IGNORED

Mark Little after the final whistle

Dollymarie

love little for what he did in L1, he always tries and he's had some decent games of late but today he was massively exposed. Korey smith was giving more cover than Brownhill - don't know if that was a ploy but without him Kent had him on toast. If we want to progress as a team we need a first choice RB who's a better defender. 

I've been really impressed by his return to form.

I think the injuries he's had have really knocked him back.

He will always give 100%.

A lot of the time early on this season he had no help down the right flank.

That's now changed and he's benefited from it.

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

It's a tough world. If he does get an extension, I'd frown upon it but fair play to him. But I can't see him playing much next season if he does stay. He would be a good fit for Rotherham or Blackburn next season.

I agree we need to improve , i'm just picking up on your comment about him upping his game because he's out of contract.

Agree.  Also impressed by his return to form.

It was mentioned in a thread a while ago that such a bad shoulder injury creates a lot of complications and takes a long time to fully recover from; I'm no medic but apparently it affects sleep, balance, running, turning as well as critically confidence, something the Little moaners should take note of.

Always like Little (unlike the guy behind me in the Dolman ! moans every single time he touches the ball) sentiment with regard to retaining players is something the club has been guilty of in the past, also I agree we will have Moore back but we will need a depth to the squad next season as with any season and I just feel Little can still contribute.

2 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

If a player only puts in the effort during the end of his contract, then he has the wrong attitude. 

I find people are a bit too soft at times on this forum, 3 games or so does not merit a contract extension when he's had two poor seasons in this league. If this club wants to progress, then the club need to move players like Little on.

You've got the wrong idea here.

The guy is fit, committed and finally believing in his ability, not suddenly deciding to start playing for a new contract.

He's had a torrid time with injuries and was then thrown into it. I doubted him big time but he's turned himself round at this level.

Granted we need 2 RB's though next season. 2 which will compete and perform if given the chance.

He's played very well recently but you know he's always just 1 bad game away from being "not good enough for the championship".

I'd be lying if I said I'm not always a little (pardon the pun) concerned when I see his name in the line up, especially when he's up against someone as good as Kent (who he handled really well) That concern is down to almost 2 seasons of, at best, mediocrity, it's not easy to just forget that. 

5 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Thought he was shit first half, but the way he changed it second half shows he's got it. Fair play. 

Agreed, first half he was shocking and even for their second goal he was very pedestrian in chasing back, fair play to the guy he's played well the last few games but overall he's not quite good enough 

I apologise that some of my comments may of been harsh last night. My concern is if Little did get an extension, and then more than likely went back to his original play next season, I'd be 100% people would be moaning why we gave him a contract extension. I'm fortunate I have friends over the country who support other Championship clubs, clubs with history etc. When I see some of the players their squad contains, and then look at ours. You can see the gulf between a top Championship squad, and a squad like ours who are struggling in this league. Where do most of our players go once they leave this club? League 1, where they belong. 

I just believe it is time to stop thinking small, and start thinking we can rival the likes of Derby, Wednesday, Leeds etc. The structure has been laid, it's time to start believing. 

Love Little but it's time for him to move onto a top L1 side and us to sign a Championship quality right back.

We tried to do that last summer by signing Matthews who has robbed a living off us this season. Hopefully we'll recruit better this summer.

2 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

People keep mentioning Taylor-Moore and Vyner as right backs but they are central defenders who are filling in a problem position!

Not so, both were right backs for their respected clubs on loan.

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think he's only just got full fitness / confidence in his shoulder

Never lacked effort

Think yesterday was the first time this season I noticed how leaner and fitter he seems to be. Also appears to not be so apprehensive about tackles and worried about getting injured again.

1 hour ago, Red Army 87 said:

Either him or Pack should have taken a yellow card to avoid their second goal, we should be a bit more clever in those situations, as other teams are with us.

I was screaming take a booking when they broke, we seemed comfortable from set pieces so would have been majorly logical!

55 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

I was screaming take a booking when they broke, we seemed comfortable from set pieces so would have been majorly logical!

I was shouting take him out from the Dolman! We were really on top at that point and didn't need to give them any motivation.

2 hours ago, Red Army 87 said:

Either him or Pack should have taken a yellow card to avoid their second goal, we should be a bit more clever in those situations, as other teams are with us.

Was thinking the same thing at the time - as I imagine were most of the management, team and crowd. It was still a decent finish, but the 'correct' thing to do would have been to prevent the opportunity arising.

Thought I'd just "bump" this.

Another 7/10 performance from him tonight, if he starts again next week I have changed my mind and I reckon we will offer him another deal.

As we are now safe if Vyner starts instead of him then he is on his way..

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Thought I'd just "bump" this.

Another 7/10 performance from him tonight, if he starts again next week I have changed my mind and I reckon we will offer him another deal.

As we are now safe if Vyner starts instead of him then he is on his way..

Think he'd stay Graham?

He might look around - just get the feeling he wouldn't be confident of a regular place here 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think he'd stay Graham?

He might look around - just get the feeling he wouldn't be confident of a regular place here 

His track record suggests he'd go.

However he is suddenly LJ's automatic pick at RB, we aren't bad payers at all and he may well find we are his best financial option.

Think Wilbs will depart, so this decision is really the only one that LJ has to make, as I said earlier, the B'ham team selection will be a very big clue.

Archived