IGNORED

Bailey Wright

Bs4Red

In my opinion, a awful player at this level. Have seen nothing from him this year that impresses me. His distribution is absolutely shocking and he is one of the only players I have seen at this level that cannot strike a football or clip it. 

A massive area of improvement next season. 

Just now, Bs4Red said:

In my opinion, a awful player. Have seen nothing from him this year that impresses me. His distribution is absolutely shocking and he is one of the only players I have seen at this level that cannot strike a football or clip it. 

I thought that his agression had been a big factor in our improving defence . I understand he didn't have a great game today but he is a destroyer not a playmaker.

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

In my opinion, a awful player. Have seen nothing from him this year that impresses me. His distribution is absolutely shocking and he is one of the only players I have seen at this level that cannot strike a football or clip it. 

Is this a joke? Not one of his better games today in fairness.

5 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

What a load of bollocks . Unbelievable. Every player makes mistakes 

4 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Funnily enough, I think the complete opposite.

You don't think the opposite. The opposite is true. He's our best defender by far. He doesn't let players get ball to feet and turn or lay it off. If he was 6'3 he'd be a premier league CB. Awful pass to lead to a goal but with a couple more Bailey Wrights on the pitch someone is taken out and a yellow card is shown. We were far too nice for the most part on their breaks. I don't want to be a dirty team but fouls like Korey got for the yellow could happen a bit more often. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

You don't think the opposite. The opposite is true. He's our best defender by far. He doesn't let players get ball to feet and turn or lay it off. If he was 6'3 he'd be a premier league CB. Awful pass to lead to a goal but with a couple more Bailey Wrights on the pitch someone is taken out and a yellow card is shown. We were far too nice for the most part on their breaks. I don't want to be a dirty team but fouls like Korey got for the yellow could happen a bit more often. 

That is outrageous shout. Defenders in this day and age need more than to be defensively solid. He puts us in many of the situations he gets us out of by giving the ball away. He is extremely slow and has been part of a defensive that still leaks goals. 

Madness 

Just now, Bs4Red said:

That is outrageous shout. Defenders in this day and age need more than to be defensively solid. He puts us in many of the situations he gets us out of by giving the ball away. He is extremely slow and has been part of a defensive that still leaks goals. 

Madness 

No I think the madness is saying he's not good enough for the level considering we've been solid with him in the lineup and a top 10 team we're sad to see him leave for us because he was that solid for them. It's nice when centre halves can do more than defend but their main job is defend. Too many times this season we've tried to have players play pretty football but not do a job defensively. He's not pretty but he makes it uncomfortable for the opposition and kicks them and tugs at their shirts and gives them no time. He's probably my player of 2017 so far outside of Tammy. Just gets the job done

28 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

In my opinion, a awful player at this level. Have seen nothing from him this year that impresses me. His distribution is absolutely shocking and he is one of the only players I have seen at this level that cannot strike a football or clip it. 

God some people talk crap, been a big part of steady improvement in defence , proper defender , just looking to stir it up ? 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No I think the madness is saying he's not good enough for the level considering we've been solid with him in the lineup and a top 10 team we're sad to see him leave for us because he was that solid for them. It's nice when centre halves can do more than defend but their main job is defend. Too many times this season we've tried to have players play pretty football but not do a job defensively. He's not pretty but he makes it uncomfortable for the opposition and kicks them and tugs at their shirts and gives them no time. He's probably my player of 2017 so far outside of Tammy. Just gets the job done

We have conceded 30 goals in his 19 league appearances for us. 

Previous to him coming we had conceded 35 in 25 games. So could you possibly tell me where the improvement is? 

The attacking of the team has improved the defence is still shoddy. 

OK, he made a mistake today, but a somewhat harsh statement to make. Even Mrs Wellspokenman agrees and thats unheard of !

It is also no coincidence that Flint has improved massively working alongside him. The way he has come on in the last 3 months is astonishing. The pair of them hold position well, and this allows a much stronger back line. Before this, the fullbacks were getting pulled in all directions with Flint + 1 dragging them every which way, allowing the opposition to run through us with yards to spare.

So, a good partnership I feel. Long may it last.....

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

We have conceded 30 goals in his 19 league appearances for us. 

Previous to him coming we had conceded 35 in 25 games. So could you possibly tell me where the improvement is? 

The attacking of the team has improved the defence is still shoddy. 

Not really we are scoring at a similar rate. Think it's 26 in those same 19 with 33 or so in the first 25. We've had some high scoring games(Cardiff 3 might be his second game, Derby 3 and Preston 5) since he's been in there but also many more 1 or less conceded. Most of the games we've struggled we've gotten beat on the wings and he's not a full back. He shuts play down through the middle of the pitch. Flint takes care of things in the air and Bailey takes the ball from players with the ball at their feet. I don't know what you've been watching to be honest. He's not a great passer but he doesn't give the ball away under pressure too often. He'd be better suited to the right side but Flint I don't think would be passable. 

2 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I was thinking the same during the game today. 

I just don't think he is very comfortable playing on the left hand side of the two centre backs. Anything on his left foot gets miss hit.

Having said that hopefully it's a partnership that can build with Flint.

Archived