IGNORED

"Boycotters"

Port Said Red

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's strange. I remember being told in no uncertain terms (by some) on here that unless SL "grew a pair" and sacked LJ, then we were doomed and had absolutely no chance of staying up. 

As I've said all along, take away the (dreadful, admittedly) run between October-January and LJ's record is pretty damn decent here. 

Thankfully SL did have the balls to stick & have faith, where every other team that have/will go down opted to fire & punt. 

Were not safe yet...six or seven goal swing in an afternoon certainly not impossible-especially if players mentally switch off thinking the jobs already done.

Another "Preston" and we may see your complexion change.....

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ahhhhh surprise

A point scoring / stir  thread - even when we've virtually assured our safety

Yawwwwwwwwwwwn

it must really needle you that those that wanted / want  Johnson out will have got just much pleasure as you have #superuberfan

Bob, don't be a dick, when have I ever come across as an "uberfan" ?  I am a season ticket holder but I have missed nearly half the home games this season due to work and other commitments, I rarely see midweek games for example and I took a season out myself only 3 years ago. I realised quite quickly that I was only spiting myself and I missed it terribly.

My point is that many of those who say they are not going cite the "lack of atmosphere" as a reason and I struggle to understand this. Maybe it doesn't translate out of the unreserved section in the Atyeo but the atmosphere in there has been excellent for almost every game I have been too  and I think they would have been impressed yesterday. 

I can't wait to see that translated into the South Stand, we could hear them clearly yesterday and I think that noise will be greatly increased by the "section82" or whatever they are called, being in there next season. 

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Bob, don't be a dick, when have I ever come across as an "uberfan" ?  I am a season ticket holder but I have missed nearly half the home games this season due to work and other commitments, I rarely see midweek games for example and I took a season out myself only 3 years ago. I realised quite quickly that I was only spiting myself and I missed it terribly.

My point is that many of those who say they are not going cite the "lack of atmosphere" as a reason and I struggle to understand this. Maybe it doesn't translate out of the unreserved section in the Atyeo but the atmosphere in there has been excellent for almost every game I have been too  and I think they would have been impressed yesterday. 

I can't wait to see that translated into the South Stand, we could hear them clearly yesterday and I think that noise will be greatly increased by the "section82" or whatever they are called, being in there next season. 

Good post but op still read very much a jibe at those that decided to boycott / stay away ( I wasn't but respect anyone's  right / to do so and I certainly understand why they did - all the crap spat out about not being true fans is pitiful) and on a day that everyone was happy that we look to be nearly safe at least I didn't think it was needed , albeit , surprise , shock eventually we had the pitiful 'Told you so threads'

I agree with all you say about atmosphere but this could have been raised without taking the opportunity to have a stir !

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good post but op still read very much a jibe at those that decided to boycott / stay away ( I wasn't but respect anyone's  right / to do so and I certainly understand why they did - all the crap spat out about not being true fans is pitiful) and on a day that everyone was happy that we look to be nearly safe at least I didn't think it was needed , albeit , surprise , shock eventually we had the pitiful 'Told you so threads'

I agree with all you say about atmosphere but this could have been raised without taking the opportunity to have a stir !

That wasn't my intention, but it won't be the first or last time that my posts are misinterpreted on here. :) 

Archived