IGNORED

Ryan Kent

MC RISK77

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Based on what? He’s been very positive about Eliasson in particular. I think with him he genuinely just needs time to acclimatise - I’d heard he’s really highly rated at the club but just isn’t ready yet.

Not sure about Magnússon either, he’s playing at the moment and if he wasn’t rated then he wouldn’t be. I don’t think LJ trusts a Flint/Magnússon partnership though.

If he isn't ready why put him on the bench every week?

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Based on what? He’s been very positive about Eliasson in particular. I think with him he genuinely just needs time to acclimatise - I’d heard he’s really highly rated at the club but just isn’t ready yet.

Not sure about Magnússon either, he’s playing at the moment and if he wasn’t rated then he wouldn’t be. I don’t think LJ trusts a Flint/Magnússon partnership though.

I wonder how much is down to lack of other options. Having Mags gives a CB / LB option and you can move things around. Otherwise we are really limited.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Last year everyone was raving about him, and that we should sign him, and we have.

Now people are saying we had a poor transfer window, and citing his signing as one of the reasons.

Not sure ‘everyone’ can be termed as a dozen or so people on an Internet forum. 

Based on how he has performed for city he has been very disappointing. 

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Obviously I meant not ready to start. If,as you suggested, he wasn’t rated - he wouldn’t even make the bench.

We don't exactly have many options at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I heard the same about Kent but I am still waiting to see that justification, for me he has gotten progressively worse and is now nothing more than a greedy Kent, who always wants to beat one more opponent and always fails.

Eliasson's few starts have almost always been pretty much against physical teams, that will not help his 'acclimatisation', I think him and Engvall have been treated badly, the only reason Magnússon has faired slightly better is needs/must with Bakers suspension and then injury + Wright's injury + Flint's suspension, it has nothing to do whatsoever with being 'rated' by LJ, at I believe the Fulham game when LJ subbed him he looked mortified and barely acknowledged LJ.

I was at the game on Tuesday at Preston - and agree with many comments, including LJ's that the second half was a great improvement. The great frustration for me was the space available repeatedly for Kent to exploit / move into down the left wing. Bobby Reid used this brilliantly to set up our goal, and on other occasions moved into this space waiting to be given the ball only to not recieve it.

Ryan Kent however repeatedly was given the ball, with interplay with Joe Bryan with space to attack and choose the negative option of passing backwards or inside. The alternative he chose was dead end runs into the middle.

Time and time again we could have gained space and initiative only to be frustrated by taking the wrong option.

Having said the above I rarely recall seeeing a referee so feeble in dealing with repeated time wasting - he reminded me of Sargeant Wilson in Dads Army, "Would you mind awefully leaving the field at sometime today....."

6 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I heard the same about Kent but I am still waiting to see that justification, for me he has gotten progressively worse and is now nothing more than a greedy Kent, who always wants to beat one more opponent and always fails.

Yeah, he’s obviously very skilful I just don’t think he’s a good fit. Same way Leko didn’t really work for us either.

Eliasson's few starts have almost always been pretty much against physical teams, that will not help his 'acclimatisation', I think him and Engvall have been treated badly,

Agreed

the only reason Magnússon has faired slightly better is needs/must with Bakers suspension and then injury + Wright's injury + Flint's suspension, it has nothing to do whatsoever with being 'rated' by LJ,

It was Super who discussed whether players were rated by the management.

From what I've seen of him (which is limited compared to others), he looks outrageously talented and the kind of inventive player I love on our books. But... for whatever reason we don't look balanced when we play him. I get the idea he might have been a better fit when we started the season and we were finding our place in the division.

I'm sure he's got a really bright future, and some of the slating he's received is a bit over the top - he's clearly giving his all, but lacks the experience to make the right decisions at times. He'll learn - shame that the learning curve has come during a time that many of us expected us to kick on and gun for promotion. 

Frankly, what ever way you look at it without O' Dowda we needed another wide player. 

Kent is your typical young winger - fast, skillful and a lot of the time can lack a useful end product. Give him time, I am sure he will progress and help us secure a top 6 spot. 

And honestly, if the unthinkable were to happen and we did make it up, I for one would have no qualms with him being in our squad next season. 

Not good so far. Hold the ball to long, dont meet the ball, dont find goal when he is shooting. Ok, some good crosses but not so good he can take a starting place in our team. Surprised LJ have played him before Eliasson. Dont think he will be in City next  season. He is probably better as he has showed. It dont work for him here.

4 hours ago, YCbrs said:

Frankly, what ever way you look at it without O' Dowda we needed another wide player. 

Kent is your typical young winger - fast, skillful and a lot of the time can lack a useful end product. Give him time, I am sure he will progress and help us secure a top 6 spot. 

And honestly, if the unthinkable were to happen and we did make it up, I for one would have no qualms with him being in our squad next season. 

Hi Ryan 

Archived