players had the balls to go round the ground and clap the stands, even when some were booing. Johnson disappeared down the tunnel then gave interviews blaming the players, the ref, anyone but himself. Fed up with the bloke personally.

2 hours ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

Agree with everything you say but I fear he may walk in the summer.

Just get that feeling from his sound bites which would actually be a pity as he's come out the other side of the really horrible patch.

Definately don't think he'll walk but I think he's earnt a stay of execution. If we kick off next season with dismal displays & poor recruiting he should be on his bike :whistle:

4 hours ago, Red Army 87 said:

My guess would be, LJ tells MA what is needed, maybe some suggestions. MA takes that to the scouting team and they source some players. This is presented back to MA and LJ and they go to SL for final sign off. My view is that this happens well in advance and actually the club will know ideally what players they are trying to buy a window or 2 in advance.

so I agree with your point, but I don't think LJ is the only cog in the wheel to bring players in. 

He goes and watches them and has the final say - one of the reasons we brought Holden in was so he could spend extra time on 'First team recruitment'

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

Can't be bothered to read 3 pages just hope the majority are saying get rid of the clueless inept puppet

I don't think they are actually.

There can't be anybody that was happy between November and January. Before and after that have been passable.

I've certainly had my doubts and I'm far from convinced. However, my main feeling is that far too few managers are given time to settle in  and prove themselves these days - in football generally. It's often quoted that Fergie and closer to home Dicks had weak starts but were given time to prove themselves.

Clubs are much more trigger happy now, but how often does the quick change work? Warnock's done his usual firefighting at Cardiff, but several others have failed to improve results, with Zola being the obvious example. Perhaps, just perhaps, clubs - including us - should be more patient and trust their original choices for longer. It remains to be seen whether LJ will develop a strong track record, but on all the evidence, it's too early to say he's clueless or inept.

No other football club  in the Championship would employ him, in actual fact I'd be surprised if he would be offered a  job in professional football full stop. As in management in any line of work, once you start talking bollocks,  then you'll get bollocks in return.  Johnson out. Asap

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He goes and watches them and has the final say - one of the reasons we brought Holden in was so he could spend extra time on 'First team recruitment'

That's the way it should, I was just challenging a suggestion that it was completely down to him, others need to take responsibility as well.

Archived