IGNORED

Jeff Stelling today

22A

He wore his heart on his sleeve at the end of today's broadcast.

He praised the Orient fans who went to Crewe and declared "They are real fans supporting their team in it's hour of need". When the full time result came in confirming Orient were down he stated the owner had reduced the club, London's 2nd oldest professional club, to non League in just13 months.

Then when Newport & Hartlepool's results came in confirming 'pool had dropped into the bottom two he exploded. "Dave Jones, nothing personal, but you are out of your depth at this level; just go"! Then he turned to the Chairman; "If he won't go.sack him! If you want me to resign as club President, I will do, just get rid of him before next week"!

I've been keeping an eye on the bottom of that league for a while mainly to see if Newport would go down - bearing in mind Orient have been dire this season and 4th March Newport lost 4-0 at home to them - I thought they were absolute goners.

If Newport do survive this season, and its in their own hands now with just 2 matches left, it will be one hell of an escape - helped a lot by how bad Hartlepool have been playing - gotta feel for Jeff, cant see SKY covering their games next season in the non league. :)

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Feel sorry for him - good bloke and a proper fan - loud and proud about supporting Hartlepool

Cant see them getting back up too easily either if they drop

Remarkable escape by Newport tbf

The only reason I have any sympathy for Hartlepool. 

Always hated the place and most of the people I've met there. 

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

Speaks my language does Jeff, a supporter in the true sense of the word. Met him at a sports function once, and he is a really nice bloke to go with it.

Then you have that **** Robbie Savage ffs!

Robbie Savage is a fraud. 

Today he spouts bollocks about how he used to cheat then asks what can be done to stop cheating. 

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Wears his heart on his sleeve, and that can be endearing.

Unproffessional however today I thought. He has a platform, and to call for the sacking of a manager like that felt really, well, odd.

Unprofessional maybe but having a passion about your Club overrides that,good job he wasn't a city fan until the last month or so,he would of been having a right meltdown on tv

2 hours ago, 22A said:

He wore his heart on his sleeve at the end of today's broadcast.

He praised the Orient fans who went to Crewe and declared "They are real fans supporting their team in it's hour of need". When the full time result came in confirming Orient were down he stated the owner had reduced the club, London's 2nd oldest professional club, to non League in just13 months.

Then when Newport & Hartlepool's results came in confirming 'pool had dropped into the bottom two he exploded. "Dave Jones, nothing personal, but you are out of your depth at this level; just go"! Then he turned to the Chairman; "If he won't go.sack him! If you want me to resign as club President, I will do, just get rid of him before next week"!

How rude, hasn't he heard of the pillars?

Archived