IGNORED

Mark Little after the final whistle

Dollymarie

Mark came over to the Atyeo after the final whistle and spend about a minute chatting to those down the front. 

Just wondered if anyone on here was one of those people and what he said to them. Am aware his contract is up in the summer, so hope it wasn't any kind of goodbye. 

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I've been his biggest critic but he's been really impressive the last few games. I'd like to see him get a extension to be honest.

If a player only puts in the effort during the end of his contract, then he has the wrong attitude. 

I find people are a bit too soft at times on this forum, 3 games or so does not merit a contract extension when he's had two poor seasons in this league. If this club wants to progress, then the club need to move players like Little on.

17 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

If a player only puts in the effort during the end of his contract, then he has the wrong attitude. 

I find people are a bit too soft at times on this forum, 3 games or so does not merit a contract extension when he's had two poor seasons in this league. If this club wants to progress, then the club need to move players like Little on.

Think he's only just got full fitness / confidence in his shoulder

Never lacked effort

3 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Really harsh! He's been full of effort, just needed to get over the injury and regain a bit of confidence and momentum, finally. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think he's only just hot full fitness / confidence in his shoulder

Never lacked effort

Everyone likes a player who gives effort. However, he just doesn't have the credentials to be a recognised Championship right back. Need to be in the market for two RBs this summer 

Just now, City Rocker said:

Really harsh! He's been full of effort, just needed to get over the injury and regain a bit of confidence and momentum, finally. 

Might be harsh my friend. But I don't really care. Business is business. I want this club to progress and be feared of in this league. I want to see Championship quality players. Which we don't really have many of.

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

First time I have heard it  and I don't miss many games....

in England that is..!

Assuming it was the same one? I wasn't there when he came over. 

Assume it was the one to the oasis tune? 

8 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Everyone likes a player who gives effort. However, he just doesn't have the credentials to be a recognised Championship right back. Need to be in the market for two RBs this summer 

You accused him of only trying because his contract is up. We all know he lacks quality in general but you cant knock his effort.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

You accused him of only trying because his contract is up. We all know he lacks quality in general but you cant knock his effort.

It's a tough world. If he does get an extension, I'd frown upon it but fair play to him. But I can't see him playing much next season if he does stay. He would be a good fit for Rotherham or Blackburn next season.

8 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Might be harsh my friend. But I don't really care. Business is business. I want this club to progress and be feared of in this league. I want to see Championship quality players. Which we don't really have many of.

I want to see Championship quality too, but that's rather a different matter from your previous post in which you implied a lack of effort and bad attitude from Little which, as I said, was way harsh.

Just now, City Rocker said:

I want to see Championship quality too, but that's rather a different matter from your previous post in which you implied a lack of effort and bad attitude from Little which, as I said, was way harsh.

One man's opinion. I'm starting to tighten the belt regarding my views and expections. Players don't have much loyalty nowadays, why should fans still? I'm basically saying thanks Little but we are looking to replace you with better quality. As I said, business is business. I do feel fans at this club can show too much compassion at times compared to other clubs regarding players. 

End of the day, he's only played well last few games.Compared to the last two years of being generally poor. It's more than mere coincidence he has improved since it seems he is playing for a contract at this club. Not the kind of player I want here personally.

1 minute ago, Red_Wizard said:

One man's opinion. I'm starting to tighten the belt regarding my views and expections. Players don't have much loyalty nowadays, why should fans still? I'm basically saying thanks Little but we are looking to replace you with better quality. As I said, business is business. I do feel fans at this club can show too much compassion at times compared to other clubs regarding players. 

End of the day, he's only played well last few games.Compared to the last two years of being generally poor. It's more than mere coincidence he has improved since it seems he is playing for a contract at this club. Not the kind of player I want here personally.

What a depressing point of view.  I'd take Mark Little rather that 95% of the egocentric disloyal prima donnas in the so-called premiership any day.  Give me a decent attitude any day.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What a depressing point of view.  I'd take Mark Little rather that 95% of the egocentric disloyal prima donnas in the so-called premiership any day.  Give me a decent attitude any day.

As morally wrong as it seems, I'd rather have a quality player with bit of an attitude than what you're after. As a supporter/customer I want to be entertained. Would you be happy if you had a team who were pretty poor but were always giving a go no matter how much skill they lack? Rather than a quality side who may be a bunch of mongs, but give you results and a team you enjoy watching?

Also, the NPC is no different than the PL regarding prima donnas

To be honest I think fullback is one of the toughest positions in the league to gauge. The wingers in the league wouldn't look out of place in many lower to mid table first divisions. I can't really think of any standout fullbacks I've seen this year. I'm sure there are solid ones out there but they'll all have bad days. Little in this form looks easily championship standard. Was it the injury combined with lack of fitness and confidence? If so, based on the last month deserves another contract. It's a gamble because he is coming to the end of a contract. I probably would be looking for a starting RB anyway and with Vyner around and Taylor Moore and Korey comfortable there, would still let little walk. That said he leaves with a huge clap from me for the double season and the work he put in to help keep us up this season. 

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Unlikely to bring in another right b I like littles effort, and he can excite at times like against qpr when he ran the length of the pitch. But for me he will always have a mistake in him. Kent took him on with ease a couple of times in the first half. His end product is often very basic too. I don't like criticising a player that works as hard as little, but I just don't think he is a championship player.

Agree with most of that.

Kent looked a decent player to me and he had the beating of Little for pace, but it didn't help ML out on that side that Brownhill spent the entire first half drifting infield. Much better second half when Brownhill had a bit of discipline and seemingly more positional sense. 

ML is a limited player at this level but he works hard and sometimes you need a couple of grafters in the side to lift the team and drag their way out of the dogfight.

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

never lacked effort but wholehearted tryer .shame Adam Matthews hasn't got same attitude lots of ability no effort we slag the tryer work it out .11 littles vs 11 matthew

Archived