IGNORED

Bailey Wright

Bs4Red

51 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not really we are scoring at a similar rate. Think it's 26 in those same 19 with 33 or so in the first 25. We've had some high scoring games(Cardiff 3 might be his second game, Derby 3 and Preston 5) since he's been in there but also many more 1 or less conceded. Most of the games we've struggled we've gotten beat on the wings and he's not a full back. He shuts play down through the middle of the pitch. Flint takes care of things in the air and Bailey takes the ball from players with the ball at their feet. I don't know what you've been watching to be honest. He's not a great passer but he doesn't give the ball away under pressure too often. He'd be better suited to the right side but Flint I don't think would be passable. 

We are not talking about scoring that's irrelevant to our debate. 

It's 30 in 19 games. 35 in 25 previously so our defensive has got worse since he joined. I disagree with you but all opinions. If he didn't give the ball away so much we wouldn't have to defend as much and therefore wouldn't concede as much. Simple.

HE GIVES THE BALL AWAY ALL THE TIME, WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING 

Just now, shelts said:

Im afraid all our defenders can't be that good can they, as our goals against show. We've done well for a couple of months but people have short memories. 

The team defends, not just the back four. Plus our goal difference is pretty good for bottom 8 team.

Wow. 

He's been our best defender since he arrived. Not sure about the criticism of his passing either - of our back 4 he's the best and certainly most composed when in possession (worlds apart from Magnusson who tends to lump it as much as Flint does). 

Yes he made a dreadful blunder for their goal. That aside he's been a great signing. 

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

The team defends, not just the back four. Plus our goal difference is pretty good for bottom 8 team.

If we had better defenders we could b top half . An area we need to improve in. New keeper , right back , left back and a new centre half needed!!!

20 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

We are not talking about scoring that's irrelevant to our debate. 

It's 30 in 19 games. 35 in 25 previously so our defensive has got worse since he joined. I disagree with you but all opinions. If he didn't give the ball away so much we wouldn't have to defend as much and therefore wouldn't concede as much. Simple.

HE GIVES THE BALL AWAY ALL THE TIME, WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING 

You stated the attack has gotten better and that's why our form has improved. I was telling you it hasn't. Take out the anomaly at Preston and it's about the same. Also the first 25 games includes our stellar start to the season where we rarely conceded. Form from November until he got in the side and settle was atrocious especially on the defensive side of things. This probably the first mistake I've seen him away and the first ball he has directly given away to start a break. He may kick it long to the keeper or out of play but he's quite safe usually. I'd say I'm watching what most others here have been watching. A solid defender who's strong traits are defending and not playmaking. Think you've been the only one that seemingly doesn't rate him. 

I love Aden Flint and everything he gives but he was also found wanting on their second - rushed out to challenge and got skipped past instead of holding the player on the ball up

In otherwards you can always find fault but sometimes have to look at the bigger picture - Peopel moaning about Little and he's not Kyle Walker but how many goals has he cost us in last 6 weeks or so ? None ?

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

I love Aden Flint and everything he gives but he was also found wanting on their second - rushed out to challenge and got skipped past instead of holding the player on the ball up

In otherwards you can always find fault but sometimes have to look at the bigger picture - Peopel moaning about Little and he's not Kyle Walker but how many goals has he cost us in last 6 weeks or so ? None ?

Mixed form for Flint this year . Little has done a job of late but will be off in the Summer 

I actually agree with the op, I don't think bailey wright is up to much as an all round defender at this level. Distribution is poor and technically he gets beat by pace and skill, Imo magnets is a much better player. I'm happy for him to prove me wrong mind. We haven't been anymore solid with him in the side Imo.

Bailey wright's improvement mirrors the improvement in our results. Was great  at Wigan , v Huddersfield and wolves and was good v Blackburn. Has now got a better understanding with flint. One awful ball today that led to their second, otherwise had an ok game. Made a great tackle shortly after that goal. 

Archived