IGNORED

"Boycotters"

Port Said Red

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

It's a different atmosphere without the EE 

Less hostile, no more *anker *anker at the oppo corner taker, or you're shit ah at goal kicks 

Was loud and vibrant today all the same, especially 2nd half 

Heard plenty in the games I've been at. And the *anker chants come out regularly at some player or another of the opposition.

Obviously very happy we're staying up but it's very convenient for some to gloss over the 5 months of absolute shite. We should never have been in this position, if some want to come on  here and act all smug then fair play to you . I for one really hope  LJ has learned from his mistakes, if not we'll be doing this again next season.

It's strange. I remember being told in no uncertain terms (by some) on here that unless SL "grew a pair" and sacked LJ, then we were doomed and had absolutely no chance of staying up. 

As I've said all along, take away the (dreadful, admittedly) run between October-January and LJ's record is pretty damn decent here. 

Thankfully SL did have the balls to stick & have faith, where every other team that have/will go down opted to fire & punt. 

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Obviously very happy we're staying up but it's very convenient for some to gloss over the 5 months of absolute shite. We should never have been in this position, if some want to come on  here and act all smug then fair play to you . I for one really hope  LJ has learned from his mistakes, if not we'll be doing this again next season.

Yea but a similar argument is those not glossing over the horrid 5 months have glossed over the very good first 6 months. LJ has been the two extremes. Top 6 form then bottom 2 form and now steadier form. I too hope he's learned from his mistakes. What I really hope is that people can put this season behind them and get behind them again next season. We've reached 51 points and still aren't mathematically safe. It shows how the strong the league is and it'll only get tougher. We should've been better but we survived and hopefully will come back stronger. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's strange. I remember being told in no uncertain terms (by some) on here that unless SL "grew a pair" and sacked LJ, then we were doomed and had absolutely no chance of staying up. 

As I've said all along, take away the (dreadful, admittedly) run between October-January and LJ's record is pretty damn decent here. 

Thankfully SL did have the balls to stick & have faith, where every other team that have/will go down opted to fire & punt. 

But you can't take away that run? It happened and it's why we are where we are now, let's just not gloss over this as we appear to have made the great escape.

Great win today, great spirit, atmosphere also good.

I would say the real bad period this season was from Brighton at home to Forest away. Let's exclude cup games for a minute, after that it was steady improvement, some green shoots and eventually this great section of home games.

Sheffield Wednesday at home- first sign of recovery IMO. Drew vs a good side, battled back from behind twice, was a good performance with good heart- that was the first ray of hope for me. 6 wins, 6 draws and 5 losses- steady! Vs a range of sides too, solid form.

19 minutes ago, hodge said:

Heard plenty in the games I've been at. And the *anker chants come out regularly at some player or another of the opposition.

Can't say I've heard much where I am in the SS, completely different from EE

Not a bad thing as sat with my mate and his 7 yr old now who's footy mad 

We tell him it's Twanker anyway, when it is  used 

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Erm....... we have been lucky....... though......... and I still think Johnson Out....... say what you will :)

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

But you can't take away that run? It happened and it's why we are where we are now, let's just not gloss over this as we appear to have made the great escape.

I didn't say we could take it away. I was told that LJ was utterly clueless and unable to turn it around. 

12 minutes ago, RumRed said:

And you can't take away the good runs either.

The 'boycott' called for on OTIB by the minority of people with an agenda actually was posted before the Huddersfield game. We've won all 4 since. Maybe they were the bad luck charms? Hopefully they stay away. :)

Just now, JHAGa said:

And you can't take away the good runs either.

The 'boycott' called for on OTIB by the minority of people with an agenda actually was posted before the Huddersfield game. We've won all 4 since. Maybe they were the bad luck charms? Hopefully they stay away. :)

Was 'agenda' the word on Sesame Street today?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

You missed a great atmosphere today. Sorry to rub it in, but I feel that those of us who have tried to remain positive throughout the lows have been rewarded, and the noise levels from all parts of the ground were excellent.

Shame I missed what seemed a good game, I had a pretty quiet day in. Sat there thinking about all the great stuff I've done on my Saturdays the past few months & how I wouldn't have changed it for anything :yes:

Just now, JHAGa said:

Yeah focus on one word instead of the point I make at the top of the post. Funnily, you doing that is exactly what I'm alluding to. :laugh:

I'll be there at Brighton clapping along but if you can't see this season has been anything but shambolic then your expectations appear to match SL's.

Just now, RumRed said:

I'll be there at Brighton clapping along but if you can't see this season has been anything but shambolic then your expectations appear to match SL's.

We can but hope that Brighton might not turn up........ after all that is the sort of thing that historically BCFC have done in the past when at the top?

Oh yeah...... just to let you know RumRed......... I'm also 'UP THE CITY!' no matter what :)

Just now, Dorset_Cider said:

We can but hope that Brighton might not turn up........ after all that is the sort of thing that historically BCFC have done in the past when at the top?

Oh yeah...... just to let you know RumRed......... I'm also 'UP THE CITY!' no matter what :)

I'm hoping the late kick off will see us safe so I can just have 90 mins of celebrating, no matter what the result!

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

17th place in the Championship isn't shambolic. I'd suggest you re-inline your expectations if you actually think that. 3-4 months of it was shambolic, the rest of it we did very well as you seemingly refuse to acknowledge. Like I posted earlier, outside of the teams in the play-offs we've won about 2 games less than any other team. Love to know how that constitutes shambolic. How would you react if you supported Coventry or Leyton Orient? Unless you expected a play-off challenge?

My expectations do seem to match SL's, yes. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Archived